Who saw Fantasmic! with FastPass on Fri/Sat & wants to share their thoughts?

Does anyone know what the area on the map is that is labeled "Guest Service Recovery"? I'm trying to figure out what that area is...

The only problem we had was my elderly Father got trampled when we left (yes, knocked clear to the ground and scared the begeeiees out of me), Luckily he fell into my pint sized daughter and just had a badly scrapped up knee. We thought it would be better to leave before the fireworks to avoid the crowd - wrong. if you have any mobility issues wait until everyone clears out and the leave.

Oh my goodness. That is scary. When we went, I actually said to my husband when we were in the massive crowd (can't call it a line) to get in "This is a lawsuit waiting to happen!" There were so many people in such a small area, I felt like cattle! We were both clinging to our smaller children for dear life. It would be too easy for someone to trip and fall and for other people to just continue walking over them.

Frankly, I have some pretty negative feelings about the whole issue of fastpass/preferred seating. It really angers me that if you want a really good spot you have to give more money to Disney. We are a family of 6 and the Blue Bayou package would be over $300! Even the on the go meals would cost us another $100+.

Sorry, but this, combined with them taking away the Court of Angels for Club 33, is just Disney saying to us again, "Only the people with money matter to us."

Frankly, I have some pretty negative feelings about the whole issue of fastpass/preferred seating. It really angers me that if you want a really good spot you have to give more money to Disney. We are a family of 6 and the Blue Bayou package would be over $300! Even the on the go meals would cost us another $100+.

The additional cost is also an issue for me.
Going to Disneyland is getting more expensive every year.

I may have to get a part-time job to help support my trips.

We'll see how it goes on our trip in March.

Geemo

Has anyone tried the River belle for fastpass dining? So far I've booked the BB, but I'm wondering how river belle or Aladdin dinner and seating may be. BB with 4 people is expensive, but a dining package of some sort seems necessary to get a good view of the show. Also we will be there right on Presidents' Day.
Just wondering if anyone has tried either other dining option.

The Disboard podcast did a Review on the F! Riverbelle terrace--very good reviews! You should listen to it. :goodvibes

The Disney podcast did a Review ipon the F! Riverbelle terrace--very good reviews! You should listen to it. :goodvibes

Do you have a link or can you tell me how to find it? I am podcast challenged. We have reservations for tomorrow evening.

This link should take you to it. http://www.disunplugged.com/2014/12/18/dis-unplugged-podcast-121814-disneyland-show/

If not..just look above on the disboards. Click pod cast then Disneyland. It was in the mid Dec Pod cast on F! Hope this helps. I've not read too many on Riverbelle, but every F! One @ Riverbelle I've read has been good. I we've debated booking there for our upcoming trip....but we've always wanted to dine at the Blue Bayou as a family. I think either would be great. I've even heard several people report they think view from Riverbelle is better than Blue Bayou. :love:

This link should take you to it. http://www.disunplugged.com/2014/12/18/dis-unplugged-podcast-121814-disneyland-show/

If not..just look above on the disboards. Click pod cast then Disneyland. It was in the mid Dec Pod cast on F! Hope this helps. I've not read too many on Riverbelle, but every F! One @ Riverbelle I've read has been good. I wven debated booking there for upcoming trip....but we've always wanted to tey Blue Bayou as a family. I think either would be great. I've even heard several report they think view from Riverbelle is better than Blue Bayou. :love:

Thanks, really appreciate it!:goodvibes

Has anyone tried the River belle for fastpass dining? So far I've booked the BB, but I'm wondering how river belle or Aladdin dinner and seating may be. BB with 4 people is expensive, but a dining package of some sort seems necessary to get a good view of the show. Also we will be there right on Presidents' Day. Just wondering if anyone has tried either other dining option.

We did River belle on Friday last week and it was great. The food was ok - not great. The seating area is fantastic. We were literally 3 feet from the BB section very close to center view. Best of all we showed up 5 minutes before the show started and had great seats.

We did River belle on Friday last week and it was great. The food was ok - not great. The seating area is fantastic. We were literally 3 feet from the BB section very close to center view. Best of all we showed up 5 minutes before the show started and had great seats.

Can you tell me where to line up for the Rivebelle section? I listened to the podcast but she says she got re routed but doesn't say to where. Or I missed it. Plus that was two days in. It sounds like they have more of a handle on it now.

It's almost on top of the entrance to Pirates. Go from the entrance of Pirates towards the water and it's right there.

Anyone have any updated information on F! FPs? Have there been changes to what has been posted above? I'm a DL first-timer (WDW vet) with only one day at DL visiting Easter Sunday, 4/6 (yes, I know, it will be crazy). There are two F! shows: 9:00pm and 10:45pm, and one fireworks show at 9:25pm. I would like to see the 10:45 F! so that we can see the fireworks from the Hub. A few questions:
1. I know the FP machines give out the FPs in order - first show first, and second show after the first show runs out. Any estimate on when the 10:45 show may start distributing on a busy day like Easter Sunday? DL opens at 8am.
2. When should we go over to the F! viewing area for the 10:45 show? Right after fireworks?
3. Off-topic, but when should we go to the hub to get decent fireworks spots?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Just an FYI, if you are referring to Easter 2015, Easter is Sunday, April 5. Are you going on the Monday after Easter?

Does anyone know what the area on the map is that is labeled "Guest Service Recovery"? I'm trying to figure out what that area is...
Those are the people who book the special VIP tours. They are usually around $300/hour with a 6 hour minimum. You basically have your personal tour guide/runner. They will run around the park and get fastpasses and get you in the exit and right onto rides. It's sort of like a special access helper. Part of that is special viewing locations for parades and shows.

Those are the people who book the special VIP tours. They are usually around $300/hour with a 6 hour minimum. You basically have your personal tour guide/runner. They will run around the park and get fastpasses and get you in the exit and right onto rides. It's sort of like a special access helper. Part of that is special viewing locations for parades and shows.

That is actually a different area. The tours have chairs and are located in the old dessert package area. GSR is ground seating and on either side of the control booth under the center light tower

Observations from 1/3/15, first show 8:45

The 3 premium dining packages were all seated in one continuous area along the waters edge, split into 3 sections by tape lines (no rope). The New Dessert Package section was on the left (to the left while facing the show), in front left light tower (and the left part of the old dessert package -- now used for VIP). The Blue Bayou section was adjacent on the right, and The River Belle section on the far right (extending beyond the central light tower). The order of the 3 sections follow the relative locations of the restaurants.

The guests with colored fastpasses enter first, making it rather obvious if anyone tries to sit in the completely empty dining package area.
Once the colored fastpasses had entered, the premium dining guests were allowed in. Fastpasses were collected as guests entered the various seated sections. The premium dining area was full, but not crowded. The last guests arriving could still easily find a spot to sit.

Unfortunately, this performance was halted when Tick-Tock malfunctioned.​

Observations from 1/4/15, first show 8:45

The stairs and open space around the anchor (formerly used for VIP seating on the ground) is left empty (or perhaps a few guests) as an emergency exit route.

The raised area behind the Blue Bayou seated section (the right part of the old dessert package) is used as overflow for Blue Bayou or as a normal fastpass area.​
I am trying to find out if the Blue Bayou dining packages actually get to sit down? My husband cannot stand for long periods of time. THANK YOU!

Yes, the Blue Bayou dining package viewing area is the only one with guaranteed ground seating. In practice, the RBT guests also can sit on the ground, but it's not guaranteed in the description of the package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter