who is going to WDW pregnant? tips,advice, excitement!

Hey Fellow Preggos,
We just found out that I am pregnant! :banana: When we go I will be about 10 weeks pregnant. I am sooo scared I am going to have morning sickness when we go for free dining. So far, so good but who knows? :confused3 Any advice for what to do while hubby waits to ride the big rides?

Congrats!! :banana:

I personally would take the time to sit down and rest while he is riding. Grab a snack and put your feet up. Hopefully you will not have morning sickness or be past it at that point, but you never know. :goodvibes

Go to the main DISboards page and scroll down almost to bottom...you will find the "Creative DISigns" board. See the 5th post..."Meet the DISigners". Lots of great info here and the common designers have their pages posted.

Hope that helps!! It was a lot of fun to make my own special shirts!
(By the way, you will have to make your own iron-on transfers from the art on the forum...)

thanks for the tip! We'll be on our trip when I'll be about 12 weeks pg. We're looking for a fun way to announce to people. This just might be the ticket.

Last time we went to Disney I was 28-29 weeks pg. I'm glad I wasn't any further along. I got tired easily and it was hot, but with plenty of water and one of those fan/squirt bottle things, I did just fine. I really didn't feel like I missed out on having a good time because I couldn't ride ToT, Splash Mountain, and the like. I wore tennis shoes (so unfashionable) the entire time and that's my plan again. Comfort is more important. We had a 15 month old at that time too so when dh and the big kids went on the big rides, she and I either hung out so she could nap in the stroller or ride Cinderella's carousel. We timed it well one day with the crowds so we could ride, hop off, get back in line and still make it back on a horse. She loved it and we went 7 times in a row. She had the biggest smile each and every ride. She was disappointed when dh came and took us to a different area of the park!

For the original poster: think about wearing support hose on the plane ride. That will help to keep the fluid out of your legs during that part of the trip. It would be ideal to wear them during the day, but since it sounds like you'll be there in August, then it will be too warm. Elevate them throughout the day as well.

Hi all!! We're back!!!

We had a wonderful 8 days in Disney, complete with 98 degree temps and 90% humidity---I am SO not kidding---record highs! At 32/33 weeks pregnant, it was a very sweaty vacation, and I normally never sweat!!!

Here was what we did: we took a lot of breaks!!! I strolled through a lot of the shops, and we really did not spend much time at Animal Kingdom---it is so large and cool places are very few and far between at that park. We tried getting up early, but we really could not because we stayed out late after the sun went down every day. We swam in the afternoons, had dinner and then went to the parks late. We did several early mornings, but not every day!

I also purchased fit flops for my feet when I was down there---and they are the most comfortable shoes for a largely pregnant woman in the heat---I would have positively died if I had to wear tennis shoes! My crocs flip flops which are my usual Disney shoe, were not great because I have a small bit of sciatica, so the fit flops were perfect (I got the Mickey black patent leather ones). I know they are available online if you want a wider array of choices, but I am happy to wear the Mickey ones!!!

We used the misting fans NONSTOP...they are perfect!!! Also, we got a lot of smoothies, especially the Strawberry Smoothie on Main Street in the bakery---perfection! My kids were great about leaving when I got too tired, my DH carried all of the bags and we only ate inside, where there was A/C, even if we had to wait a bit-----trick is to eat earlier than normal--11:30 for lunch for quick service. By 12, the quick service spots were crammed! We also had our ADR's all set so we would have a cool spot for table service. It was a welcome respite!

I cannot think of any other tips, although I did refresh my recollection of the baby centers on property to get ready for our January trip when the little guy joins us on our Annual Trek!!!

We had a wonderful family time. My DH did say however, that he will never complain about going to Disney in January again---July heat can be a killer!!!:rotfl:

Congratulations all!

I am HOPING to be pregnant for this trip. We shall see! I was pregnant twice on WDW trips and had little problem and enjoyed having my "belly baby" with me at the most magical place. I even took a picture with Mickey and my belly both times for the kids when they got older.

Anyway, I was planning to have a infant now but things came up and we put baby business on the back burner. Though I was pregnant last month (10 days late) but wasn't. :sad1: That was depressing. So, maybe this month and then I will be just about 6 weeks along. If so, will be 6 months on our next trip which is what I was the last 2 times.

Keep fingers crossed!:cheer2:

Hi all!! We're back!!!

We had a wonderful 8 days in Disney, complete with 98 degree temps and 90% humidity---I am SO not kidding---record highs! At 32/33 weeks pregnant, it was a very sweaty vacation, and I normally never sweat!!!

Here was what we did: we took a lot of breaks!!! I strolled through a lot of the shops, and we really did not spend much time at Animal Kingdom---it is so large and cool places are very few and far between at that park. We tried getting up early, but we really could not because we stayed out late after the sun went down every day. We swam in the afternoons, had dinner and then went to the parks late. We did several early mornings, but not every day!

I also purchased fit flops for my feet when I was down there---and they are the most comfortable shoes for a largely pregnant woman in the heat---I would have positively died if I had to wear tennis shoes! My crocs flip flops which are my usual Disney shoe, were not great because I have a small bit of sciatica, so the fit flops were perfect (I got the Mickey black patent leather ones). I know they are available online if you want a wider array of choices, but I am happy to wear the Mickey ones!!!

We used the misting fans NONSTOP...they are perfect!!! Also, we got a lot of smoothies, especially the Strawberry Smoothie on Main Street in the bakery---perfection! My kids were great about leaving when I got too tired, my DH carried all of the bags and we only ate inside, where there was A/C, even if we had to wait a bit-----trick is to eat earlier than normal--11:30 for lunch for quick service. By 12, the quick service spots were crammed! We also had our ADR's all set so we would have a cool spot for table service. It was a welcome respite!

I cannot think of any other tips, although I did refresh my recollection of the baby centers on property to get ready for our January trip when the little guy joins us on our Annual Trek!!!

We had a wonderful family time. My DH did say however, that he will never complain about going to Disney in January again---July heat can be a killer!!!:rotfl:

Thanks so much for the update! We leave in 24 days and I'll be 22 weeks. I have been worried about the heat and humidity, but we plan to do exactly what you did - take lots of breaks and go back and swim in the afternoons if I get too hot or tired. I'm going to look into the fitflops too. I usually wear tennis shoes for long walking, but I may try these or possibly alternate throughout the day.

I'll be 33 weeks pregnant when we go to WDW in November! I was a bit worried about going so far along in my pregnancy, but I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow and still haven't started to really show yet, so hopefully I won't be all that big yet.

This will be me and my husband's first baby! We're so excited. :goodvibes We'll hopefully find out what the gender is this Thursday. We'll also get the 3D ultrasound done to make sure if it is a boy or girl. I'm looking forward to shopping for lots of baby stuff at WDW! I plan on decorating the baby's room with Disney decor, of course. If it's a girl, I'll do Alice in Wonderland theme. If it's a boy, it'll be Pirates of the Caribbean.

It's great reading all the tips! I'm gonna try to take it easy while there, but that may be a little hard for me since I like to go go go!

My friend wants to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Would that be a good idea? I'm not so sure it will since it's like a 5 hour tour and I'm sure you don't get to sit down.

Also, I need new tennis shoes, but what if my feet spread before then and I can't fit in the shoes. Should I wait like a month before to buy new shoes for the trip? :confused:

We finally decided on a name, we found out it's a boy! One of the criteria was to imagine how it would look stitched on the back of a set of Mickey ears:goodvibes

That's the biggest thing I'm looking forward to on our WDW trip in November! I want to buy two Mickey ears- one for the first name and middle name. Im hoping it'll be a girl :flower3:

I will be 23-24 weeks pregnant when we go in December and I am pretty nervous. I have AWFUL morning sickness that usually lasts until the 8th month. Last pregnancy I weighed 40 pounds less the day I delivered than the day I got pregnant!

I thought about canceling the trip, but everyone is so excited and we are supposed to renew our vows at a small chapel, but I am pretty nervous. I keep hoping this pregnancy will be easier.

Congrats to all the mommies to be!

I am sooooooooooooooooo jealous that you are going to the food and wine festival! Lucky you! This one is going to be amazing with the 15 year anniversary! You will have a great time and the little one in your belly will be loving it lol.

I'm so excited about being pregnant during food and wine, except i've noticed lately that my appetite is a getting smaller! I don't know if it's because the baby is getting bigger and there is less room but it doesn't take much food to fill me up anymore! I guess I'll just have to graze all day long! ;)

Everything had been going really well until 2 days ago when my doctor put me on bed rest for 10 days.

Sounds like you really should get a wheelchair or EVC thingie. Don't feel funny about it.. your dr put you on bedrest so I think you're entitled! have fun and I hope you still get to go on your trip!

Hey Fellow Preggos,
We just found out that I am pregnant! :banana: When we go I will be about 10 weeks pregnant. I am sooo scared I am going to have morning sickness when we go for free dining. So far, so good but who knows? :confused3 Any advice for what to do while hubby waits to ride the big rides?

congrats!! I hope you don't have morning sickness! I have to say though I'm super happy I'm going to be in the second trimester during our trip.. I feel way better than I did in the first trimester! good luck!

Hi all!! We're back!!!
welcome back! you gave some great tips .. sorry it was so hot! I'm hot normally and being pregnant I have REALLY become super hot all the time so maybe I should get a little fan/water thingie even though I'll be there in October. lol... glad you had a great time!

Congratulations all!

I am HOPING to be pregnant for this trip.

good luck! I hope you get pregnant!

Thanks so much for the update! We leave in 24 days and I'll be 22 weeks.

Oh, please update us when you get back! I'll be 23 weeks when we go in about 35 days so we're going to be right at about the same spot in our pregnancies. I hope you have a great time!

This will be me and my husband's first baby! We're so excited. :goodvibes We'll hopefully find out what the gender is this Thursday.

oh wow, congrats! this is our first baby as well and we find out the sex on September 13th! can't wait! when you find out what you are having let us know!

I will be 23-24 weeks pregnant when we go in December and I am pretty nervous. I have AWFUL morning sickness that usually lasts until the 8th month. Last pregnancy I weighed 40 pounds less the day I delivered than the day I got pregnant!

I thought about canceling the trip, but everyone is so excited and we are supposed to renew our vows at a small chapel, but I am pretty nervous. I keep hoping this pregnancy will be easier.

Congrats to all the mommies to be!

oh my goodness.. I hope you feel better during this pregnancy... and congrats on renewing your vows! that's so awesome!

good luck! I hope you get pregnant!

Thanks! It looks like I am pregnant! Just took the test today so will call the doctor monday for sure. I think I will be about 6 weeks along since we go in 12 days! Double celebration!

Hello:wave2:

We will be 15 wks and 5 days when we arrive for our 2 week vacation

I really hope morning sickness will be all gone by then it is much better now we will be making the most of the pools and looking forwarding to seeing the shows and looking for hidden mickeys :D

I am a little disappointed I cant ride forbidden Journey but it is a reason to return :banana:

thanks for every ones tips and advice enjoyed reading this thread had to subscribe so I can find it easily :cutie:

My friend wants to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Would that be a good idea? I'm not so sure it will since it's like a 5 hour tour and I'm sure you don't get to sit down.

DEFINITELY skip KTTK. It is an amazing tour, but we took it in December when the weather was cool and I wasn't pregnant, and my feet were absolutely aching by the end! It's definitely not equipped for pregnant ladies, especially not at 33 weeks. Besides lunch and rides, there were only 2 breaks where we were able to sit. It is long periods of walking/standing. You could possibly rent an ECV to help you be able to do the tour if you really have your heart set on doing the tour.

I went at 29 weeks, and even though I wasn't big, the heat and extra weight really took a toll on me. We spent a lot more time sitting on benches taking breaks than we ever have on any other trip. It was a quick weekend trip that we hadn't expected, so this wasn't a big deal to us because we had JUST gone on what was supposed to be a "last time before kids" trip where we did everything we wanted and then some. It was okay for a few days, but over a week or more, you will be worn out. Make sure you are not planning too much for yourself that has you running from one reservation to the next!

Hey Fellow Preggos,

I would go ahead and ask your OB for a prescription of Zofran and fill it and take it with you just in case.....hopefully by having it you won't need it :)

Well our trip is sneaking up on us fast now. We leave Saturday 9/11 and I will be almost 31 weeks. We went to the zoo this past weekend and I felt like I did okay and I did Disney at 31 weeks with my first pregnancy so I'm confident I will be just fine. And DD, who is almost 7, absolutely loves all the big rides so I will have lots of opportunities to sit back and relax on a nice bench while her and daddy ride the big stuff. I'm also going with the frame of mind that if I get too tired I can leave and go take a nap and they can stay in the park without me. I'm so stinking excited I can't stand it though. Now for the next 2 weeks to fly by!

i'm gonna be 32 weeks when we go in December. I am super excited about going.. i"ve been a trillion times and know as the Itinery Nazi...so taking it easy and scheduling in pool time doesn't seem so bad this one time...i'm ok with not going on the thrill rides and sitting and people watching while they go on...it will be a shame if i get tired and have to go back to the Treehouse and relax...hahaha...i would love to hear from all the 30 weekers or so on their experience Waddling the World...

Glad I found this thread! I will be 25 weeks when we go for 2 weeks at the end of October. I am hoping it to be cooling off some by then. Since we have a 3 yr old that still requires naps we are used to a mid day break and earlier evenings. Glad to know others have done it and survived.

i'm gonna be 32 weeks when we go in December. I am super excited about going.. i"ve been a trillion times and know as the Itinery Nazi...so taking it easy and scheduling in pool time doesn't seem so bad this one time...i'm ok with not going on the thrill rides and sitting and people watching while they go on...it will be a shame if i get tired and have to go back to the Treehouse and relax...hahaha...i would love to hear from all the 30 weekers or so on their experience Waddling the World...

I'll be there a few days before you are and will be 32/33 weeks! I'll try to post on here while I'm there and let you know how it is waddling around WDW!

I will be 15 weeks with #3 when we arrive next month. I can't wait to endulge in some Disney treats. I have been blessed with no morning sickness with this one. Really so far nothing has been too hard for me, but I know spending the day at the parks is much different then a day at home. I can't wait to go shopping either!

It was HOT but thankfully it was overcast a lot of the time. Nothing is worse than feeling like you are on the face of the sun!!! We had a great trip but it was at a much slower pace than we are used to--but with the heat, our 5yo was wiped out about the same time as I was, it worked out well. What did I like the least?? Walking up the ramp to the monorail at the TTC and the Magic Kingdom!!!! lol. Wow, they are a haul when the hip joints are a little sore.
I was constantly getting glasses of ice water in the parks--so much more refreshing than the bottled water we brought in. I had a book with me because I did sit and wait for my husband and son to do rides quite a bit--fine with me.
One good place I found to sit in EPCOT was the breezeway between Mouse Gears and The Electric Umbrella--long backed benches there, shade and a fabulous breeze.
Of course with all that ice water, I had to use the bathroom frequently. That was a pain but part of the process. Luckily bathrooms are not hard to find at any theme park--at Downtown Disney though, there aren't many and there were usually lines so you don't want to wait too long!
As I mentioned, my hip joints were really sore at one point--a relaxing trip to the pool and an easy day the next day helped a lot!!!!
Except one leisurely long day in EPCOT, we mostly did 1/2days in the parks. Honestly, it was so hot I don't think we'd have done it much differently had I not been pregnant. We have been there fairly often so did not feel like we were missing anything. Made great use of the resort pools, planned some nice meals and just enjoyed the atmosphere.

Glad I found this thread! I will be 25 weeks when we go for 2 weeks at the end of October. I am hoping it to be cooling off some by then. Since we have a 3 yr old that still requires naps we are used to a mid day break and earlier evenings. Glad to know others have done it and survived.

Last October was insanely HOT, I hope it's much better this year. Going at the end of August--which is not unusual for us, made me really want to plan the next trip for February, lol.
We mostly tried to get to the parks at opening--I had the most energy then, it was cooler and less crowded, I highly recommend that! My son is 5 and NOT a napper so by the end of the day, he was DONE. We still took those midday breaks for a swim/rest and it was helpful!
Have a great trip!! I'd love to go for 2wks sometime!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter