Whoo Hoo - - I'm In! My Resale Went Through!

I'm glad that yours went through! Congratulations and Welcome Home!

Congrats and Welcome Home. One more question, if you don't mind.......Did you reimburse for this year's dues?

I bought a VB resale last June/July and things are so different now. (DVC's price went up twice and they are buying back so much) I think I squeaked in when no one was looking. I'd like to add on.........not sure which way I'm going to do it though.

I think it depends on how busy Disney is on how fast you can hear back on your resale. In Oct we had to wait 2 or 3 weeks to hear if Disney okay'd the resale, in Jan we heard the next week Disney had approved it. We paid $62 for both--no banked points but both had all 2003 points.

Marymrg,
I have a March use year; there are 75 banked points from 2002 and I get the full 150 for 2003 on March 1. I didn't have to reimburse the seller for dues on the 75 banked points. Seller also paid for Jan-March 2003 dues and I'm paying for the rest of the year (April-December). I'm glad mine went through, for whatever reason! Where do you own right now (Vero Beach and another resort)? I went through Jaki Apetz for our resale and she's great!

Thanks for the info. I did the same with dues on our contract last year.......started paying when we took it over as all 2002 points were there and didn't pay anything for the banked points. (we also split closing costs)

We only own at Vero Beach for now:D We're staying at BCV and VB in April. Friends of ours own at BW, VB and HH. We were their guests last year at BW and VB and when we came back, I started scouring the resale market.

Marymrg,
Jaki told me that she thinks Disney is now looking more closely at contracts as far as who pays what (closing costs, maintenance fees, etc.). If the seller pays the closing costs, it would work out in Disney's favor because they get to exercise their ROFR and resell those points at a premium, plus they don't have to pay the closing costs. In my case, the seller would not pay closing costs, which wasn't a big deal to me. Jaki thought that the fact that the seller was paying for three months of dues would hurt me because it brought down the per point price, but it went through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter