Who Wants To Try a DIS-Meet At Gulf State Park In May-June 2016?

Thanks Ed.

I'm still looking at possibilities and the best dates. I'll let you know if we end up getting a site at GSP.

j

Over 1000 replies on this thread... I'd call that a success.

Jim, you know we'd be happy to have ya there again.

Jim, you know we'd be happy to have ya there again.
Thanks Michael. DW said she would like to go back to Destin. I've been playing with dates at Topsail Hill, but it's pretty booked. GSP has a sites open after Memorial week, but if I went back there, I'd rather go when you all are there. We'd have to cut a day off the front though because of DS' graduation.

Too many things to think about.

I will let everyone know if we decide on GSP.

j

Thanks Michael. DW said she would like to go back to Destin. I've been playing with dates at Topsail Hill, but it's pretty booked. GSP has a sites open after Memorial week, but if I went back there, I'd rather go when you all are there. We'd have to cut a day off the front though because of DS' graduation.

Too many things to think about.

I will let everyone know if we decide on GSP.

j

Oh yeah, Jim.

Make sure you bring your passport this time so the Floridians will let you Illinoisians into the local attractions.

:lmao::rotfl2:

Oh yeah, Jim.

Make sure you bring your passport this time so the Floridians will let you Illinoisians into the local attractions.

:lmao::rotfl2:
Funny... Actually I just looked at Donna and said we should remember to bring our passports...

Because...

I just made reservations at GSP for site 2! party:

We'll drive down after Ian graduates on Saturday and get in sometime on Sunday May 28th. We'll stay through the next Saturday.

Sorry, but you'll have to put up with us for another week.

j

That's great Jim. I guess this means I can't throw my banana peels in the grass behind my site because you would see it and report me to Mr. Ranger.

PAPA+YOGI.png

Ya know, sometime soon somebody is going to have to start a new Gulf 2017 DIS-Meet thread....

Bama Ed

That's great Jim. I guess this means I can't throw my banana peels in the grass behind my site.

Ya know, sometime soon somebody is going to have to start a new Gulf 2017 DIS-Meet thread....
Go ahead and throw the peels over. I still have the fine folks in site 3 to blame things on. :duck:I plan on spending some time at your site working on the puzzle next year. Everyone wanted to go shopping and to the beach this year and I didn't get a lot of time to help.

And with over 1000 posts on this topic, we should just update the name and keep it going.

I know you, Tiggerdad and Flametamr are in. Who else has reservations?

j

Glad y'all can join us again Jim. Randy that sounds about right on your assignments. On a bit of personal news I'm waiting word now on another job. I have been looking and applying for a few things to suppliment my retirement income or the lack there of. The other day I applied a second time to Evonik/Degussa for a chemical operator position and was picked to test. I'm one of 300 from 1831 applicants. This past Friday at the end of a very bad week following my first ever kidney stone surgery I had to take three online psychological tests. So I may not have done all that well. It was the worse timing ever. We'll see next week if I get invited to interview. As some may remember I came close to getting the same type job with Chevron a while back. I would hate going back to work but this is a great job in our area and would be such a great thing for my family. I'm not cut out for this retirement stuff just yet. Too much time and not enough money is always a problem.

Amen to that Joe, hope it works out well for ya. Sorry about that stone though!

I don't know Ed, you think a new thread, maybe after the first of the year? You'll have to do another one of those tables on the first post again to help poor Randy out otherwise he'll be trying to set up in the wrong site.

Glad y'all can join us again Jim. I would hate going back to work but this is a great job in our area and would be such a great thing for my family. I'm not cut out for this retirement stuff just yet.
Thanks!

And I've been doing the retirement math a lot lately. I just had a birthday that puts me 12 years away from social security. (Might as well dream for a decade or so). I figured with my social security, pension from work and my 401-k, I could live comfortably for about 3 months. :D

Looks like I'm stuck working for awhile.

Or you could be like my dad. He just turned 86 on Saturday. He went back to work full time 3 years ago helping out a not-for-profit with their books. My mom died 5 years ago and he said he was bored. Oh... and the money was nice. :-)

j

I don't remember when I booked last year, but did you get a confirmation email right away when you booked? I still don't have one. I'm wondering if I typed in a wrong email address.

j

Jim I wouldn't wait to check your reservation. They have had some issues lately. My sister camped this past weekend and had some serious issues with the volunteer staff after hours. First someone with the same last name apparently checked in and then realized they go put in the wrong place. Turns out the clerk checked in the wrong Butler. The clerk moved them but never reinstated my sister's reservation. When she arrived the night crew told her she didn't have reservations and she would have to pay full price or leave. She ended up after lots or drama refusing to leave and took it up with the assistant park director the next day. They got it straight and comped her the weekend due to her treatment. Long story short check your reservation and site assignments.

Last edited:
I found that the first time I booked the email ended up in the spam folder. Just make sure.

Having rechecked my email after Jim's post. I made the reservation in person. Not on the phone. The only thing I noticed now is they don't list the site number. Does anyone else have their site number listed on the reservations ?

I looked in my Spam folder on both of the emails I could have used. Nothing...

I just called to check on the reservation. Unfortunately, "the laptop running the server" is down right now so they will call me back. Being an IT guy, there are so many things wrong with that comment, but I'll just let it go. :-)

Site 2 doesn't show up anymore in the reservation search, so I'll hope that is mine, but I'll wait for the confirmation and let you know.

j

Apparently the "server" is back up at GSP. The very nice girl that talked funny :duck:confirmed I am in Site 2 from May 28 - June 3rd 2017 and I should be getting an email soon.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter