Who will be watching Emily Maynard the Bachelorette? No Spoilers PLEASE

I was sickened when I saw that Emily was going to be the Bachelorette; then she moved the show to her town and really made an effort to have Ricky around. Now, puhleeze let the 'search for love' be over for her daughter's sake. That little one doesn't need all these men parading in and out of her life. Next, it will be Ricky looking for a sugardaddy a la her mother's mode of operation. Jef was a good man; he WAS moral and honest. Seems she's tainted his life now too. Good grief!

Wow. So sad. But I suppose none of us should really be surprised. Sigh.

They just seemed different than the rest of the skanks on that show, and that's why I was really rooting for them.

So... she cheated on him? And he kept the farce going because she basically paid him off to do so?

....she cheated on HIM???!?! :eek: wow.

So that UK website column I posted knew before the US outlets - even before the Enquirer? ;) What's up with good old American gossip journalists these days LOL

Maybe they were hoping it wasn't true, and like the rest of us, hoping this couple would make it like Trista & Ryan & not Ashley & J.P.

( ^^^ When a word, like J.P. has a period at the end of the word, and it ends at the end of the sentence, do you just put ONE period? Or do you add a second one to end the sentence? :confused3 )

Anyway, on GMA, supposedly, Emily made a statement saying that the two of them were just at different places in their lives. That Jef was too focused on using the fame he now has to publicize his water company, than focusing on creating a family with her & Rikki.

I don't know about anyone else, but, on the one hand, this does seem to be more in line with what the real story might be. It never made sense to me as to why Jef would sign up for the show. He comes from such a conservative, Mormon background, then he's competing with 25 other guys for a woman?

It does make sense that he originally was attracted to be on the show to go traveling to all the countries and to hang out with all the guys having fun. A couple other guys admitted that. Even if Jef got booted off in Week 3, he'd still have some fame & recognition from being on the show that he could use to help promote his water company. All that makes sense to me. He never expected to fall in love and be the F1.

As for Emily, she's been wanting to start a family and have a brother or sister for Rikki, like yesterday, to the degree that she's been unrealistic in her expectations about having any relationship speed forward so she can get pregnant right away, so that the age difference between Rikki & the sibling isn't too much.

Rikki has always been her first priority. It doesn't make sense she would throw that all away and cheat on Jef if she really thought the could make it. :confused3 If she just wanted a romp in the hay with a guy she knew wasn't going to last, she could have picked Arie instead. We all know that wouldn't have lasted any longer, and Emily would have had a better time. :rolleyes1

(That does make me wonder if Arie will be trying to pursue Emily again, now that he knows she's available. :scratchin )

On the other hand, Emily can't seem to make any relationship long term with anyone since her tragedy. I have often wondered if Ricky Hendricks had lived, whether they would still be together. She was awfully young when they were together. It was such a fairy tale romance.

Since them, she has said EVERY guy she's dated, there was always something wrong. Emily, if it's every guy, and YOU are the common denominator in it all, maybe it's YOU that is the problem? :confused3

I wouldn't want to be a guy having to compete with the pedestal she put her tragic love on. And I wouldn't want to be the sperm donor used to get a sibling for little Rikki, to such an extent that they have to speed though making a relationship stable before the natural time it takes to develop one. :crazy2:

......STILL my favorite couple from The Bachelor/The Bachelorette EVER! :thumbsup2

Me too! :thumbsup2 You can tell that JP is genuinely in love with Ashley, and after she got over her stupidity with Bentley, realized what a gem she had in JP. I had no doubt these two would last. I also was not surprised that Jason and Molly have made it this far, although couldn't stand either of them. They just seemed well suited. You can usually tell when two people are a match. I never thought Emily and Jef were a good match even though I liked both of the individually. He I liked from the start, she sort of grew on me but now I am wondering if it wasn't just a big show to get more famous.

Me too! :thumbsup2 You can tell that JP is genuinely in love with Ashley, and after she got over her stupidity with Bentley, realized what a gem she had in JP. I had no doubt these two would last. I also was not surprised that Jason and Molly have made it this far, although couldn't stand either of them. They just seemed well suited. You can usually tell when two people are a match. I never thought Emily and Jef were a good match even though I liked both of the individually. He I liked from the start, she sort of grew on me but now I am wondering if it wasn't just a big show to get more famous.

::yes:: I found it ironic that she's allegedly criticizing Jef for using his fame to help advertise his water company. Yet, she's been on The Bachelor(ette) twice. :rolleyes:

::yes:: I found it ironic that she's allegedly criticizing Jef for using his fame to help advertise his water company. Yet, she's been on The Bachelor(ette) twice. :rolleyes:

Jef even had a girlfriend when he left for the show! But the girl found out he was also seeing other girls. He's a totally different guy from what you see on TV. He also tried to meet up with her twice while they were still engaged. But in all honesty, he doesn't even fit Emily's type. I also don't know why she keeps going on this show.
I liked her before, but now I've realized she's too picky, and I think she loves the attention. I'm pretty sure the Hendricks dislike this type of behavior, and their granddaughter being paraded around on tv.

i liked them together, but they always seemed like more "friends." they just had no heat or spark versus the fireworks with Arie. and i didn't think that she and Arie had anything deeper than fireworks. for a good match, i think you need to have both.

i was hoping it was just that Jef was holding back because of the television cameras. but, i'm guessing it probably was just not there.

I was sickened when I saw that Emily was going to be the Bachelorette; then she moved the show to her town and really made an effort to have Ricky around. Now, puhleeze let the 'search for love' be over for her daughter's sake. That little one doesn't need all these men parading in and out of her life. Next, it will be Ricky looking for a sugardaddy a la her mother's mode of operation. Jef was a good man; he WAS moral and honest. Seems she's tainted his life now too. Good grief!
"Sickened"? Really? And I think Jef is a big boy and is responsible for his own life being "tainted", if it is in fact tainted. After all, HE went on "The Bachelorette" show...not exactly the most upstanding approach to finding a wife. Good entertainment, lots of publicity, yes.
Jef even had a girlfriend when he left for the show! But the girl found out he was also seeing other girls. He's a totally different guy from what you see on TV. He also tried to meet up with her twice while they were still engaged. But in all honesty, he doesn't even fit Emily's type. I also don't know why she keeps going on this show.

I liked her before, but now I've realized she's too picky, and I think she loves the attention. I'm pretty sure the Hendricks dislike this type of behavior, and their granddaughter being paraded around on tv.
I've read that comment on The Bachelor/ette threads before, and I just don't get it. A bunch of producers pick 25 men or women for a 3 month (?) show, not for their compatibility with the "star" but to create drama and increase ratings, and where the "star" doesn't narrow it down to one until the very end, and when it doesn't work out, the "star" is too picky? :confused3 I'd have more respect (if that word even fits this show under any circumstances) if the producers chose 25 men or women who at least had a fighting chance of some compatibility.

I was never thrilled about Jef. Just too Bieber-ish. Now Sean...:blush: I hope I don't dislike him after his season, as frequently happens.

On a lighter note (cuz this is such a DEEP discussion :lmao:), DD texted me that either Arie or Jef tweeted a picture yesterday of them playing golf together. Who says this show isn't successful at matching people up! LOL

...( ^^^ When a word, like J.P. has a period at the end of the word, and it ends at the end of the sentence, do you just put ONE period? Or do you add a second one to end the sentence? :confused3 )....

:rotfl2:

On a lighter note (cuz this is such a DEEP discussion :lmao:), DD texted me that either Arie or Jef tweeted a picture yesterday of them playing golf together. Who says this show isn't successful at matching people up! LOL

The bro-mance outlives the romance! :lmao:

Ok kids, get this! I just read on a gossip sight that Emily is being considered for a re- do as the bachelorette because her ratings were high! I can believe she would do it again (likes the fame), but would ABC? :confused3

Really?? I actually, foolishly thought Emily and Jef with one f would make it! I'm so over this show. In over what, 20 seasons now, only 3 couples have actually stayed together. I'm disgusted and ABC really needs to pull the plug on this farce now.:mad:

If Emily does the show again, she's an idiot. Maybe it's time to re-evaluate your dating criteria then. Not to mention her daughter is involved! Little Ricki doesn't need to have her mom's engaged men paraded in front of her with the hopes of actually getting a new dad.:sad2:

So, is one of those periods the period after J.P.'s name?
67ec7096.gif

Ok kids, get this! I just read on a gossip sight that Emily is being considered for a re- do as the bachelorette because her ratings were high! I can believe she would do it again (likes the fame), but would ABC? :confused3

Does this mean her "girls" are going to get even bigger? ;) :p

Really?? I actually, foolishly thought Emily and Jef with one f would make it! I'm so over this show. In over what, 20 seasons now, only 3 couples have actually stayed together. I'm disgusted and ABC really needs to pull the plug on this farce now.:mad:

If Emily does the show again, she's an idiot. Maybe it's time to re-evaluate your dating criteria then. Not to mention her daughter is involved! Little Ricki doesn't need to have her mom's engaged men paraded in front of her with the hopes of actually getting a new dad.:sad2:

I don't know, when you think about it, the statistics of how many people one meets before finding real love is about the same. They just all don't happen at once and are paraded on national TV and in front of the kids. And to Emily's credit, she did not have Rikki meet Arie at all.

Jason and his wife (Molly?) are expecting.....not sure if this is news here or not!

Sad, I hadn't heard Jef & Emily had split. Too bad for Ricki...I was hoping they would make it. I went to check the news, and there is a report that they were seen together just yesterday. I wonder if they were just tying up loose ends after the breakup.

JMO but yes, I think they'd go there again - don't you remember all the rumors last summer that she was really in love with Chris (Harrison), and caused his divorce? :rolleyes1

I think he'd be glad to host her again :)

(If you've forgotten those rumors, last June and July was full of stories, like this googled one:
"Emily Maynard may not have found happiness with any of her eligible suitors on The Bachelorette because she had her eyes on someone else the whole time… Her heart has always belonged to Chris Harrison.

The insiders have all been whispering about how close they have been for awhile and now sources are saying that they are madly in love… and it’s been going on for awhile.

The love fest began when Em was on The Bachelor the first time. She not only won over Brad Womack’s heart but caught the attention of Chris Harrison too. Chris told everyone that Emily was the most beautiful woman that he ever laid his eyes on.

Past winner Vienna Girardi told Star magazine that she wasn’t surprised when Chris announced he was splitting with his wife after 18 years because of his love for Emily. Vienna said, “From the beginning, I always said there was no way Emily was really going to end up with one of the guys because she really wanted to be with Chris, and it was obvious he wanted to be with her too. I vacationed with Chris and his family in St. Lucia and know him well. He was never with his wife. He’s such a flirt. I guarantee Emily and Chris will end up together in the end. If she gets engaged to another man, the show will probably spin it as a love triangle

And we should believe that Vienna knows all, right? :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter