Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

Do you need reservations for Confisco Grill?

Only one day during the week (surrounding Orange Co Spring Break) did we encounter a long wait during the prime lunch time of 12-1. We usually try to eat in off hours before or after the rush but were just hungry and nearby at this time. Tip if the weather is nice and you don't mind it, you can order at the bar and eat outside on the patio, without waiting in line for the main indoor restaurant. Your food will be brought to you, but you will have to go inside to bar for drink refills.

Question do you have to have a reservation or be part of a package to eat the Leaky Cauldron for breakfast? My mom just had our 21 day call for our package and the Team Member said you had to be on the Harry Potter package to do this. She's now worried that we need to upgrade. Can somebody debunk or verify this?

i have been a walk up during the last 45 minutes of the breakfast hour there.

walk ups are allowed, no issue with that.

i would think that those that have the package probably aim for early morning hours in the park and are done with breakfast before 10.
if a person is a first time visiter, don't think they want to waste all of the early entry time or much after 9:00 at a restaurant.

they'd be anxious to explore potterland and want to hit the rides and shops there.

breakfast is over at 11:00 am but the lunch hour menu begins at 10:30.

i prefer going near the switch over time as it's pretty empty then.

wellesleyprincess, since you will be there in about 3 weeks, that would hit early May.

i think you will be fine doing LC as a walk in and not have to fret of not having a package w/reservations.

So excited to be visiting Universal in August. Looking at some menus I have noticed that some kids menus are age 12 and younger and some are age 9 and younger and some do not state an age limit. Is every restaurant different? I figure my oldest will be ordering off the adult menu and my youngest will order off the kids menu but my middle son will be 11.

don't think it will be an issue.

i'm older than your kids and sometimes order off the kids meal.

I see that many of the burgers come with fries so I was wondering if you can just order the burger without the fries. At Disney you can and the price is cheaper.

This is fantastic, I have gotten 1/2 way through these pages but it is all so helpful. We are visiting for the first time in September. Just wanted to say Thank you !

Things that make you go hmmmmm....... I just got to thinking it would be nice with all of the new places at City Walk that I'd love to see an Earl of Sandwich or a Wolfgang Puck Express. Then I got to wondering if they are exclusive to DTD in the Orlando area? I really don't see any overlap of restaurants between Uni and WDW (maybe Starbucks! LOL) and am wondering why? My thought is maybe they each want to not duplicate what you can get over at the other place...?

Got to try some of the new places at CityWalk last week.

Antojitos: Good food, terrible service, atmosphere not our cup of tea. Loud and busy vs festive. Mariachi band only plays about a 7 minute set at the top of each hour.

Cowfish: Excellent, excellent, excellent.

Hot dog Hall of fame: Great dogs, great selection. Had the Milwaukee (brat & Sauerkraut). Also offer a 2 foot long dog.

Red Oven Pizza: Afraid it was going to be "Artisan" pizzas (you know, the kind with figs, hay, weeds, etc - designed for people that don't really like real pizza) - but they make a damn good pepperoni pizza. Good crust with a bit of char on the bottom which enhances the flavor. Wife shared one of the white pizzas and thought it was fantastic.

Frozen Yogurt place: Wife loved it. Favorite was vanilla with granola.

Hello!

I have a question about the Hot Dog Hall of Fame. Do they use different "base" hot dogs? My dh is very interested in any place that stays open until 2am serving hot dogs -- he doesn't like the hot dogs with a very wide diameter, he's a "skinny" or regular size dog guy...

TIA!
Maria :upsidedow

I think we ate at the Hot Dog Hall of Fame 3 times during our week there back in February! I also am a "skinny dog" type of person. They do offer different "base" hot dogs. They use at least 5 or 6 different hot dogs of varying lengths and widths. You can order off the menu, or have any of the dogs dressed the way you like. They also have stadium seats from ballparks around the country;'I thought that was a nice touch and we enjoyed our first meal there sitting in seats from the Reds stadium.

I am not much of a hot dog person, but I am really looking forward to eating there on our trip in November!

I was surprised by how much I liked it! I don't eat 3 hot dogs a year, let alone 3 in one week!

CityWalk Hot Dog Hall of Fame
CityWalk
Quick Service

Print Menu

At Hot Dog Hall of Fame, enjoy classic hot dogs from some of the nation’s most famous ballparks, including Chicago, Boston, New York, L.A., or even create your own dog with the toppings of your choice and a gourmet mustard bar. Guests can sit in stadium style seating, walk on artificial turf, and kick back in the bleachers.

Restaurant Info: American/Lunch and Dinner/$

Universal Dining Plan Participant

Lunch & Dinner Menu
Menu Date: 11/2014

Entrées
Chicago - Vienna all-beef dog, poppy-seed bun, neon relish, sport peppers, diced onions and tomatoes, celery salt - $6.99

Colorado - Nathan's Famous hot dog, grilled peppers & onions, sauerkraut - $6.99

Kansas City - Vienna all-beef dog, pulled pork, coleslaw, pickles, barbecue sauce - $6.99

Boston - Kayem all-beef dog, toasted New England-style bun, spicy brown mustard, diced onions, relish - $6.99

Los Angeles - Farmer John's foot long dog, mustard, relish - $6.99

New York - Sabrett all-beef dog, sauerkraut, mustard - $6.99

Arizona - Vienna all-beef dog, smoked bacon, pinto beans, grilled onions & peppers, cheese - $6.99

Milwaukee - Bratwurst sausage, hoagie roll, grilled onions, spicy brown mustard - $6.99

Detroit - Koegel dog, coney chili, diced onions - $6.99

Foot Long Dog - Vienna all-beef dog, foot long bun, choice of two toppings - $8.99

Two Foot Dog - Vienna all-beef dog, baguette, choice of two toppings - $12.99

Little League - Nathan's Famous hot dog, choice of two toppings - $6.49

Smoked Chicken Sausage - Smoked chicken and apple sausage, hoagie roll, grilled onions - $8.99

Sides
Shoestring French Fries - $2.99

House-made Potato Chips - $2.99

Snacks
Roasted Peanuts - $3.49

Cracker Jacks - $3.49

Beverages
Coca-Cola Products - $2.99

Iced Tea - $2.99

Bottled Water - $4.00

A selection of draft beers is available

** Menu and Prices are Subject to Change Without Notice **

Share on facebookShare on favoritesShare on twitterShare on pinterest_shareShare on google_plusone_shareMore Sharing Services

Yes, a variety of dogs and buns so that each feature dog is authentic (Brat for the Milwaukee - Poppy seed bun for the Chicago, etc.) - and you can mix & match as much as you want.

Has anyone been to the Bread Box? I'm really curious about it.

That was the only one I wanted to try, but never had an opportunity. Tried to talk my son into giving it a shot when he was down a week later, but it never worked out with him either.

Has anyone been to the Bread Box? I'm really curious about it.
We really like it! In fact, we ate there twice last trip. Great hot and cold sandwiches for a good price. AAA/CAA members get a discount. The atmosphere is fun too. Definitely a great choice if you're looking for something reasonably priced and tasty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter