• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

do I have to purchase a ticket to eat or shop?
if you are talking about city walk, no.
it is open to the public at all times.
eat, shop, play golf, see a movie, etc anytime there

if you are talking about going to the park to shop for
something, it is a long explanation.
it is possible but you do have to be back within a certain time period and show the receipt of the merchandise you went in to buy.

over stay your time, don't have a purchase, then your cc will be charged for a one day ticket

They discontinued the shopping and dining passes several years ago. Now you must have a ticket to enter the parks to shop or dine.

I read somewhere that at Florean's ice cream parlor, you can get two different flavors of ice cream in one cup. Does anyone know for sure?
I'm tempted to try every flavor during the week, but I know I'd make myself sick if I have to get 2 scoops of each flavor! :hyper:
AND, can you get a frozen Butterbeer drink at Florean's or close by? (DS#2 has a milk allergy, so no ice cream for him :( )

I got two flavors at Florean's and you can buy a butterbeer at the Fountain of Fair Fortune which is right next door to Florean's.

DH and I are arriving to MCO around 9 pm on a Friday, with hopes to be at RPR by 11 pm. Does anyone know of any restaurants, either in the Hotels or in Citywalk, that will be open late enough for us to get a late night dinner? Seems like a lot of places, even at Citywalk, close at 11 or Midnight.

Thanks in Advance!

Jakes is open till 1:00 am
or it did when i was last there.

the hours might change at times so call a few days our for current closing times.

Jakes is open till 1:00 am
or it did when i was last there.

the hours might change at times so call a few days our for current closing times.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Good choice.............Jakes is an excellent option for late arrival.........it usually our first night option when we arrive........good food and good atmosphere too.........

Ok need some advice. We will be in Universal with our two older teenage kids. While there, my hubby and I are celebrating our anniversary. Any suggestions as to where we should go for an anniversary dinner that kids would like too?
Second question, I keep hearing about Mythos, is it worth it to go there one of our days if none of us are actually familiar with the Harry Potter stories?
Thanks in advance

Ok need some advice. We will be in Universal with our two older teenage kids. While there, my hubby and I are celebrating our anniversary. Any suggestions as to where we should go for an anniversary dinner that kids would like too?
Second question, I keep hearing about Mythos, is it worth it to go there one of our days if none of us are actually familiar with the Harry Potter stories?
Thanks in advance
Mythos is outside the Wizarding World and has nothing to do with Harry Potter. It is very good for a theme park restaurant.

Thanks in advance
If looking for a restaurant suggestion in Citywalk, I'm a huge fan of Cowfish!

In the parks I find myself gravitating to Mel's Drive in in the original Universal. City Walk, there is a newer Italian restaurant near the entrance walkway, can't recall the name that is very good.

It appears NBA City will be closing on August 31st, as the NBA experience will be opening up over at Downtown Disney/Disney Springs (Possibly overtaking Disney Quest?)

That probably means the NBC Sports Grill & Brew (Formerly Nascar) will be open around that time or just after it. Not sure what would go in NBA's place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter