Which resort was your favorite with young children?

starryagain

Mouseketeer
I am curious what your favorite resort was when / if you had / have young children. Curious about all answers, but we will be staying at a DVC resort (we just bought earlier in the year at Boardwalk).

Next trip (May 2016) we will be bringing a 3.5 year old and a 7 month old. Last time we had a 2 year old and stayed at AKL - Jambo. My 2 year old (at the time) loved the pool and looking at the animals but we didn't love the remoteness from the theme park.

We are thinking a 1 bedroom at either Boardwalk or Beach Club, or maybe try a studio at the Polynesian. We are hoping for a great pool and easy access to at least a few of the theme parks.

Our favorite with a young child was definitely the Polynesian. We stayed there on our very first trip with our then 1 year old son. The theming and pool were quite magical for him (and us!) and we loved the convenience of the monorail. With the new splash play area, they've even added to the enchantment for smaller children. My DS (who is now 7) has stayed at every deluxe (except OKW and SSR) and we have enjoyed them all for various reasons. In fact, now that he is older we tend to stay at EP resorts as EP is his favorite park. But for little ones, when MK may be the focus, nothing beats the magic of Poly!

Yacht Club is our favorite. We stayed there when our kids were 2 and are back at YC this year with them.

I can't wait to stay at AK (I love animals and so do they), we're waiting until they're older so we can take advantage of some of the special animal stuff there when they'll be able to enjoy it more.

For us, BLT- you can't beat being able to walk to MK with the little ones.

Polynesian. Can't beat the monorail access with a stroller and walking to TTC for EPCOT. 'Ohana, Kona and Captain Cooks are 3 of our favorite places to eat. Can't wait to try out the new kids splash area in the fall! Oh, almost forgot the Dole Whips!!

BLT/Contemporary is my favorite resort overall. I think the location can't be beat. We stayed at the Contemporary when my son was 5 and loved the location. We also stayed at BLT when my son was 6 and we had a 4 month old. Having a kitchen and washer/dryer in the room was fantastic. However, this was back during the recession and we were getting crazy deals back in the old days, so we could afford it more easily. Lately, we have been staying at AoA in a family suite and I think that is wonderful too. I like the size of the suites and the kids love the characters and the pools. I don't love the transportation, though it is okay. To offset that we've been renting a car, which is nice because we can also get to Target or other stores and stock our kitchenette. We will see how it goes this year, because we will have a 9 month old as well as the bigger kids (10 and 4 now), but I think it will work out.

BLT/ CR absolutely! Walking to/from the MK is so convenient with a stroller! The rooms are huge at CR, the suites are awesome at BLT! This is THE place to stay in WDW with little kids.

Second place goes to the Poly, but I'm still leery about the construction unless you are going late 2016 or after.

We stayed at CR 2 weeks ago because because of our newest family member (our 4 month old son). We knew we'd spend a lot of time at MK because of him and the ability to walk to/from MK was priceless!!

We stayed at BLT and BWV and nothing beats that ten minute walk to Magic Kingdom. Walking to Epcot and Hollywood Studios was nice too, but we didn't love how long it took with those dratted shared busses to get to MK. With older kids, Epcot resorts would be great for these foodies, but otherwise, monorail is the way to go.

AS-Movies - when they were 2 and 4. They loved the theming and could relate to the giant icons because they made sense to them. It WAS Disney to them. When they reached grade school age I would have to say the AKL. The AKL had kids programs in the lobby and outside by the flamingos that filled our afternoon breaks and off days with things to do.

Now, teenagers, my DS14 loves the Poly and my DD16 loves them all. :-)

Wilderness was our favorite with young kids. They loved the geyser, stream and pool. We really loved the boat to Magic! They have added a great splash area too.

I'm sure kids would love the big icons and theming at the values, but I wouldn't so mine have never tried it! LOL.

Another vote for CR, MK view, walking to MK and watching wishes from your own balcony :love: We tried GF a couple of years ago but it just confirmed for us that it is CR or nothing for our family:worship:

When my daughter was still in her stroller I typically booked us at either the Grand, CR, or BLT. It was so nice being able to just hop on and off of the monorail, or in the case of CR/BLT walk back to the resort if the resort monorail line was long.

We have three girls, 5, 10 and soon to be 15 (two back then). The best experience we had was at the Beach Club. I remember one August afternoon in August the clouds opened wide and the rain came pouring down. Within minutes, the staff had fun activities going on.

CR for sure-being able to walk to Magic Kingdom was great. Watching fireworks from the balcony. Monorail convenient for strollers.

I am curious what your favorite resort was when / if you had / have young children. Curious about all answers, ...Next trip (May 2016) we will be bringing a 3.5 year old and a 7 month old. ...

We are thinking a 1 bedroom at either Boardwalk or Beach Club, or maybe try a studio at the Polynesian. We are hoping for a great pool and easy access to at least a few of the theme parks.
PR Club LV was our favorite resort at the time our children were under 5 years old. We ended up with the majority of time at the MK. Easy to return to lounge for snack and beverages or the room for their nap. Pivot location when it comes to transportation to MK and Epcot with three ways to get to MK. We have stayed at all of the Deluxe resorts and now prefer to stay in the Epcot resort area. Too much over building and construction in the MK monorail loop these days. Club has declined all over Disney over the years and we have found the pools to be nicer in the Epcot resort area compared to MK resorts. MK loop still has the classic icon views and a collection of excellent dining options. Epcot resort with park hopper tickets provides the World Showcase dining option within a short walk or boat ride.

We always stayed at the Poly with our two young children and loved it. The location, restaurant choices, and overall theme were perfect for us. I think that is always a great choice for young kids and anyone with a stroller.

Once our two youngest got older and we had a third child we bought DVC. Now we love the BCV for the pool, but your young ones may be too young to really enjoy it, and BCV it is also farther from the MK where you will probably spend most of your time. I think BLT is great for walking to MK, but I think the new pool at the Poly looks like it has a better area for small children. I will add that my DS3 was obsessed with the TPV (aka monorail view) from BLT.

We are taking our kids for the first time next year, and we're likely going to at CSR...for nostalgia reasons, but also because I think the kids will love the hammocks, pool, and playground.

If Deluxe were in the budget, I think staying at a monorail resort with young kids would be such a convenience.

I think AOA competes with any resort for young kids. It doesn't get any more Disney with the rooms, pool, and just overall décor. My young ones loved the AOA and the Cars Family suite was perfect for my two boys!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter