Where's the thank you? Sry, Vent.

So the OP had to wait in a long line JUST to hand over the phone?

The OP doesn't have the wait in the line, but should have the courtesy to wait until the employee finishes helping the customer they are currently with. The employee was disrespectful to the OP, but the OP was also disrespectful to the employee and fellow customers.

If you are going to expect courtesy from others, you should show courtesy yourself.

After reading the OP's post, it sounded like the manager was not busy and could have easily taken care of it without interrupting the other employee.

Recently was in Target and a woman came up to customer service looking for a pair of sunglasses. The employee handed her the glasses and phone that were found together. She did not know she had left her phone with the glasses, but showed that it was her phone by unlocking it. She said thank you to the employees and also said thank you to the person who turned them in.

It doesn't take much to say thank you and too many people are forgetting that. Common courtesy is a rare commodity.

We saw a young man (about 10 yo) jump up to open a door for someone while we were at Firehouse Subs. He was in the middle of eating but put his sandwich down to get the door. That is something that you don't see much of these days.

That manager obviously had no people skills. However theatres are low pay places and I don't think they really care as long as the work gets done. An indifferent attitude like his can rub off on the whole staff. If he was a caring person, and insisted on a caring attitude from his employees, it would be a whole different place. He sets the tone, good or bad. OP: keep doing good things. I'm almost sure the person who lost the phone was super-glad to get it back.

I'm just saying she is making too big a deal about it.

How is she making "too big a deal about it"?

She just vented. Nothing more than that. Not like she went screaming throughout the lobby, "NO ONE THANKED ME....BOO HOO!!!".

Maridw said:
After reading the OP's post, it sounded like the manager was not busy and could have easily taken care of it without interrupting the other employee.
Nope. From the original post:
and I went to the counter and told a worker and a manager them that someone had left their phone. They were busy filling orders and I interrupted them by handing it in (how rude of me!).

Somebody indicated in an earlier post that these people were (both) handling food. Forcing either to take hold of anything found in a bathroom stall probably wasn't the best idea for health code reasons.

It's called common courtesy, good manners, whatever. An automatic thank you whenever you are handed something in this manner.

"please, thank you and you're welcome" are your friends! :thumbsup2

Took the words right out of my mouth.

There is NOTHING WRONG with common courtesy. It's a shame that's it's not practiced OR expected anymore.

I worked at Sam's Club for six months and we got LOTS of items taken to us that were left in a shopping cart or the parking lot. I thanked the people who returned it because they took the time and effort to make sure someone did not lose out completely. That deserves at least a "thank you".

Don't let it bother you, OP. Obviously by the looks of this thread it's common not to be courteous. ;)

Nope. From the original post:

Somebody indicated in an earlier post that these people were (both) handling food. Forcing either to take hold of anything found in a bathroom stall probably wasn't the best idea for health code reasons.

Then get a napkin and handle it that way. Not a big deal.

Then get a napkin and handle it that way. Not a big deal.

Or the OP could have waited until the employees were no longer working with food or dealing with other customers.

All I am trying to say is that the OP was also in the wrong by bypassing the line and expecting an employee to take the phone when they were already helping other customers.

I found a phone at one of those traveling carnivals once. Because they weren't a business that would be there forever (or even next week), instead of turning it in, I looked at the phone and called what I thought was the owner's mother. (I think it said mom in the contacts list).

When she answered, I told her what happened and asked if the owner was here with friends and could she call one of them to tell her to meet me at one particular ride so I could give it back to her. She shows up, takes the phone and gives me the stink eye. No thanks or nothing.

I assume she got in trouble with her mom for losing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter