• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

On the packages page it still says you can book the Harry Potter package with breakfast for use up to Dec. 2012 but you have to book by July 31. Wonder what the scoop is.
So I can still book the HP package, I am sure the TA will book before July if she hasn't already. Will be finding out more next month hopefully!!At least I have the list of the guys who are coming !! So excited 2 are repeaters from Disney last year and were awesome !!!:banana::banana:

OK so I see lots of good choices to eat. Does anyone know how to find out what places accept Universal Gift Cards?

The countdown commences with only 16 days to go! Holy Cow I am not even close to prepared for this:banana::cheer2::cool1::hourglass

OK so I see lots of good choices to eat. Does anyone know how to find out what places accept Universal Gift Cards?

The countdown commences with only 16 days to go! Holy Cow I am not even close to prepared for this:banana::cheer2::cool1::hourglass

I think pretty much everywhere except some carts will accept them.

anybody know how much breakfast at the 3 broomsticks is and what time there open from and too, thanks:thumbsup2

Universal gift cards are accepted in the parks and at the hotels.

from the UO website regarding the gc:

http://www.universalorlando.com/Gift-Card-FAQs.aspx

Using Universal Orlando Resort Gift Cards
Where can I use a gift card? What can I purchase with a gift card?
Universal Orlando Resort Gift Cards may be used to purchase select goods and services at participating retail, dining, hotel and other locations throughout Universal Orlando Resort.

Can I purchase theme park tickets with a gift card?
Yes, Universal Orlando Resort Gift Cards may be used to purchase theme park tickets at the front gate of both Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure.

Can I use a gift card for a stay at one of the on-site hotels?
Yes, Universal Orlando Resort Gift Cards may be applied toward room nights and other goods and services at any of the three on-site hotels at Universal Orlando Resort.

Can I purchase Blue Man Group show tickets with a gift card?
Yes, Universal Orlando Resort Gift Cards may be used to purchase Blue Man Group show tickets either at the box office or by calling 407-BLUEMAN.

Has this changed since last year????? I had gc that I got from the local grocery store and I had to go to guest services to exchange them for Universal Dollars...it wasn't very efficient.

Universal gift cards are accepted in the parks and at the hotels.

from the UO website regarding the gc:

http://www.universalorlando.com/Gift-Card-FAQs.aspx

Using Universal Orlando Resort Gift Cards
Where can I use a gift card? What can I purchase with a gift card?
Universal Orlando Resort Gift Cards may be used to purchase select goods and services at participating retail, dining, hotel and other locations throughout Universal Orlando Resort.

Can I purchase theme park tickets with a gift card?
Yes, Universal Orlando Resort Gift Cards may be used to purchase theme park tickets at the front gate of both Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure.

Can I use a gift card for a stay at one of the on-site hotels?
Yes, Universal Orlando Resort Gift Cards may be applied toward room nights and other goods and services at any of the three on-site hotels at Universal Orlando Resort.

Can I purchase Blue Man Group show tickets with a gift card?
Yes, Universal Orlando Resort Gift Cards may be used to purchase Blue Man Group show tickets either at the box office or by calling 407-BLUEMAN.

My children did not like the potato wedge-type fries the first time we went to the Three Broomsticks. Do they have regular french fries?

Has this changed since last year????? I had gc that I got from the local grocery store and I had to go to guest services to exchange them for Universal Dollars...it wasn't very efficient.

yes, it is a new gc program this year.

with the new gc, you don't have to do the exchange at guest services.

if your older gc's aren't accepted directly, you can still use them w/ the exchange at gs.

My children did not like the potato wedge-type fries the first time we went to the Three Broomsticks. Do they have regular french fries?

There are two types of potatoes. One is more a potato chunk and the other is a wedge/slice fry.

l.jpg

5134383636_c7da04c35e-300x265.jpg

We just got back and one day ate lunch at Emeril's in City Walk

they have a $22 lunch special: Includes a choice of 3 appetizers, entree, and desert 4 choices ( it was tasty - steamed mussels with sausage, wood planked trout for main course)

In addition, if you show your park pass, for lunch you will receive a free appetizer or desert with an entree purchase. So this is a decent deal. I had a sausage plate and some jerk salmon for ($17 total)

Here's the catch - it is one per table. So if a family of 4 came in everyone would not get a free app or desert.

So what we did was one of us ordered the $22 lunch special, and the other got the free app with entree purchase.

so for $39 we had a nice lunch (2 apps, 2 main courses, and 1 desert) the food is definitely tasty, and the service was great - couldn't get my water glass down 3 sips before one of 4 people came back to fill it back up)

Hello All,

This July will be my first trip to Universal's and I am not sure how to deal with dining. Are dining reservations pretty much a must like at disney? Can I take a more relaxed approach and just browse the day off to see what looks good? Any advice would be appreciated!

Hello All,

This July will be my first trip to Universal's and I am not sure how to deal with dining. Are dining reservations pretty much a must like at disney? Can I take a more relaxed approach and just browse the day off to see what looks good? Any advice would be appreciated!
You don't have to make reservations like at Disney. Most places at CityWalk are walk up but July is busy. You can make reservations that morning at the kiosk across from the theater if you'd like or on www.opentable.com. But if you decide to eat at off peak times, you shouldn't have a long wait. As for the parks, there are very few table service restaurants...most are counter service and counter service places do not take reservations.

Do you have to pay the cover charge to get into a restaurant at City Walk? The menus for Margaritaville and Latin Quarter look good, but I don't want to be stuck paying a $7.00 cover. Or do you get automatic admission to all City Walk clubs with a multiday pass anyway?

As you can tell, I'm a Universal/IOA newbie so thanks in advance for your help! :flower3:

Do you have to pay the cover charge to get into a restaurant at City Walk? The menus for Margaritaville and Latin Quarter look good, but I don't want to be stuck paying a $7.00 cover. Or do you get automatic admission to all City Walk clubs with a multiday pass anyway?

As you can tell, I'm a Universal/IOA newbie so thanks in advance for your help! :flower3:

For normal dinner, there is no cover charge. And yes, the multiday pass does cover you cover charges at the clubs.

What is the general consensus on the meal plan? I found a link to the Universal Studios description here, and I see that you are limited to a choice of only three restaurants per park. The price seems reasonable, but would you say that it is a good choice for one picky eater (me) and one that isn't (the DW)? By picky, I mean that I avoid fried foods like the plague, and I tend towards lighter fare such as (grilled or rotisserie) chicken and vegetarian dishes. After looking at the menus posted on the first page of this sticky, I believe that I would probably be able to find something there to eat.

I am looking forward to your insight on this issue, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter