• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Who on this board has the most points?

Originally posted by Richyams
Rumor has it that Doc has near the limit allowed by our contracts.

My parents are the owners of ours, so I am not familar with the contract. I am just glad they let me use theirs.

How many is the limit and why is there a limit?

I know someone did include the maximum # of pts allowed, both in total and at any one resort.

I think the reason why they put constaints on the max is to inhabit corporations from buying up large numbers thereby changing the complexion of DVC into a "business" rather than a "family" vacation resort.

250 BWV pts. (3 contracts)
125 BCV pts. (1 contract)

Total - 375

I'd love to have more points, but the prospect of more dues has kept my checkbook closed. (So far, anyway. ;) )

By the way, icy-dog, I think when Laurajean said "Not me" she was answering the OP's original question of "Who on this board has the most points." I had to stop to think about it too. :D

I just bought a third BWV contract, bringing us up to 1660 points:

630 OKW
680 BWV
350 VB

We started with 400 way back in 1992.

Hadrian Katz
katzha@monad.org

Originally posted by katzha
I just bought a third BWV contract, bringing us up to 1660 points:

630 OKW
680 BWV
350 VB

We started with 400 way back in 1992.

Hadrian Katz
katzha@monad.org

Well you beat us! You are the champ!We only have 1252 (LOL)

I wish I had bought at Vero when it first opened. We just bought 150 last month so we could get a BC in the spring. We go to Vero every year and have had no trouble booking at 7 months, until now. We have to factor in vacations with grandkids when school is out and since we don't get passes anymore Disney World for a family is very very expensive. So we need more Vero pts.

Checking in with 330 points

230 at BWV
100 at VB

and always looking to buy more. . .can't get enough of Disney!

I can't beat the top person, but can gladly say that I am an owner. We own 150 pts@ BWV and 174 pts@ HH. BWV was our original purchase, we then added on 100 pts @ HH, then just recently added on another 74 pts. I had a choice of going with the 74 pt contract or a 61 pt. Now, I am not stupid, so talked dh into getting the 74 pts. We originally called about getting a 50 pt add-on and ended up with 74 pts. A couple of month later, the whole BWV sales started again and regretted the HH deal, wish I knew what was going to happen, but have since gotten over my regrets and am busy planning vacations... I would love more pts, but in my current situation, I will be holding off and thankful that I can afford what I have now. The add-on bug sure does hit you, but reality can hit a little harder;)

Okay, what is the max # of points allowed? I know 2000 is one of the #'s, but is that the max total points or max # of points at any one resort?

We have relatively few points....162 at BWV and 38 at VWL for an even 200 total. I'd really like to double that...or maybe go up to about 500.

But our dues are a painless $66 a month.....so there are advantages to not having too many points. Thing is, we're averaging $300-$1000 a year in cash reservations as well....so another add on might actually be a more sesible thing to do. After we get ouselves a house, that is.

I think the maximum is 2000 points at any resort, and 5000 maximum points total per person. A married couple could conceivably have 10,000 points between them, provided each contract is only in one of their names. If they own the points jointly, then they are considered 1 person & would face the 5000 point limit.

We're checking in with 1075 all at OKW.

Originally posted by wdw1972
I think the maximum is 2000 points at any resort, and 5000 maximum points total per person. A married couple could conceivably have 10,000 points between them, provided each contract is only in one of their names. If they own the points jointly, then they are considered 1 person & would face the 5000 point limit.
That's exactly correct. Only my wife appears as owner of our points and only her name will appear on add-ons up to the 2000 point limit for one resort. Then only my name will appear as owner for those points we add-on over her 2000 points.

I'm still looking for a couple of 200 point resales at OKW but I'm having a hard time with current pricing. Our average price paid per point is less than $55.00, we're old timers like some other posters on this thread.

Originally posted by DBBN
We're checking in with 1075 all at OKW.

Originally posted by wdw1972

That's exactly correct. Only my wife appears as owner of our points and only her name will appear on add-ons up to the 2000 point limit for one resort. Then only my name will appear as owner for those points we add-on over her 2000 points.

I'm still looking for a couple of 200 point resales at OKW but I'm having a hard time with current pricing. Our average price paid per point is less than $55.00, we're old timers like some other posters on this thread.

What do you do with all your OKW points? Do you rent them??

In 2001 we bought 250 points. We eventually wanted to add points and then split them between the children but discovered that we could not add paints and then split to have two 150 minimum properties. To solve the problem we purchased another 250 points in 2002. Now each child will get 250 points.

Originally posted by icy-dog

What do you do with all your OKW points? Do you rent them??

We've been owners since January 1995 and have always used all of our points until this year. We've rented a few times and we'll continue to rent some of our points until 2006 or 2007 when we'll be retired and using all of the points we have for extended stays in a one-bedroom at OKW. Our goal is a stay from mid November through early March.

230 OKW - Resale at $58 / pt. - 2 years ago....

then 150 OKW - Resale at $65 / pt - December 2002 (jumped on because points starting to go up)

and then couldn't stand it and got
160 BCV - $74 w/MB (We got married at Y&BC, so it reminds me of a happy day ;)

Having said that, every time I add on, I've been laid off !!! FYI - I'm a computer consultant in Chicagoland area, and need a job if you know of one ;)

So I have to proceed cautiously if I ever get another contract, and plan for the unemployment, as well as the purchase. LOL.

I'm far from the leader with 565 points, but I bet I'm one of the not so many that own at all 6 DVC resorts!
OKW: 180
BCV: 100
VWL: 100
HH: 75
BWV: 60
VB: 50

We bought 150 at BWV in 1996. Then 150 at VB in 1997.
Added 100 at BWV in 2000. Just did another 100 add on at BWV 2 weeks ago. We are finished for now!! I don't think I can talk my DH into purchasing any more at this point in time.

Total of 150 at VB and 350 at BWV.

"Updated list" of top 18 DVC posters with most points... that has revealed them.

1A.Debbie H-"2000 pts"
1.Katzha-1660
2.Icy Dog- 1252
3.Poorman-1220
4.BEIRMUGG-1200
5.wdw1972-1150
6.PKK/MJK- 1110
7.Mastre Gracey-1100
8.DBBN-1075
9.Jetman-910
10.Terry S- 900
11.Laurabearz-870
12.Candace-835
13.Edith-825
14.mrsdon-770
15.CRobin-750
16.ralphd-706
17.WDWguru-700
18.Magic Cruiser-700

Guess I'll check in. I have 400 OKW, 180 BWV, 165 HH, and 90 VB, for a total of 835. I would love more for wintering at OKW, but the dues are beginning to pinch!

I still consider myself a newbie. We bought 170 points at BWV through resale in February 2001.

Then we just bought a 100 point add-on at BWV for a total of 270.

Because of dues, I don't think we could afford much more points.

I hope that's enough to get by for a family of 4.

So far we've only stayed at GF and Contemporary with points and this year will be our first time 'home'!! Looking forward to it very much!

I'd like to try BC next year and WLV the year after that, hopefully!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter