Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

What is the general consensus on the meal plan? I found a link to the Universal Studios description here, and I see that you are limited to a choice of only three restaurants per park. The price seems reasonable, but would you say that it is a good choice for one picky eater (me) and one that isn't (the DW)? By picky, I mean that I avoid fried foods like the plague, and I tend towards lighter fare such as (grilled or rotisserie) chicken and vegetarian dishes. After looking at the menus posted on the first page of this sticky, I believe that I would probably be able to find something there to eat.

I am looking forward to your insight on this issue, thanks!

Most people avoid the meal plan for exactly the reasons you stated. There are only a few counter service restaurants included in the plan (3 per park?). If you want more selection, then the plan isn't a good fit.

I am looking for a little feedback on the food at Pat O'Briens. We love dueling Piano Bars and thought it might be fun to bring 3 teenagers with the adults for dinner and entertainment before it turns to a 21 club.

I plan to make ressies for our party of 10 in September if I can , the places I have picked ( with input from this thread) are Margueritaville, Nascar, Bubba Gumps and Mythos for supper , for lunches I am looking at Finnegans, 3 Broom sticks and more undecided as yet . I know Bubbas does not take advanced ressies , but can you make them in the morning , if not what time would you suggest for supper ???

I've been looking for some reviews on the Churrascaria. Has anyone tired it lately? Last post I could find was from Oct 2011.

i keep seeing people saying that the meal deal isnt worth it. It will be me, dh and 2 boys (5&3) we arent picky we are good eating hamburgers and chicken :) My boys dont eat alot at once but eat frequently. DO you think it would be worth it or us

i keep seeing people saying that the meal deal isnt worth it. It will be me, dh and 2 boys (5&3) we arent picky we are good eating hamburgers and chicken :) My boys dont eat alot at once but eat frequently. DO you think it would be worth it or us
I guess it depends on the time of year you're visting. If you're going during a busy season, it might be a good deal for you since you'd have longer to eat but during a slow season, it might not. It's standard theme park fare and it sounds like your boys are OK with that so that's not an issue. You cannot share on meal deal so keep that in mind. You might be better off buying one meal and having the boys share instead of having them have their own. You know them better so it's your call. Personally...I think you'd be better off not getting it. There are much better places to eat that are not on the meal deal that I think you'd enjoy more.

I've been looking for some reviews on the Churrascaria. Has anyone tired it lately? Last post I could find was from Oct 2011.

i ate there last year.

i probably, (not sure) won't be returning but will do the Latin Quarters instead.

service at Churrascaria was extremely slow with only 3 tables occupied when i went.
i was at one of the tables.

i requested med rare on all the meats.
they only had well done each time.

i thought the salad section was very good.
if i would return there, i would only order the salad bar section.

i just wasn't that impressed with the meats and service.

they do honor the ap for the discount but you need to inform them when you order.

Thanks Macraven, I've always wanted to try one of those types of places, maybe an theme park isn't the place to do it.

vegetarian offerings to add to the list...

3 broomsticks- potato leek soup, salad, roast potatoes, baked potato, corn, apple pie, ice cream

Looking forward to trying that health sandwich at US this time around...it looks yummy! Also want to try thunder falls for the black beans and rice. :thumbsup2

vegetarian offerings to add to the list...

3 broomsticks- potato leek soup, salad, roast potatoes, baked potato, corn, apple pie, ice cream

Looking forward to trying that health sandwich at US this time around...it looks yummy! Also want to try thunder falls for the black beans and rice. :thumbsup2

Thanks...I will add them.

OK..I've been intending to post this...(life sometimes gets in the way ...;)...)
While at Royal Pacific during 4th of July week, I splurged-ground shaking...I know-on room service for my son. 3 times. :blush:
Rarely do we do RS, as there are usually 5 or more of us on the trip...big bucks!
But I wanted to treat my son to a real special time. He absolutely LOVED the chicken strips and fries. He is as picky of an eater as there is on the planet, so this was huge!
So, since I missed "dinner" one night, I decided to have a "bite" also. Ordered the turkey club and was blown away with it! Quality, quantity, etc...it was really great. Fresh fruit and a yummy raspberry(?) marmalade-ish topping rocked! There was probably enough for two "normal" eaters, (ruled me out!) But I was more than stuffed. Try it if you get the opportunity! :wave2:

Thanks SO much for all this great info!! Going to Universal/IOA/City Walk for the first time in Sept. (loyal Disney fan that has refused to stray over to Universal area in the past).... looking forward to dining at Margaritaville & having a few cocktails their with my hubby on our anniversary. Definitely getting more excited now that I am seeing it is recommended & after reviewing the menu here. Thanks everyone!! :)

was thinking of taking the wife for a meal at emerils, what is the dress code, when i have been past before it seems no shorts etc but more formal attire
also what size are protions, thanks for any help

was thinking of taking the wife for a meal at emerils, what is the dress code, when i have been past before it seems no shorts etc but more formal attire
also what size are protions, thanks for any help

The only dress code is no sleeveless shirts for men. Shorts are fine. The portions are quite big.

This is a fantastic thread for me, as it is my first trip to Universal....thanks for all of the great information!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter