Where to watch college football near or in WDW?

mcsmom

Earning My Ears
My husband is a serious college football fan. Where can we watch college football in or near WDW? We are driving down so transportation is not an issue. We will be staying near Downtown Disney and will be willing to drive elsewhere to watch the game.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. "the game" is Alabama vs. Clemson on 8/30

At the Boardwalk you can watch at the ESPN Club.

Since you have a car the Orlando Ale House in Lake Buena Vista might also be a good option. They have lots of TVs.

At the Boardwalk you can watch at the ESPN Club.

Since you have a car the Orlando Ale House in Lake Buena Vista might also be a good option. They have lots of TVs.

ESPN Club is good, but gets packed early. Alehouse is a great option, lots of games on, although Florida games get the bulk of the TV sets. Also consider Buffalo Wild Wings in the Crossroads shopping plaza, they try to get a lot of different college games on.

If you dont mind about a 10 minute drive, the biggest sports bar in town is Fridays Front Row, at the corner of Sand Lake Road and I-Drive (just take Palm Parkway/Turkey Lake Road to Sand Lake, and hang a right--about a block up). I can just about guarantee they'll have the game on at least a few TVs.

Isn't there a Hooters in the Crossroads Center?

They normally have lots of TVs. (And hey I like the Chicken Wings and watching men droll over things they can't have is fun if the game gets boring!)

Actually if he is rooting for one team he might try looking on the alumni website and seeing if they have an "offical" gathering place. I know for example that the University of Tennessee meets at one place every game day Saturday to watch the game (can't recall where off the top of my head!)

Buffalo wings sports bar and grill across from the village market place, goodings plaza shows all the games. Nice place, cold beer and pretty good food.

If he wants to watch at ESPN on the boardwalk he will need to get in line to get a table long before the game starts.

Also over at the Swan/Dolphin pool bar area they show all the games outside.
Waitresses bring you drinks and apps if you want to order them.

I watched the 2007 Superbowl (not college, I know) partially at Bennigans on 535 (are they still open though?) and partially at Planet Hollywood (and got the bartender's digits ;) ). Ale House is another good suggestion like people have said, also I'm sure TGI Fridays would be good as well. OH! And BW3s on 535.

I watched the 2007 Superbowl (not college, I know) partially at Bennigans on 535 (are they still open though?) and partially at Planet Hollywood (and got the bartender's digits ;) ). Ale House is another good suggestion like people have said, also I'm sure TGI Fridays would be good as well. OH! And BW3s on 535.

Fridays in Crossroads has a few TVs, but unless Bama/Clemson is "the" national game that night, I wouldn't count on it being in there. Especially if one of the FL teams is playing at the same time.

Hooters is actually a block up Palm Parkway--I've never really enjoyed watching games there, they rarely put the sound up and there are just too many...distractions. ;) And same deal as Fridays, if it's not the ABC or ESPN game of the week, not sure they will show it. If not, you'll pretty much need a "sports bar"--ESPN, Alehouse, BW3s, Fridays Front Row...

Thanks to everyone for all the great suggestions!:thumbsup2
It is nice to have options. That game is a national game on ABC so hopefully it will be shown at most places. I will definitely call before going to make sure that it is showing.

ESPN Club is good, but gets packed early. Alehouse is a great option, lots of games on, although Florida games get the bulk of the TV sets. Also consider Buffalo Wild Wings in the Crossroads shopping plaza, they try to get a lot of different college games on.

If you dont mind about a 10 minute drive, the biggest sports bar in town is Fridays Front Row, at the corner of Sand Lake Road and I-Drive (just take Palm Parkway/Turkey Lake Road to Sand Lake, and hang a right--about a block up). I can just about guarantee they'll have the game on at least a few TVs.

I also would go to Front Row. Good call!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter