Who saw Fantasmic! with FastPass on Fri/Sat & wants to share their thoughts?

Regardless of how chaotic you may perceive the system to be, informing multiple Cast Members that "your party will not be moving" because the lines were not clear enough for your taste seems a little silly to me!

The rollout has been an expectedly rocky start, but I don't think it was as miserable as a lot of the early reports we've been hearing have been making it out to be.

They had some cast members telling them one thing, and others telling them the complete opposite thing. Which CMs are they supposed to listen to? All of them? How is a guest supposed to know which CM is right and which is wrong? I, too, would get to a point where I'd stay in one spot when it's clear that the CMs don't know what they're doing.

If all the spots in the BB dining section are in fact seated spots, I don't think you need luck. These are all good spots. Before F! Fastpass was a thing, we sat to the very back of the seated section in the very center and I thought they were the very best seats. I could see everything perfectly and because of the angle of the pavement, my kids could see great too. I don't think you need to be near the rail.

No, you don't need luck. The BB spots are all fantastic, and if you are having trouble seeing you can stand in the back and have a great view. It's all high enough you can see well from any area there it seems.

I saw Fantasmic! on Wednesday, Dec. 17th and things turned out better than I was expecting. I didn't get a dining package, just a regular Fastpass. I got a Yellow Fastpass around 10:30 am. There were three colors: yellow, blue, and green. Dining packages were located in the center (all seated), blue on the side closer to Haunted Mansion, and yellow on the side near Frontierland. Green was on the bridge. Yellow and blue were to arrive at 7:45 for the first show, green was to arrive later (I'm guessing 8:15). Wheelchairs were located at the back of the seated sections for each color (I think they possibly had the best views!).

The first few feet of our section was seating only, the back and right side was standing only. The seating section filled up FAST. We arrived around 7:40 and could not start lining up yet as CMs were very aggressively moving people along. We had to loop around NOS before we arrived back at the meeting location (petrified tree) at 7:47. There was a HUGE crowd of people trying to stuff themselves in, blocking the pathway. Both yellow and blue went in at the same place, and were then sorted by CMs after entering the reserved areas. We got about the 3rd or 4th seated row behind the railing. We were ushered in and didn't really have an opportunity to choose a spot as more people rushed in beside us, claiming their seats. We sat down where we were standing and hunkered down with the other sardines for the hour.

Although it was very crowded, I have to say that the CMs did an awesome job, and seemed to know their stuff now. There were also big signs up telling you where to line up if you had Fastpasses. So it would seem that there have been a few improvements since the beginning. And I was pleased with our seats.

I did notice that several people in our section thought this was a standing only show, like WOC. Just before showtime they started standing up, and CMs had to yell into the crowd that this was a seating only section.

Thanks for the updates everyone! It does sound like the viewing areas are evolving and changing. Certainly they've changed from the first weekend. :rotfl: I'd like to update the map I had earlier in the thread, but I'm not entirely clear where the viewing areas are at this point. I don't think we'll know for sure where all of the viewing areas for a while, but at this point, this is my best guess based on what folks have reported.

• Green: The PotC bridge.
  • Blue: On the NOS side of the ROA, adjacent to the Dessert Party Viewing Area. Potentially from just past the Light Tower to Harbour Gallery.
  • Gold/Yellow: On the Frontierland side of the ROA, adjacent to the RBT DP Viewing area.
  • Red/Standby: Adjacent to the Gold/Yellow area, on the Frontierland side of ROA.

Anyone know what color FP is now associated with the area that is behind the Light Tower? It was previously Gold, but from the more recent descriptions, I'd guess it's either merged with the Blue or is part of the Green.

Hi! On Monday, Dec 22nd we saw actual "chairs" set up in a roped off center section area. We were very surprised because all post say you get a pillow to sit on from BB dining package. Would love to hear from someone that sat in the special reserved "chairs" during the first Fantasmic show.

Hi! On Monday, Dec 22nd we saw actual "chairs" set up in a roped off center section area. We were very surprised because all post say you get a pillow to sit on from BB dining package. Would love to hear from someone that sat in the special reserved "chairs" during the first Fantasmic show.

There were chairs set up to the left of the light post area when we saw the show the first night. I'm assuming for celebs/big wigs. Maybe club 33 guests. But was totally curious.

So am I right to assume...

If you want a guarantee seat you have to get a dining package.

Or be the first few hundred at your section if you are a Lunch, Dessert, or basic FP guest.

So am I right to assume...

If you want a guarantee seat you have to get a dining package.

Or be the first few hundred at your section if you are a Lunch, Dessert, or basic FP guest.

I think it's to early to really know if the chairs are going to be a permanent feature (for the Blue Bayou dining package) or if there was some VIP/special event going on that night. I'm curious to hear if it happened again and continues to occur...

I'm not sure what you mean by "lunch" because it sounds like the Aladdin dining packages (lunch and dinner come with a basic FP, and the RBT is a dinner package (starting around 4:00 pm).

There were chairs set up to the left of the light post area when we saw the show the first night. I'm assuming for celebs/big wigs. Maybe club 33 guests. But was totally curious.
Where is the light post area? Is that the light tower, slightly to the left of the center (when facing Tom Sawyer Island)? I know they have chairs (two rows or so) set up next to the control/sound stations in a roped off area in front of the light tower.

Where is the light post area? Is that the light tower, slightly to the left of the center (when facing Tom Sawyer Island)? I know they have chairs (two rows or so) set up next to the control/sound stations in a roped off area in front of the light tower.

Light tower, yes. The one that raises. That is the only place I saw chairs set up. There is also a little section to the right of the light tower that was roped off that said reserved with ground seating, but no idea who was sitting there either.

I think it's to early to really know if the chairs are going to be a permanent feature (for the Blue Bayou dining package) or if there was some VIP/special event going on that night. I'm curious to hear if it happened again and continues to occur...

To the best of my knowledge, there are no chairs for BB. Just the seat cushions. Has someone heard otherwise or actually gotten a physical chair.

I’m an AP member and I normally like to stroll in the afternoon on a weekend, watch the fireworks, and then watch the 10:30 showing of F!. Typically I’m quick enough to squeeze through the crowd and get front row center to watch, and I only have to wait about 20 mins to watch.
However the new F! system threw my whole nighttime experience out of the window.
I went on xmas, so the crowd was the max. They even stopped letting people into Disneyland around 3. So I got the F! FP at 11. Got the 1045 showing in the blue group. I’d preferred the 845 showing, but heck now I’m able to watch the fireworks on Main Street. I just had to line up near the docks around 945. No biggie.

So after the fireworks ended, 930, I migrated to the docks from main street. Still the usual unbearable crowd heading over to frontierland. They still held up the area until the previous crowd cleared. I kept asking the CMs, where do I meet? About 5 of them said, near the flag pole next to the docks. There was no sign, marking, no direction on where to meet.

After waiting about 10 mins, they dropped the rope. Still a mad house getting to seating area. There was no control. People who did not have FP was mixed in with the FP people. It caused more problems because traffic was more backed up. FYI, right side is FP area, left side non-FP area.
After walking through multiple check points, I finally got to my seat, near the raft loading area. I tried getting close to center as possible, but it was still a bad angle. Its right between the two screens, so I didn’t clearly see the screen.

Anyways once I sat, it was relatively calm. I didn’t have to worry about people squishing up behind me making the area more crowded, which was quite pleasant. Although I had to wait around an hour before the show starts
I did notice one this, up to five before show time, there was a huge empty space in the center section in the BB area. Imagine a sold out concert, but the first five rows is empty with like 10 people. i took a picture of that, i can find a way to post an image. I also noticed a few people wanting to move back because of the bad viewing area.

Anyways, the 1145 show was relatively empty so I don’t know how FP will be with a third showing

Pros:
Once seated, it was calming. Didn’t have to worry about people squeezing into your space.
i might be able to get good seating on the 1st fantasmic showing

Cons:
Location. It’s just horrendous. regardless of how soon you arrive, you'll never get close the center without paying extra.
Waiting. that's just a mess. WOC works because of multiple line up and it's segmented well.

Improvements:
reduce the reserve dining area. There is no point having a sold out concert with the center empty. woc has a smaller reserved area. F! the reserved area is so big. it covers the entire front screen.
put up more signs. it was confusing where to go. how to line up.

Final thoughts:
putting F! FP kinda questions a lot of things about Disney of how money grubbing corperate is. At least for WOC, there is option to get up close and center. there is no way to do this now in Disneyland. i mean imagine a teenager wanting to watch fantasmic. before you can just get there early but now you have a to pay? imagine if youre a first timer, "i want to watch fantasmic" do you have a fast pass? no. sorry all gone. so sad.

This also questions how Disney treats AP. it doesn't cater at all to the afternoon/after work AP people. almost questions if i should even renew my AP now.

also if you ever take a look at the center seats in front of the rivers of america, you'll notice how empty it is. i remember a long time ago i asked a CM where the best seat is to watch fantasmic is. dead center next to rivers of america. that's all gone.

maybe it'll improve. tell me what you guys think

Here is what I think...

I have seen F! only 1 time. We paid for the dessert seating and found it to be well worth the cost.

For about the same cost, we can eat a full meal at Blue Bayou and be assured a decent area where we can sit, and see the show.

I’m an AP member and I normally like to stroll in the afternoon on a weekend, watch the fireworks, and then watch the 10:30 showing of F!. Typically I’m quick enough to squeeze through the crowd and get front row center to watch, and I only have to wait about 20 mins to watch.
However the new F! system threw my whole nighttime experience out of the window.
I went on xmas, so the crowd was the max. They even stopped letting people into Disneyland around 3. So I got the F! FP at 11. Got the 1045 showing in the blue group. I’d preferred the 845 showing, but heck now I’m able to watch the fireworks on Main Street. I just had to line up near the docks around 945. No biggie.

So after the fireworks ended, 930, I migrated to the docks from main street. Still the usual unbearable crowd heading over to frontierland. They still held up the area until the previous crowd cleared. I kept asking the CMs, where do I meet? About 5 of them said, near the flag pole next to the docks. There was no sign, marking, no direction on where to meet.

After waiting about 10 mins, they dropped the rope. Still a mad house getting to seating area. There was no control. People who did not have FP was mixed in with the FP people. It caused more problems because traffic was more backed up. FYI, right side is FP area, left side non-FP area.
After walking through multiple check points, I finally got to my seat, near the raft loading area. I tried getting close to center as possible, but it was still a bad angle. Its right between the two screens, so I didn’t clearly see the screen.

Anyways once I sat, it was relatively calm. I didn’t have to worry about people squishing up behind me making the area more crowded, which was quite pleasant. Although I had to wait around an hour before the show starts
I did notice one this, up to five before show time, there was a huge empty space in the center section in the BB area. Imagine a sold out concert, but the first five rows is empty with like 10 people. i took a picture of that, i can find a way to post an image. I also noticed a few people wanting to move back because of the bad viewing area.

Anyways, the 1145 show was relatively empty so I don’t know how FP will be with a third showing

Pros:
Once seated, it was calming. Didn’t have to worry about people squeezing into your space.
i might be able to get good seating on the 1st fantasmic showing

Cons:
Location. It’s just horrendous. regardless of how soon you arrive, you'll never get close the center without paying extra.
Waiting. that's just a mess. WOC works because of multiple line up and it's segmented well.

Improvements:
reduce the reserve dining area. There is no point having a sold out concert with the center empty. woc has a smaller reserved area. F! the reserved area is so big. it covers the entire front screen.
put up more signs. it was confusing where to go. how to line up.

Final thoughts:
putting F! FP kinda questions a lot of things about Disney of how money grubbing corperate is. At least for WOC, there is option to get up close and center. there is no way to do this now in Disneyland. i mean imagine a teenager wanting to watch fantasmic. before you can just get there early but now you have a to pay? imagine if youre a first timer, "i want to watch fantasmic" do you have a fast pass? no. sorry all gone. so sad.

This also questions how Disney treats AP. it doesn't cater at all to the afternoon/after work AP people. almost questions if i should even renew my AP now.

also if you ever take a look at the center seats in front of the rivers of america, you'll notice how empty it is. i remember a long time ago i asked a CM where the best seat is to watch fantasmic is. dead center next to rivers of america. that's all gone.

maybe it'll improve. tell me what you guys think

The center viewing area (BB) was full when we went to the first show on Sunday 12/14. I'm not surprised it's more empty for the second show, but they cannot really reduce the size for the first show without reducing the number of packages offered. The 2nd show just isn't' as popular.

So I have a reservation for RBT on 2/17/15 at 6:20 pm. Called to see if there were any later reservations but told no. Asked if people were allowed to stay in their seats for Fantasmic, but told no, River Belle packages are standing only. I thought most dinning packages are seated? Any confirmation? What's the point of a reservation? I believe F is on at 7:45 that day...

So I have a reservation for RBT on 2/17/15 at 6:20 pm. Called to see if there were any later reservations but told no. Asked if people were allowed to stay in their seats for Fantasmic, but told no, River Belle packages are standing only. I thought most dinning packages are seated? Any confirmation? What's the point of a reservation? I believe F is on at 7:45 that day...
Only the Blue Bayou dining package is guaranteed to be in an area where everyone is asked to be seated (although, guests in the very back of the area are allowed to stand from what I've read). From everything that I've read, there may be some ground sitting in the other areas, but they are considered stand room only. So I would plan on standing just to be safe. The point of the dining packages is to guarantee that you'll be able to see F!. You could also try and get a FP and that would be similar, but from what I can tell, the three different dining package areas (RBT, BB, and Dessert Party) are less crowded than the FP areas.

Does someone have information about the entertainment happening with the Dessert Party at Hungry Bear? I saw a post where live music was mentioned, but I am wondering what to expect.

As Figment_jii said, only the Blue Bayou dining package includes a sitting area, but it is sitting on the ground on a cushion included with the dining package.

If you are asking about getting a later reservation at RBT so you can remain at your table in the restaurant during the show, the view from the restaurant is not the best because the view from almost all of the tables is obstructed by trees.

We just did the Riverbell dinning package, dec 29th first showing, and it was just to the right of the blue bayou sitting area and was also sitting only. Unless you went in the very back. CMs walked around the Blue Bayou and our area stating we were in a sitting area only.

We just did the Riverbell dinning package, dec 29th first showing, and it was just to the right of the blue bayou sitting area and was also sitting only. Unless you went in the very back. CMs walked around the Blue Bayou and our area stating we were in a sitting area only.

Did you like the view alright? Worth the money? How early did you arrive? Were there any "bad" seats in the reserved area?

Thanks!

Anyone have experience with the Dessert package lately? Where was the section and was it standing only or sitting?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter