White tents/cabanas at Magic Kingdom?

Wow. I underestimated the demand these would have.

IF the rumor is true and a permanent option will be built up on the second level of the skybucket building - all with views of WISHES ..... SOLD OUT.

Structurally it can take the weight of an addition with no effort so ......
..... here is now, and what it was so you can visualize them lined up.
Probably fit 8 easily across that space.
Enter from rear, could be a CM space and very private area.
... have a "balcony" on outside with a view of park and Wishes. :thumbsup2

rebuilt-skyway-tl.jpg

skyway-tl.jpg

PHOTO CREDITS: http://wdwuntangled.com/what-is-that-place/

IF the rumor is true and a permanent option will be built up on the second level of the skybucket building - all with views of WISHES ..... SOLD OUT.

Structurally it can take the weight of an addition with no effort so ......
..... here is now, and what it was so you can visualize them lined up.
Probably fit 8 easily across that space.
Enter from rear, could be a CM space and very private area.
... have a "balcony" on outside with a view of park and Wishes. :thumbsup2

rebuilt-skyway-tl.jpg

skyway-tl.jpg

PHOTO CREDITS: http://wdwuntangled.com/what-is-that-place/

I don't remember that last picture. Is that what was before the 1st pic is now?

Yes, the first pic is what it currently looks like. The second is what it looked like around 2011ish.

OK I thought so. The first is obviously very familiar cause that's my favorite pee spot, but for some reason I couldn't remember the 2nd pic.

I don't remember that last picture. Is that what was before the 1st pic is now?

Yes. It was the Sky Bucket and that is after the Sky Bucket shut down but the building was still complete, minus the cables. The buckets went into that middle section. After time the took the top level off and I think cut it back in to main building removing the fountain.

skywaymk_tomorrowlandc1996ah.jpg

http://www.yesterland.com/skywaymk.html

The more I think about the cabanas, the more tacky I think it is. I'm not talking about a special private place which people can rent to relax and have some downtime(even though I personally wouldn't spend the money). It's more the thought of these individual tents basically within eyesight. Yeah, I know, it's not directly in the path of the Tomorrowland walkway, but it's close enough to disrupt the theming, at least in my eyes.

I would prefer to have had Disney erect a themed building with individual family areas to utilize for their breaks. Sort of a futuristic Concierge area, something that blends in better with the landscape. The cabanas remind me too much of a water park or beach and doesn't seem to belong in the MK.

Space is space of course, but they do seem to be in a dead area anyway.

View attachment 207155

I do not like these. For a company with a 4.6 billion dollar cash and cash equivalents balance at year end, just an odd move. Takes away from the look in that area. At least for me. It's the new WDW. Come for the rides, pay for the upcharges. Want a M&G with a rare character? That will be $49, we will throw in some popcorn and Mickey bars. Need a place to relax? That will be $650, we will throw in some hats and some Mickey bars. Want a better view of Fireworks? That will be $49-$69, you can have dinner or dessert with that. Want a faster way to get to Epcot? That will be $15, you are on your own for snacks, though....I won't be surprised if next year when we go there's a team of surrey bikes ready to ride me over to Adventureland for $10.

I do not like these. For a company with a 4.6 billion dollar cash and cash equivalents balance at year end, just an odd move. Takes away from the look in that area. At least for me. It's the new WDW. Come for the rides, pay for the upcharges. Want a M&G with a rare character? That will be $49, we will throw in some popcorn and Mickey bars. Need a place to relax? That will be $650, we will throw in some hats and some Mickey bars. Want a better view of Fireworks? That will be $49-$69, you can have dinner or dessert with that. Want a faster way to get to Epcot? That will be $15, you are on your own for snacks, though....I won't be surprised if next year when we go there's a team of surrey bikes ready to ride me over to Adventureland for $100.

Fixed it for you:)...

Is it safe to sit in a tent during a lightning storm?

It will be interesting to see if they keep these up when the super hot/stormy weather is back or what alternations they make

I saw these tents first hand this evening. As is, they are so far off the beaten path that you really have to go out of your way to see them. Of course, everyone is free to get upset about whatever they choose. For me, overpriced white tents that take literally nothing away from my enjoyment of the parks is a non-issue.

I saw these tents first hand this evening. As is, they are so far off the beaten path that you really have to go out of your way to see them. Of course, everyone is free to get upset about whatever they choose. For me, overpriced white tents that take literally nothing away from my enjoyment of the parks is a non-issue.

I guess this is my issue...

That area could have been utilized to build benches, make a nice resting area for all. It's off the path, away from the noise and crowds. Could have put in some extra water fountains and benches. It's a nice shady area. Instead, they take that area away from the population who paid for admission, and repackage it to resell that real estate at a premium with premium amenities. Why would it be wrong to add value for everyone that paid admission? It seems they are only wanting to add value to those who want to pay more for it. There's my issue. You want a quiet area to sit? That will be $650 kind sir....or theres a nice sidewalk curb on main street for you....

I guess this is my issue...

That area could have been utilized to build benches, make a nice resting area for all. It's off the path, away from the noise and crowds. Could have put in some extra water fountains and benches. It's a nice shady area. Instead, they take that area away from the population who paid for admission, and repackage it to resell that real estate at a premium with premium amenities. Why would it be wrong to add value for everyone that paid admission? It seems they are only wanting to add value to those who want to pay more for it. There's my issue. You want a quiet area to sit? That will be $650 kind sir....or theres a nice sidewalk curb on main street for you....
What if they built a high end table service restaurant in that location, would it be an issue for you still?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter