Where Pixie-Dusted Birthday Dreams Come True! A July Trip Report! PTR Link! Pg. 116

What a great trip report!!!!!

YAY for last minute souvies...that shirt is too cute!! I want one LOL!!!!

I'm really looking foward to your PTR!! WOOT WOOT YAY for dining package!!!

I'd like to sense a new CP PTR. :thumbsup2

Love the souvies. Such great colors on those shirts! And who doesn't love some coconut patties? Yum, yum.

I bought some coconut patties for my dad and my MIL’s husband.
001-1.jpg

Since I had been unable to find a CD of the Main Street Electrical Parade, I decided we needed the Illuminations one. I love the music from it!

We were on the road by 9:30, and the drive was pretty uneventful. Charles commented that it was the best trip we had had, and then thought he would be funny by saying, “Too bad it was our last trip.”

Silly man.

We didn’t reach home until 7:00, though. Why? Three words: Atlanta Rush Hour. Ugghh!

Our week of fun was officially over. Time for Chelsea to enter back into the real world where complete strangers didn’t stop her to wish her a Happy Birthday.

UP NEXT: Final Thoughts and “Sensing a new PTR, I am!”

The coconut patties are a good souvenir. I bet, unlike I would have, they didn't keep the boxes when the food was gone. :upsidedow It's hard for me to throw away any kind of Disney food box or wrapper. I have a bunch of empty packages in the hutch with my Chef Mickey. I think that totally seals the deal on me being a Disney dork. ;)

Oh, man, you could have spent that Atlanta rush hour time at the CBR pool or DTD or somewhere in Disney World!!! I don't know when Atlanta is not busy. We've been through there in the middle of the night, and it was plenty busy then.

You did get your parade music, eventually, didn't you?

Well, well, well - Charles was cracking jokes on the way home. :sad2:
I bet he's already secretly been plotting things to do on the next trip. ::yes::

Thank heavens you have a PTR coming. I can't go too long without my Connor and Chelsea stories. Plus, it's just so doggone fun to follow along as our friends plan where they are going to stay and eat and play the next time around! :cool1:

I am behind by one post and so I am going to go back and read, but I just can't stand it, I have to say have a happy week's vacation and I am so excited for whatever you have up your sleeve.....

I mean how can we live without a CP PTR or TR??!! Oh. Did I say that??? cough cough cough...

PS... be on the look out for something... :rolleyes1

I know I missed a few updates over the past month or so, but I really enjoyed your TR. What a wonderful trip! I enjoyed all the pictures of the kids and the souvies.

:cool1: to a new PTR! Can't wait for all the details. I second what Christine said - early May is a great time to visit the world. :rolleyes1 Just sayin'

Last minute souvenir shopping helps ease the pain of departure.
We never plan to visit parks on our last day either. We just have a relaxing breakfast and catch an afternoon flight home.

Looking forward to your new ptr :yay:

I always end up buying those coconut patties at the airport...so yum!

And I knew you had good taste.....but this just proves it!

506.jpg

I have the same shirt!

So if this TR is wrapping up, do we get a new Jackie PTR?? I'm used to your PTRs starting in October! :rotfl2:

That is toooo funny LL, I agree, we are all used to those PTRs starting in October, but we are also used to her NOT starting a new one until the other one is done, so.... :rolleyes1

As always, this has been a fabulous TR, Jackie!

I'm sad to see it end, but happy to know that another one is coming!

And YAY for Charles saying this was the best trip yet! :dance3:

I didn't know about those Mickey coconut patties. That is my favorite candy, since I will be staying at CB, I will be getting some of those.

I can't believe how fast the time has gone since this whole threa was started. The PTR, then the TR & now a new PTR. Love reading about the adventures of your family. Maybe, if I get my nerve up, I will right a PTR or TR. :rolleyes1

I love your Mickey top...I haven't seen it before. Boo TR over; Yay new PTR... I am struggling to write my PTR - it is just sad without pictures. Also, it is hard with the holidays. Hey, there's an idea... you can write about your holidays in this TR. I know DIsney will creep in some how.

I have a site for you to visit for Disney music. I think it is the best!
www.d-cot.com

Oh, I'm sad this TR is done - but I can't wait for the PTR!!!
Good purchases on your last day!! Your T-shirt is so cute!

I think I'll be starting a PTR after Christmas.

I hope you enjoy your break!! Our kids go through Wednesday.

Your shirt is cute & I just love my Illuminations CD. I had never really listened as I watched Illuminations until my DS Ryan (who is a musician) said to me one time "listen to the music" & I ended up buying the CD. I love it!!

Did I hear a rumor....A PTR???????? What would be even better was if you were going sometime around 5/23-5/29;)

Hi, Michelle! How are you these days? Are you all ready for Christmas?

Doing good, just been insanely busy! My DIS hiatus started because I decided to make a scrapbook for my mom from our trip for Christmas. Then I got the bright idea to do it digitally, I've never done digital scrapbooking so I had to learn how to do it first, then I spent every spare minute I had working on it. It was a lot of effort, but I'm thrilled with the result, and doing it digitally allowed me to make a duplicate one for myself! :thumbsup2 I'm pretty much ready for Christmas, gifts are all purchased & wrapped, all I have left to do is finish baking all the goodies for Jared's teachers tomorrow so that he can give them to them on his last day of school on Wednesday. How bout you??

I'm sad your report is over (even more sad that I missed most of it :sad2: ), but excited to hear that you will be starting a PTR soon! It sounds like maybe you are going to be there same time as Wigd, which makes me think it's an end of May trip.....

Oh so sad your trip is over. :sad2: So many memorable moments for your family! I can totally relate to the drink cup thing. We have had so many of those that never get used. And don't get me started on the souvie tropical drink cups! I'm sure someday I'll throw a HUGE cocktail party and serve the drinks in all my cups!:rotfl2:

Looking forward to news of your next TR!

The real world always seems so harsh after a week in the Disney bubble, doesn't it?

Yes, it does! Luckily, we still had a week of summer vacation left, so we didn't have to jump right back into everything. It was more of an easing into it.

Hurrah for a new PTR and a dining package! My dates are 4/30-5/6... when are yours?

May 27 - June 2 -- I guess we will be missing each other. :(

I hate to see Trip Reports end but I love love love that we have a new one on the horizon!! :goodvibes

I know -- thank goodness, I have another trip to look forward to!

What a great trip report!!!!!

YAY for last minute souvies...that shirt is too cute!! I want one LOL!!!!

I had a hard time deciding between that shirt and the one with Tinkerbell on it. I decided to go with Mickey since I already had red Mickey head earrings I could wear with it. LOL!

I'm really looking foward to your PTR!! WOOT WOOT YAY for dining package!!!

I am very excited about that Free Dining! We have never gotten to do it before.

Woohoo for a new trip!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I am very excited! :banana:

I'd like to sense a new CP PTR. :thumbsup2

Love the souvies. Such great colors on those shirts! And who doesn't love some coconut patties? Yum, yum.

I think our dates are exactly the same (May 27 to June 2), so we need to meet up while we are there!

I love the shirts!

The coconut patties are a good souvenir. I bet, unlike I would have, they didn't keep the boxes when the food was gone. :upsidedow It's hard for me to throw away any kind of Disney food box or wrapper. I have a bunch of empty packages in the hutch with my Chef Mickey. I think that totally seals the deal on me being a Disney dork. ;)

:rotfl: I hate throwing away anything with Disney on it! I even have napkins dating back to the 1980s! :lmao:

Oh, man, you could have spent that Atlanta rush hour time at the CBR pool or DTD or somewhere in Disney World!!! I don't know when Atlanta is not busy. We've been through there in the middle of the night, and it was plenty busy then.

It is always busy on the Atlanta freeways. You can just imagine what a nightmare it was on Wednesday when the highways started icing in the middle of rush hour. I was very glad I wasn't out in it!

You did get your parade music, eventually, didn't you?

I did -- Anita was wonderful enough to send me a CD! :thumbsup2

Well, well, well - Charles was cracking jokes on the way home. :sad2:
I bet he's already secretly been plotting things to do on the next trip. ::yes::

Judging by his later actions, I would say he was. ;)

Thank heavens you have a PTR coming. I can't go too long without my Connor and Chelsea stories. Plus, it's just so doggone fun to follow along as our friends plan where they are going to stay and eat and play the next time around! :cool1:

Reading about everyone else's trips does make the time in between trips go by faster. Chelsea and Connor are always good for some stories! :lmao:

I am behind by one post and so I am going to go back and read, but I just can't stand it, I have to say have a happy week's vacation and I am so excited for whatever you have up your sleeve.....

Thanks! I feel like it is already going by too fast. Yesterday we spent the day wrapping presents, and today my mom and I are doing some last minute shopping with lunch.

I mean how can we live without a CP PTR or TR??!! Oh. Did I say that??? cough cough cough...

:laughing: I am so thrilled I have a fan base! :lmao:

PS... be on the look out for something... :rolleyes1

Yeay! I love finding surprises in the mail! Hopefully, my last package will arrive today as well -- Connor's WDW hoodie that he has been wearing for the last three years is looking beyond ratty -- seriously, he looks like an orphan in it -- so I asked him if he wanted a new one. He said he wanted another WDW one -- I found a cute one online at the Disney Store -- the email says it should arrive today.

I know I missed a few updates over the past month or so, but I really enjoyed your TR. What a wonderful trip! I enjoyed all the pictures of the kids and the souvies.

Hi, Mary Ellen! Glad to have you back on the DIS!

:cool1: to a new PTR! Can't wait for all the details. I second what Christine said - early May is a great time to visit the world. :rolleyes1 Just sayin'

We will be there at the end of May -- one week after school lets out. :banana:

Last minute souvenir shopping helps ease the pain of departure.
We never plan to visit parks on our last day either. We just have a relaxing breakfast and catch an afternoon flight home.

Looking forward to your new ptr :yay:

Yep, that is pretty much what I have resolved we need to do from now on!

I always end up buying those coconut patties at the airport...so yum!

And I knew you had good taste.....but this just proves it!

I have the same shirt!

Great minds, Heidi!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter