Who Wants To Try a DIS-Meet At Gulf State Park In May-June 2016?

GET OUT OF TOWN! Shoot yeah this keeps getting better and better! I will be going to this! FINS UP!

Randy,

Do people dress up for a JB concert? Are you one of these guys?

64480d8a714c7439c9c7013e97700cd3.jpg

I'm afraid nobody will even notice you. :sad2:

Bama Ed

We'll probably be skipping out on JB but if you need us to kid sit for you Randy we can make that happen.

OHHH YEAH!!! After 35 long stressful minutes and a whole bunch of 4 letter and compound words I scored me some tickets to see Uncle Jimmy at the Wharf on the 31st! (Just the record I absolutely hate ticketmaster!) But for right now "I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise!" pirate:

Randy agreed. It was painful but I got tickets. Where are you at? We are in 304.

So Tiggerdad maybe kid sitting, do you dog sit too? Just kidding. Mallory would love it but yeti not so much.

Thanks Bama Ed for the tip on the tickets. Bert and I have talked about trying to go to one of his concerts and even better that it falls during vacation. Am sure Bert will still want to see the blue angels on Wednesday but I would NOT wait on us in the morning.

Garneska you where asking about the best way to GSP, I took this picture of the exit you are looking for on I65 South.
20160217_093201_zpsswok8rvf.jpg

I had to go bring home our old camper from the Hunting camp, so I thought about it and snapped a picture.

I am so excited I we got tickets, we're in 307. He puts on a good show, I just couldn't pass up being in GSP and JB having a concert right around the corner at the Wharf. One of my wife's coworkers won two tickets off the radio yesterday, and they live on Dauphin Island so I told her to pass along we have some extra beds if they wanted to stay at the camper.

Yeah Ed thanks for the tip on the concert, I wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

I think I will be back with Tiggerdad holding down the fort at GSP. (Or planning the next round of practical jokes for you all to find). JB is cool music, but not a big enough fan to have to see him in concert.

If you need kid or dog watching, I have an 18 year old I'll loan out. He'd love the responsibility.

j

Last edited:

We've boarded and entertained kids, dogs, cats, horses, fish, and once even kept a chicken for our neighbor. We can help in all ways.

Jim, i will be hanging at Gulf that night too.

Ed

We'll be heading to Pensacola that next morning for the museum and Blue Angels. Best I be rested up.

Okay for those that may not know there are two pairs of Bald Eagles nesting somewhere in the area of the Gulf State Park. One pair has two hatch lings in the nest. So tomorrow we are going on a fact finding scout mission. First I will find, photograph and if possible measure some of the sites for the bigger campers. Then we hope to photograph the eagles without disturbing them. I purchased a new super sleuth spy machine to get me there quickly. I will report back as soon as practical. Here is the new ride upload_2016-2-19_19-30-32.png

Well it looks like I am headed to Gulf next weekend. Will be a simple Aliner trip of the type i wanted to be able to make. Just unhook, plug into shore power, and drop stabilizers. No awning or easy up, no water or gray water hookup. Just a 2 night "grab & go".

I did tack a power strip into the Aliner at the dinette. The existing plug was down between the knees and was a little cumbersome when the dinette was made out into a bed.

At the present moment i am unwelcome in my own home. For those of you with daughters, it is high school beauty walk night. Thank goodness it is limited to seniors only (still over 100 girls). DD and DW are doing the hair, nails, and makeup now and i am in hiding.

Take your kids camping while you still can.

Bama Ed

I really like that setup Ed! I keep thinking about getting something small like that to have for the quick trips instead of driving the "big girl" out.

Okay my quick trip to Gulf State Park was a success. I photographed all the sites that were in question and was able to see a baby eagle. The wife's expensive camera died so I will upload the pics from my phone. I will do it in groups so it makes a little sense. Later as we get closer I will do a complete Go This Way set. First up is Site 99 for Garneska. Kris you should have plenty of room. As you enter the campgrounds take the first loop to the left.

Site 99 is next to last on the right. Next pic is a not so good front left side view.

Finally a view of the rear area which back up to the little wet area.

Last edited:
If anyone really wants more room to the rear I would suggest site 74.

Here is a back view of those sites from the road. They have started clearing out more underbrush. Something about removing non native plants. Personally I don't like it since it is removing a lot of the privacy factor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter