• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whoo Hoo - - I'm In! My Resale Went Through!

JOC

<Font color="red"><marquee>DVC @ BWV</marquee><br>
I just talked to my broker and she said Disney did not buy my contract back. That was fast because my contract was submitted to Disney on Feb. 14. BWV, here I come! Maybe all that pixie dust from the chat room the other night helped out...thanks to all of you!

Congratulations! Would you mind telling us the details? Price per point, home, banked points, etc.

I'll post all details later...I'm late for a dental appointment! :(

Welcome Home!!!!!

(Hope the dentist wasn't too rough!)

Happy for you!

Congratulations and welcome home!!!!

Congratulations, JOC. I know you were concerned. Welcome Home!

Okay, here's the breakdown of my resale:

1. 150 BWV points, March Use Year.
2. 75 points banked from 2002, plus 150 on March 1, 2003.
3. I offered $71/pp, $1 more pp than the seller asked for because I had been reading about Disney buying back most resales priced at $70 and under.
4. If you add in the closing cost of $400, it makes the deal approx. $73.67/pp final price, comparable to buying BCV with Magical Beginnings.

Now we have to wait for the title search...at least we're past the biggest hurdle!

Thanks for the info JOC. I hope the dentist visit went well!

I am waiting on my own BWV resale that went to Disney two weeks ago and hope to hear about it soon. I offered a bit less than you and am hopeful about it.

Tiberius,
You said your contract went to Disney two weeks ago...I wonder what's taking yours so long? Although I am surprised mine came back so quickly as most people have been posting 2-3 week waits. I hope you get yours also!

JOC

It is my understanding that Disney reviews the contracts once a week (Wednesdays, I think I read). It is possible mine did not get there quite as quickly as yours-- or maybe Disney likes you better!!

I will post the details of my resale after hearing from Disney to let others here know.

Tiberius,
I hardly think Disney liked me better...if that's the case, I should have gotten at least a 50% discount on my points! :p
I went through Jaki Apetz and she's great -- I made an offer on Feb. 13, it was accepted on Feb. 14, she sent the paperwork to Disney on Feb. 15, and she got an e-mail back from Disney early this afternoon. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!:earsgirl:

Well now maybe I should be just a bit jealous of you JOC, as my paperwork was at closing office on Feb 12. Maybe they did not get it to Disney quite so quickly.
I will wait my turn and hope for the best, probably will know in a few days.
Best of luck to you at BWV and I hope to be a fellow owner there soon!

Thanks everyone! This is me doing the happy dance:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter