• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

who is going to WDW pregnant? tips,advice, excitement!

OMG, I just tested this morning and after being told I am in premature ovarian failure, I GOT A BFP!!!!! :) I am so excited! We leave in 6 weeks so I'll only be 10 weeks or so. Going with my parents and they are super overprotective. Not sure how that is going to play out, BUT I am truly going to enjoy this pregnancy because it will probably be my last. Thank you for all the vibes! Just crossing my fingers and praying this baby sticks!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!

I forgot to add something important and just realized how my post sounds. I am not infirm; I realize walking at 4 months is no biggie, but I have a lot of abdominal pain from a replacement on part of my abdominal wall when I had my son (4 and a half inch strangulated hernia from infection) and a polyp on my cervix that causes me to bleed, all the time, esp. when walking a lot. So mom suggested for my peace of mind and for the pain problem that we do get a power chair for some of the time, because if I am bleeding the whole time I will be too worried to have fun. But I am worried about how people will look at me and my mom; I am afraid they will think I am just a fat girl too lazy to walk and I have seen people post a lot of things that indicate so on other threads (people in chairs looked totally healthy, etc, and are just abusing the system). I don't look pregnant enough to notice while sitting down yet. But I don't want to ruin my trip with bleeding and pain! :sad2:

I forgot to add something important and just realized how my post sounds. I am not infirm; I realize walking at 4 months is no biggie, but I have a lot of abdominal pain from a replacement on part of my abdominal wall when I had my son (4 and a half inch strangulated hernia from infection) and a polyp on my cervix that causes me to bleed, all the time, esp. when walking a lot. So mom suggested for my peace of mind and for the pain problem that we do get a power chair for some of the time, because if I am bleeding the whole time I will be too worried to have fun. But I am worried about how people will look at me and my mom; I am afraid they will think I am just a fat girl too lazy to walk and I have seen people post a lot of things that indicate so on other threads (people in chairs looked totally healthy, etc, and are just abusing the system). I don't look pregnant enough to notice while sitting down yet. But I don't want to ruin my trip with bleeding and pain! :sad2:

Don't worry about what others think! Go have fun but be healthy about it and if that means a chair so be it.

Just got back from a week at WDW and I just turned 15 weeks today. I found that I walked a little slower than normal, but overall did good. The best park of the day was when I was able to get back to our room and take off my shoes or going to soak them in the pool. I did ride the safari at AK and my luck got the back row. It was a rough ride. I probably shouldn't have ridden it, but I never remembered it being that bumpy. That was the most "exciting" ride I did.

I have been lurking, not sure if I was going to post. I am currently 9 weeks with #3 but had a MC in Jan. Now I am completely paranoid. I go for my first ultrasound tomorrow to see if the pregnancy is viable and confirm dates.

But if everything sticks I will be about 20/21 weeks when we go in January. We just booked and thought it is something to look forward to if things don't go well and if we are all good it will be cooler and hopefully less crowded.

I went at 27 weeks in Oct 07 and found that lines and heat were quickly tiring.

All these tips are great - and can't wait to hear how everyones trips go!:thumbsup2

Just got back from first U/S and baby # 3 looks great. Moving around and strong heart beat.

So looks like I will be going to disney 20 weeks preggers with DD5 and DD2 (almost 3). Looking forward to hearing all your advice on how to not get exhausted!

I'm leaving this Thursday (10/21) for a week. :cool1: I'm about 26 wks with #3. I plan on taking lots of breaks, wearing comfortable shoes (even flats to our nice dinners) and napping in the afternoon. I'll try to check back in after the trip to tell how it went!

hey guys... I've been home for a week and a half now and I'm finally getting around to giving my disney pregnancy trip a review!

I was 23 weeks when we were there... we were, on average, spending about 5 hours in the parks a day.. we would get to the parks around 9 or 10 in the morning then leave usually around 3 or so .. mainly because we had a lot of dinners at nice restaurants around 6 pm so that way we had time to get back to our rental home to wash up and change for dinner.

I found hollywood studios to be the best park for a pregnant woman. There are a lot of attractions at this park that are sit down things like movies or shows in air condition and they last a long time... plus it's a smaller park so you don't have to walk around so much. I felt great when we left the park in the afternoon and wasn't tired at all.

The WORST park is epcot.. it's so big and especially at world showcase (where we spent a lot of time for food and wine) there is hardly any place to sit (benches etc) and there are not that many attractions so you are on your feet walking around.. plus there isn't much shade either. We did epcot twice and I got back aches... one day I did sit on my dad's EVC just to take a break while he was shopping, but other than that I walked the rest of the time.

The next easiest park was magic kingdom with animal kingdom coming in third cause there is a lot of walking and that park tends to be the hottest.

Definitely keep hydrated and walk slower than usual unless you are going to rent an EVC to ride on. With being pregnant you can't ride the thrill rides so that makes it easy to go slow anyway because most of the other attractions don't have lines that are TOO long... we did a ton of attractions in our 5 hours we were there. Did we see everything? No.. but that's ok! Take this time to do things you maybe have never done before and really relax and look for the little details in disneyworld.

I had a great time and really did not miss the thrill rides very much at all (since I've done them all multiple times already).. I would definitely go back to disneyworld while pregnant.. just take your time and sit down when you need to and don't forget to drink a lot of water!

have fun everyone!

I'm almost 26 weeks now and it turns out I have placenta previa.. which I'm kinda disappointed about... looks like I'll have to have a C section but whatever.. I guess a healthy baby and healthy mama is what's most important right?

hey guys... I've been home for a week and a half now and I'm finally getting around to giving my disney pregnancy trip a review!

I was 23 weeks when we were there... we were, on average, spending about 5 hours in the parks a day.. we would get to the parks around 9 or 10 in the morning then leave usually around 3 or so .. mainly because we had a lot of dinners at nice restaurants around 6 pm so that way we had time to get back to our rental home to wash up and change for dinner.

I found hollywood studios to be the best park for a pregnant woman. There are a lot of attractions at this park that are sit down things like movies or shows in air condition and they last a long time... plus it's a smaller park so you don't have to walk around so much. I felt great when we left the park in the afternoon and wasn't tired at all.

The WORST park is epcot.. it's so big and especially at world showcase (where we spent a lot of time for food and wine) there is hardly any place to sit (benches etc) and there are not that many attractions so you are on your feet walking around.. plus there isn't much shade either. We did epcot twice and I got back aches... one day I did sit on my dad's EVC just to take a break while he was shopping, but other than that I walked the rest of the time.

The next easiest park was magic kingdom with animal kingdom coming in third cause there is a lot of walking and that park tends to be the hottest.

Definitely keep hydrated and walk slower than usual unless you are going to rent an EVC to ride on. With being pregnant you can't ride the thrill rides so that makes it easy to go slow anyway because most of the other attractions don't have lines that are TOO long... we did a ton of attractions in our 5 hours we were there. Did we see everything? No.. but that's ok! Take this time to do things you maybe have never done before and really relax and look for the little details in disneyworld.

I had a great time and really did not miss the thrill rides very much at all (since I've done them all multiple times already).. I would definitely go back to disneyworld while pregnant.. just take your time and sit down when you need to and don't forget to drink a lot of water!

have fun everyone!

I'm almost 26 weeks now and it turns out I have placenta previa.. which I'm kinda disappointed about... looks like I'll have to have a C section but whatever.. I guess a healthy baby and healthy mama is what's most important right?

Luna, you are right; you are healthy and that's terrific. I am glad you had fun.

We leave on Sunday; I can't believe the wait has flown by. Can't wait to have a break from my 50 hours plus work week! I do get to grade freshman comp papers in the hotel, but hey, I can handle that if I won't be on my feet lecturing and hosting workshops for hours a day.

I was hoping my nausea would abate by our trip, but that is not the case. 14 weeks and sick as heck! Any tips for quelling this monster enough so I can have fun? Tips that don't involve ginger or saltines? The flavors are too strong right now.

Thanks all!

I have been lurking, not sure if I was going to post. I am currently 9 weeks with #3 but had a MC in Jan. Now I am completely paranoid. I go for my first ultrasound tomorrow to see if the pregnancy is viable and confirm dates.

But if everything sticks I will be about 20/21 weeks when we go in January. We just booked and thought it is something to look forward to if things don't go well and if we are all good it will be cooler and hopefully less crowded.

I went at 27 weeks in Oct 07 and found that lines and heat were quickly tiring.

All these tips are great - and can't wait to hear how everyones trips go!:thumbsup2

I know what you mean, MK Fam. We lost a baby girl in a previous pregnancy and there is no point at which I really feel safe now. Sending good energy.

:grouphug:

Hello lovely pregnant ladies! I'm definitely not pregnant, but wanted to wish any of you heading to WDW while growing a little one the best - I was 30ish weeks with my 2nd when we went almost 2 years ago and it was GREAT! Granted, it was December and the weather was awesome, but I loved it - my belly got fun attention from characters, I had a wonderful excuse to never push the stroller or carry anything, and I just felt so joyous. I haven't read through the whole thread, but my tips would be...

- sit as OFTEN as you CAN. Seriously. I sat on sidewalks or wherever if we had to wait more than a minute. It kept me off my feet as much as I could and I honestly NEVER got crazy tired (actually LESS tired the whole trip than a normal WDW trip)

- drink lots of water - we ordered it from Costco to make sure we had enough, but you know you need it so just drink up... and the bathroom visits aren't that bad (plus my constant need to visit helped my recently potty trained toddler ;))

- wear a belly support belt - no one sees it and it's totally worth it - don't make your back carry the weight and then get tired. I'm not kidding, I did NOT get worn out on our trip! (and we also never went back to our resort for naps!)

- DON'T push a stroller, carry a bag, or carry your other kids - don't exert your body any more than you have to... that's your husband's job! ;) Save your energy for all the walking you're doing.

- Relax, take it slow, have pictures taken of you, and have fun!!

- And then sit again somewhere. If there's a ride your family can do but it's not advisable for you, take that time to sit and people watch, rub your belly, close your eyes if you want, pray, read a book, whatever... you're in a magical place, you might as well soak it in!

I miss being pregnant! I hope your trips are a wonderful time spent with your families (as big or as small as they are), enjoying each other and preparing to enjoy a new little one. :)

HI everyone ---

I just got back from my quick trip last week and wanted to pass along my tips. I was 23 weeks along during the trip.

I wore sneakers everywhere, and I think it really helped. We went to Downtown Disney our last evening, and I just wore flip-flops. My feet were killing me after 30 minutes.

I found MK to be the most tiring park. We were there from open to about 2pm, went back to WL to rest and for dinner, and then went back to MK around 8:30 so I could see the fireworks. After fireworks, my DH really wanted to ride Big Thunder Mountain RR, so we walked over there. I thought I was going to pass out on a bench waiting for him --- I was just so tired. I also advise skipping Tom Sawyers Island, SOOO much extra walking, although I did find an empty rocking chair in the shade.

DHS was probably the easist park, but it was also our first day there. So many shows, so your are in the shade and have a seat.

At Epcot, we only did Soarin', Imagination, and the Seas before I needed a break. Everything is huge there. We rode Soarin' twice with Fastpasses, and I really liked it. We went back in the evening for the Food and Wine Festival, and had a nice time (other than the walking!). Mexico had a frozen non-alcoholic drink, and Germany had a non-alcoholic beer. By the time we got to France, I was stuffed, and the WS was getting crowded for Illuminations, so my DH and I headed back to the WL.

AK is my favorite park, and I thought it was fairly managable. I rode both Kali River Rapids and the Safari without problem. I seriously don't know why there is a warning on the Safari -- I really isn't worse than the roads here in western PA. Besides, you can take a baby on the ride and there are no seatbelts --- I just don't think it is at all dangerous or harmful in any way. I love Kali River Rapids, and it was so refreshing on a hot day. I might not ride it if I was 8 months pregnant, but I felt completely safe the entire time.

My DH and I took a break every afternoon to nap or swim at WL. We both have desk jobs, so I think we would have done this every if I wasn't pregnant! I wish I knew how many miles I walked on out 4 night trip.

My ankles did swell up on our flight back home, but they are back to normal now. They were just a little puffy during the trip, but I think the plance ride home did them in. I'm so happy my cankles disappeared :rotfl:

Did either of you ladies have a small sip or two of wine? I won't be drinking a whole glass or anything, but I have the doctor's blessing for a little taste or two.

Not meant to start a discussion of whether anyone agrees with this...I trust my dr. and did this occasionally with my son who is two and a freakin little genius...Just wanted to know if anyone else did/might consider. :)

I went last year. I was roughly 4 months pregnant with #2. It actually worked out really well. WE took DD (2 at the time) and I would push her in the stroller to get her to nap, and the rest of our party went on the rides that I couldn't. Ie, space mountain, soarin', etc. I did go on all the rides that DD could go on, Dumbo, POC, and so on. My best advice is to get a note from your OB stating that you are PG and when you are due. Bring it to guest services and get a note to bascially cut every line. It worked wonderfully with an impatient 2 year old.

Stay hydrated and if your feet start to swell, sit down. I didn't overdue it. I ate when I was hungry and tried to drink all that I could.

Have a great trip!

Did either of you ladies have a small sip or two of wine? I won't be drinking a whole glass or anything, but I have the doctor's blessing for a little taste or two.

I had a sip or two of beer, not wine, in addition to my 6 ounce non-alcoholic beer at the Germany booth. I think my husband tried 3 beers, and I had a sip of each. Weirdly enough, I liked my non-alcoholic the best :laughing:

I don't typically enjoy non-alcoholic beers, but if it was a German one, it might be a cut above the typical American choices. What was it called? I would like to try it! I love beer and miss it. :love:

Quote from 2girls4me:My best advice is to get a note from your OB stating that you are PG and when you are due. Bring it to guest services and get a note to bascially cut every line. It worked wonderfully with an impatient 2 year old.

Sounds like you had a great trip! I wasn't sure what you meant by a note from OB. Do they do something special if you are pregnant? How did you use the guest services note?

And thanks bonnaroomama - I find it hard not to worry, but getting better each day!

Quote from 2girls4me:My best advice is to get a note from your OB stating that you are PG and when you are due. Bring it to guest services and get a note to bascially cut every line. It worked wonderfully with an impatient 2 year old.

Sounds like you had a great trip! I wasn't sure what you meant by a note from OB. Do they do something special if you are pregnant? How did you use the guest services note?

And thanks bonnaroomama - I find it hard not to worry, but getting better each day!

Yes. We basically got a FP for every ride. I got a note from my OB, basically stating I was Pg and due on 4-6 and I was under his care. We took it to GS and got the pass. Best thing ever.

I'm joining you ladies!!!!! :goodvibes

We just found out I'm pregnant and we're leaving in 3 weeks!!! :scared1:there goes my wine tasting in the F&W festival :rotfl:

I'm super excited to be adding to our family, but I'm also very nervous as to what to expect in our trip. I'll be 8 weeks, and I've known to get very sick around 7 weeks. I don't wanna tour the parks with a bag in hand for "accidents" any advice would be great!!!

I know is fery early in the pregnancy, but did anybody felt unconfortable in the parks?? Thanks in advance!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter