Who's buying @The Kingdom, and how much?

How much?????????

• 0-0 we don't want no stinking Towers thing......

• 1-50 points

• 51-75 points

• 76-100 points

• 101-125 points

• 126-150 points

• 160 points new member buy in minimum?????

• 161-200 points

• 200-250 points

• 250+ points, money? We got plenty don't worry.....

Results are only viewable after voting.
We're looking at between 50 and 100, though we may just split the difference and do 75. Basically we'd like enough to stay in a studio for 5 nights and reserve it at the 11 month mark.

From the sounds of it I think we as potential new owners are going to be locked out by crazy DVC member. Oh well, there's always Universal Studios.

Why do you think that? You'll get your chance to buy in if you want to. The resort size will be about the same as BCV: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1684482

BCV didn't sell out to members only and I don't expect this one to either.

I really hope not because this is the one I've been waiting for. Besides the location, I like the design of the building being a tower rather than spread out like SSR. For me and my family, this will be our "home" resort if we are allowed to purchase. I don't really care if it costs a bit more because I've been waiting for this to come along now for a couple years.

Edit: BTW, I'm from Beloit.

Howdy neighbor! I think you'll be fine :). I have also been waiting and hoping for a Contemporary DVC for a really long time!

I just don`t know :confused3 We`ve been planning a small add on, I don`t really like the tower block thing, that and the name!!

I just don`t know :confused3 We`ve been planning a small add on, I don`t really like the tower block thing, that and the name!!

I think the "block tower" design makes it Contemporary. It's a much smaller footprint on the land and everything should be closer. Similar to the way they design buildings in Las Vegas.

As for the name, does the fact you're from the United Kingdom have anything to do with it? If you're objection is religious based all I can say is the churches do not own the word kingdom. If you just don't like the name for aesthetic purposes, that's OK then.

We won't be buying any. First of all, we just joined last November and don't want to increase our loan. Second, for right now we have a good number of points for our needs. But we would like to stay there now and then once it's available at the 7 month window.

If you look at the poll, I think you have nothing to worry about!:goodvibes

Am I the only one shocked by these results so far?

I know I posted no, but I thougth the yes percentages would FAR outweigh the nos. As of today over 45% of the respondents voted no. I am very surprised considering the hype..

Not interested in buying as we have all the points we can handle now. Might stay there though.

I know I posted no, but I thougth the yes percentages would FAR outweigh the nos. As of today over 45% of the respondents voted no. I am very surprised considering the hype..
I thought I remembered a poll a few years ago which had the same results.

Re: All of the no's :)

I'm really not, most everyone here owns already. As you know, points aren't cheap and KTV will only be more expensive.

My wife and I have been holding out, however if we would have already bought I would be in the no column as well.

Really, you thought all along over 50% of all members would add on at CRV, especially with the economy and real estate crash? If this is shocking you must have thought what...75% would add on? That's a staggering number if you think about it. I mean I doubt 1/2 the owners at OKW own at BCV, or half the owners at BWV own at AKV etc. I dont know how many points will be available at KTR, but with this trend it better be a lot.

Haven't paid off the 1st buy in. I have never stayed in a monorail hotel, if I do I might never want to stay anywhere else. I hope someday we will be able to book there at 7 months.

Probably zero for us, but we have learned to never say never. . .;)

However, we do hope to stay there from time to time.

I am a new DVC member and I see many people saying there are going to buy 3 small contracts, why buy 3 50pt contracts verses 1 150pt contract?

Really, you thought all along over 50% of all members would add on at CRV, especially with the economy and real estate crash? If this is shocking you must have thought what...75% would add on? That's a staggering number if you think about it. I mean I doubt 1/2 the owners at OKW own at BCV, or half the owners at BWV own at AKV etc. I dont know how many points will be available at KTR, but with this trend it better be a lot.

I never thought 50% of all members would add on.

I also never think that this board reflects the total DVC membership and this board has had a very high "hype" factor for a resort at Contempoary.... So I would have expected THIS poll to be different.

Maybe all the hype on here has been a small number of posters posting a lot about the same issues???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter