Where Pixie-Dusted Birthday Dreams Come True! A July Trip Report! PTR Link! Pg. 116

Hi Jackie
Sorry it has taken me forever to get caught up on your TR as always some great stories and laughs
I love how Connor had fun w/ the Toy Story Solider we saw them out finishing up w/ a group of kids when we were there Nathan wanted to meet them but it didn't work out
Love that you enjoyed PTC for the most part we have never been w/ our kids did in once back in 95 but Matt didn't care for it and I think the sarcasim would be rough for Nathan it just looks so fun in there
I love OMD too and looking forward to walking through again next month
Totally forgot to look for Bo and we stopped right there too...duh
So some crazies occur at DTD?
Looking forward to more
Julie

I think I still have my viewmaster...so the fact that you feel old, really makes me feel old...kids these days :rotfl:

50's looks fun...we may or not have it scheduled for this trip, still trying to decide since we've never done it before

Ah, yes, the broken hair elastic. That was enough to send me into a tizzy when I was a teenager too. Also, as an adult sometimes :rolleyes1 That is what I like about your TR. You don’t sugar coat it when someone has a meltdown – such as with Connor not wanting to share with Chelsea. How many times have I heard that same complaint from my kids? I asked my kids about the Viewmaster and my son knew what it was, so I feel slightly better :laughing: but I still feel old that all of these other kids don’t know what it is!

50's Prime Time, we love it there! I just made our reservations for our May/June trip and it's on our list again.

I'm 23 and would have reacted the sameeeee way as Chelsea if my hair elastic snapped! Some things take a little longer to outgrow :rotfl:

The PB&J shake is great, did you try some?

I am not looking forward to having teenagers :scared1: I'm glad it worked out in the end. Oh no, drama at DTD!!

We love Prime Time especially the atmosphere. I always say I should have been brought up in the 50's. Happy Days was my favorite show.

That is too funny that Chelsea did not know how to use the View Master:rotfl:

Oh NO-a monster????:scared1:

Wait! Just teenagers have meltdowns about rubberbands? I keep a new package of them in my car and typically wear one on my wrist...:rotfl2: She sure did look happy about the cupcake though! I can't wait to hear about the meltdown at DTD...as we know, DTD is the place where my family (esp DH) has their meltdowns. :rotfl:

Connor got mad at you? Wow, you were having a doozy of a day. DH and I reminisce about toys in Toy Story Mania. We love the Old Maid set that we both had as kids, etc. I had to buy paint by number for my kids bc I felt that they should have that experience!They had Monster Inc viewmasters with Nemo slides. =)

I always feel a little bit of trepidation when I can see the family unraveling and you know it's going to get worse. Every Disney vacation has one of those moments, without fail. I hope you're wasn't too bad! :goodvibes

Thanks for telling me where those crates are. I'm definitely going to look for them.

I had to laugh at the hair elastic story. Morghan has the same type of hair as Chelsea and is the same way about those elastics. They are everywhere at our house, in our car, in her backpack, in my purse...everywhere! Girls and their hair. ;)

I agree about 50's PTC; okay food but fun atmosphere. We went during our 2006 trip and hope to go back next trip just for the fun.

Great update! I love collecting Fastpasses! :thumbsup2

A broken pony tail holder would have been a major problem in my group too, especially with 2 girls. Danielle would not have wanted to share with her big sister either. I do love the total change in Chelsea from her hair meltdown to the presentation of her cupcake. Such is the day in the life of a teen. . .

Here I am again - trying to stay on top of everyone's TRs. Looks like a great day at DHS overall. I was going to comment on how funny it was that Chelsea went from hair drama to big Birthday Girl smile, too! So funny!:goodvibes
I don't know why they serve such large shakes everywhere, unless it is to teach your kids to share!:thumbsup2

I was thinking the same thing as Anita about monster Chelseapopcorn::

Oh I loved that update! I think 50s is worth it for the atmosphere, mostly, too. I loved their onion rings and PB and J shake, but it isn't food memorable, I agree. HOWEVER, it sounds like you had fun :)

Oh boy, teenage girls and DTD.... Hmmmmm.... :rolleyes1

All caught up....again. Sorry! I never noticed the Scarlet O'Hara crate...love her and that movie. Plus i never saw the Roger Rabbit either...I will have to search for them my next trip.

Interested to see how Chelsea turns into a monster.

Hey sweet Jackie!!!! Sending you holiday wishes for glad tidings and WDW TRIPS!!!! ;)

We are actually looking at possibly taking a trip down to the Mouse's House next year around the exact same time you were there this year. Knowing that we have been down there before the same week in June before, can you give me some idea about what we should expect in crowd levels and heat in comparison to what we have experienced in June? I know I should expect heat and crowds, but just wanted an honest evaluation of how much worse it really is. We are looking to travel down there with our friends from Kansas City, who want to stay offsite using Hilton Points, but I am concerned we could be closed out of the parks if it gets too crowded. Is that a legitimate concern? Tom and I still DESPERATELY want to stay on-site...he actually said he wanted to stay at the Contemporary or Polynesian so we could be close to everything. ME TOO!!!! :) I am going to have to figure out a way to convince them to NOT use those points. Help me out please!!!! ;)

I love the update! For some reason 50PT have never appealed to me. I guess I dont want to be fussed at while I eat lol. But I am glad you all enjoyed it and I hope everyone behaves...or at least tries :rotfl2:

Thanks! Yes, that Charles' thing, too -- he didn't want to be fussed at, but our waiter was really good about keeping it relatively low-key as far as the fussing was concerned.

Sorry you didn't love Prime Time! We eat there almost every trip. We'll be skipping it this year & eating at Sci Fi instead - a new one for us. We love the food at Prime Time - it's different than most of the other places we eat. Though Alex isn't big on the sarcasm! ;)

You have a nice collection of FPs for your return visit! :thumbsup2

Oh, we enjoyed our meal there! It was good filling food, but it didn't wow us like some of the other places we have eaten. The atmosphere was a lot of fun, though. You will love Sci-Fi -- it is so neat to sit and watch the movie clips in cars while you eat.

Isn't it interesting what small things can cause drama in teenage girls? :laughing:

Oh, yes. Things that wouldn't bother me can ruin Chelsea's entire mood.

The first time I ate at PrimeTime, I was scared to death. I wanted no one to chastise me publicly, so I ate every bite on my plate and was stuffed sick.

The next time I ate there, I went in a little braver. I didn't eat everything, and I was able to put a crumpled napkin over what was left.
I made it out without being fussed at. :cool1:

:lmao: There was no way we could have cleaned our plates without being sick the rest of the day.

I have never had the PBJ shake, but everyone raves about them.

I had a few sips of Charles' shake, and it was very tasty!

The TV tables are fun. That is what my house looked like when I was little. I enjoyed seeing the old clips from the shows I knew so very well.

We were cracking up over some of the clips they showed!

Thanks for the fun pictures. I'm headed out in my new old car to get some groceries. This thing sits up so much higher than my Camry, so I feel like I'm driving a school bus!
6.gif

What kind of car did you get? I am sure you mentioned it on your TR, but I missed it.

A monster at DtD? Oh boy. I'm glad you tried 50's. It looks like Chelsea really enjoyed her cupcake! I loved my viewmaster as a kid. I guess we are old. :rolleyes: Those onion rings sure look good. Sorry the rest of it was just ok.

Oh, just wait until you hear about the monster. It was a doozy!

I loved my Viewmaster as a kid, too! LOL!

LOL...I laughed so hard I almost cried Jackie!!! I so carried at least 3 elactic bands with me in school in order to avoid disaster and rescue others who it happened to. Now a days I cut it short blow dry and call it a day LOL!!!! The things we focus on as a teenager LOL!!!!

I was the same way! :lmao:

Glad you guys had a good meal there!! I love 50s and will be eating there in January (solo) should be interesting LOL!!!!!!

Don't forget to get a shake! :thumbsup2

Hmmm...Monster attacks DTD...can't wait to hear that story!!

Coming up this morning!

So I'm pretty sure we have the same countdown...so I wish much speed for the next 10 days of school ( I have 7 whole days and 3 half days!!!) I'm thinking of all us teachers WE CAN MAKE IT!!!!!

Only five more days for us now! I am giving final exams tomorrow, and then, the mad grading rush begins!

I never had long hair when I was a teenager (yup - I was a real trendsetter :laughing:, but was sometimes mistaken for a boy), but I know now I panic when I can't find a hair clip!

I almost always wear my hair in a ponytail these days -- I should just cut it short again.

Sounds like the perfect lunch experience complete with primo table. I'm surprised your uncle didn't look for a 13 year old boy with braces and ask them to kiss. That's what happened to Brian when he was 13! Our uncle called him "sparkey" and then made a general announcement until he could find a compatible brace-mate of the opposite sex. So funny!

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: That must have been hilarious!

:lmao: Jackie, I love your teenage drama-filled updates.

You will really like the next one, then. ;)

Poor Chelsea! There's nothing worse for a teenage girl to have some kind of hair or fashion mishap. Next year, remind her to bring extra hair elastics, as well as any other necessary make-up, in her park bag.

Oh, yes, nowadays she carries about six with her at all times. Her bag is a bit like Mary Poppins'. LOL!

OMG, that Viewmaster comment makes me feel old too :rotfl:
We're making inventions in science and I decided to show my class old infomercials. We watched the one for the Clapper. My students wanted to know why the television in the commerical looked funny :lmao:

:rotfl: Charles and I love telling the kids about things when we were their age. Their expressions are priceless!

DTD sounds fun, but how did Chelsea turn into a monster?? Can't wait for the next update!

Coming up this morning!

Those onion rings look so good. We just made ADRS this week nad up until last minute I had this place on my list and then changed it. I think I have been to a dozen TRs where kids of all ages have a meltdown there. I wonder what it is about that place?

The onion rings were very good.

It's probably because they are stressed about behaving so the waiters don't fuss at them, and they just can't hold it together. LOL!

Ahhhhhh..teenage drama! We had a bit of teenage angst on our trip. :rolleyes: Heck...I've even got a picture of Hannah with "the look" and she's only 8! :eek: :laughing:

I guess it is inevitable that there will be teenage drama. That day there was even a bit from Connor -- that's coming later on.

We liked 50's PT when we went on our 1st trip but opted for someplace different this time. I like the themeing in there and get a kick out of watching the old shows.

I am so glad we tried it once. I feel complete now that we have tried all the restaurants in DHS. LOL!

Monster at DtD????!!! :scared1:

Oh, yes, in a big way!

We really enjoyed our dinner at 50's PTC in Sept. Our waitress was excellent and the food was SUPER yummy! The dining room sang happy birthday to Madison too and she just loved it. We didn't get a viewmaster though for dessert...bummer. However, Madison knows what a viewmaster is. She has one!

I should have bought one for the kids when they were little. I don't know how I missed doing that.

Fun lunch! I remember being 13 and definitely would have reacted as she had! Oh, teenage drama! Wow-- kids these days don't know about Viewmasters!! :scared1: I feel so old!

Oh, yes, I think I had some moments just like that when I was Chelsea's age. My hair was so important to me back then.

Jackie! I can't believe you didn't buy your poor deprived children a view master! There are all kinds of Disney disks to be had for those things! Tisk tisk!

I can so relate to the hair disaster. Bad hair=bad mood for Miss Anita Wigd!:cutie:

LOL! Maybe I should get the kids a viewmaster for Christmas.

Same here -- and notice, I didn't offer up my own rubberband for Chelsea. LOL!

I really wanted to eat at 50's in Feb but dh wanted to try Sci-Fi so we are going there instead. I really wanted to try the PB&J shake. I love PB&J!!! However I don't feel so bad now that you said the food was just okay.

The food was good, but didn't wow us! The PB and J shake was very tasty -- I had a few sips of Charles' to see what all the fuss was about.

Fred MacMurry's suit in One Man's Dream is from Bon Voyage. I used to love that movie when I was a kid but it has been so long that I don't really remember to much of the movie. I looked it up because I really wanted to see Mary Poppin"s dress.

I don't think I have ever even heard of that movie. :confused3

What a fun lunch :thumbsup2 I was wondering if anyone was going to really get into trouble :rolleyes1 I have only eaten there once but had a riot...:rotfl2: the food was good...I had the fried chicken and remember the mashed potatoes being out of this world:cloud9:

I almost had the fried chicken but opted for something a bit lighter since it was lunch. Chelsea did say hers was good.

Oh how I loved my Viewmaster....I specifically remember having some disks of the Disney parks and can clearly see Space Mountain in the little screen :goodvibes

I remember having disks from a Disney movie called The Black Hole. I think it was pretty much a box office flop -- it was done in those years before Michael Eisner took over. ;)

Ooooh a Chelsea monster? Do tell :upsidedow Epcot is usually the best location for meltdowns.....don't hear of them too often in DTD :laughing:

Tracy

Chelsea opted to have her melt-down at DTD -- Epcot is always my melt-down park of choice though. LOL!

Ha ha, that's very funny that Chelsea asked how to use the viewfinder! That totally would have made me wonder if I was getting old too. You know, considering that we seemed to have sticks and rocks as toys....:lmao:

:lmao: So true according to our kids. :laughing:

Love the teenage drama stories! :laughing: Makes me laugh now, but I'm sure I was the same way at her age!

Me too!

Sounds like it was an interesting meal...we've never eaten there before but I'm always tempted to try it.

It was a fun meal -- you should try it at least once.

Monster at DTD...can't wait to hear about that!!! ;)

It is chockful of teenage drama, let me tell ya! :laughing:

Poor Chelsea. Why do I have a feeling the drama is not over yet?

Those onion rings look good!

The drama was far from over!

All caught up--again! :goodvibes I have never noticed the Roger Rabbit bits at DHS! Goodness, so many details - love it!!

And uh-oh, a monster at DTD??? :headache: I hope it's short lived at least....

I love all the movie details around DHS!

It is short-lived because I made it short lived. :headache:

I can relate to Chelsea, poor girl :laughing: I'm glad she found another hair tie! I bet she is always gonna carry a back-up to the back-up from now on!

Did the guys like their milkshakes? I've always wanted to try the PB&J one.

Chelsea carries an entire army of hair elastics these days. LOL!

The PB&J shake was very good -- I tried Charles' so I could report back on it.

Hi Jackie
Sorry it has taken me forever to get caught up on your TR as always some great stories and laughs
I love how Connor had fun w/ the Toy Story Solider we saw them out finishing up w/ a group of kids when we were there Nathan wanted to meet them but it didn't work out
Love that you enjoyed PTC for the most part we have never been w/ our kids did in once back in 95 but Matt didn't care for it and I think the sarcasim would be rough for Nathan it just looks so fun in there
I love OMD too and looking forward to walking through again next month
Totally forgot to look for Bo and we stopped right there too...duh
So some crazies occur at DTD?
Looking forward to more
Julie

Hi, Julie! We were worried about how Connor would react to the sarcasm of the waiter so we made sure to warn him and tell him it would all be in fun.

Some crazies is one way to put it. LOL!

I think I still have my viewmaster...so the fact that you feel old, really makes me feel old...kids these days :rotfl:

50's looks fun...we may or not have it scheduled for this trip, still trying to decide since we've never done it before

I wish I still had my viewmaster. LOL!

You should try 50's -- the atmosphere is great and I bet they decorate for Christmas in there all retro-style!

Ah, yes, the broken hair elastic. That was enough to send me into a tizzy when I was a teenager too. Also, as an adult sometimes :rolleyes1 That is what I like about your TR. You don’t sugar coat it when someone has a meltdown – such as with Connor not wanting to share with Chelsea. How many times have I heard that same complaint from my kids? I asked my kids about the Viewmaster and my son knew what it was, so I feel slightly better :laughing: but I still feel old that all of these other kids don’t know what it is!

I am big on not sugar-coating -- after all, sometimes the drama-filled bits are the best parts. LOL! My children hate sharing -- it drives me nuts when I know they won't finish it all in the first place. :headache:

I'm guessing our Chelsea-monster wanted somthing.....
Could it have been from TrenD?:cutie:

You are good, Wigd!!! It must be your own experience with your girls. :goodvibes

50's Prime Time, we love it there! I just made our reservations for our May/June trip and it's on our list again.

I'm 23 and would have reacted the sameeeee way as Chelsea if my hair elastic snapped! Some things take a little longer to outgrow :rotfl:

The PB&J shake is great, did you try some?

I did try some -- it was very tasty!

I would not have been happy if my hair elastic snapped at Disney -- after all, having my hair up is the only way I can survive that heat!

I am not looking forward to having teenagers :scared1: I'm glad it worked out in the end. Oh no, drama at DTD!!

I think Cayley is going to be filled with drama during her teenage years! I'll start the hugs now! :hug:

We love Prime Time especially the atmosphere. I always say I should have been brought up in the 50's. Happy Days was my favorite show.

That is too funny that Chelsea did not know how to use the View Master:rotfl:

Oh NO-a monster????:scared1:

I loved Happy Days, too! I even had a record of the theme song! LOL!

Wait! Just teenagers have meltdowns about rubberbands? I keep a new package of them in my car and typically wear one on my wrist...:rotfl2: She sure did look happy about the cupcake though! I can't wait to hear about the meltdown at DTD...as we know, DTD is the place where my family (esp DH) has their meltdowns. :rotfl:

A DTD meltdown was a first for us. :rolleyes:

Connor got mad at you? Wow, you were having a doozy of a day. DH and I reminisce about toys in Toy Story Mania. We love the Old Maid set that we both had as kids, etc. I had to buy paint by number for my kids bc I felt that they should have that experience!They had Monster Inc viewmasters with Nemo slides. =)

Yes, Connor has his own moment later in the day. I think we were all exhausted at that point in the trip from the heat and crowds.

I had that Old Maid set of cards, too! :lmao:

I always feel a little bit of trepidation when I can see the family unraveling and you know it's going to get worse. Every Disney vacation has one of those moments, without fail. I hope you're wasn't too bad! :goodvibes

This trip everyone chose a different moment to meltdown -- mine was at Epcot on our second day, Chelsea's was at DTD, Connor's was at DHS that night. Only Charles managed to behave, but, then, we all know, he has had his own moments on previous trips. LOL!

Thanks for telling me where those crates are. I'm definitely going to look for them.

You are welcome!

I had to laugh at the hair elastic story. Morghan has the same type of hair as Chelsea and is the same way about those elastics. They are everywhere at our house, in our car, in her backpack, in my purse...everywhere! Girls and their hair. ;)

I find them everywhere, too! LOL!

I agree about 50's PTC; okay food but fun atmosphere. We went during our 2006 trip and hope to go back next trip just for the fun.

It is a fun place!

Great update! I love collecting Fastpasses! :thumbsup2

Me too! It makes the evenings so enjoyable to just scoot onto a bunch of rides.

Jackie, I also get a chuckle from your posts!

Yeay! I love making people laugh! :goodvibes

A broken pony tail holder would have been a major problem in my group too, especially with 2 girls. Danielle would not have wanted to share with her big sister either. I do love the total change in Chelsea from her hair meltdown to the presentation of her cupcake. Such is the day in the life of a teen. . .

So true! The start of the meal she was all frumped up, but she turned on all the charm when that birthday cupcake came out! :rolleyes:

Here I am again - trying to stay on top of everyone's TRs. Looks like a great day at DHS overall. I was going to comment on how funny it was that Chelsea went from hair drama to big Birthday Girl smile, too! So funny!:goodvibes

That's so Chelsea! :laughing:

I don't know why they serve such large shakes everywhere, unless it is to teach your kids to share!:thumbsup2

Too bad they never want to share with each other. :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing as Anita about monster Chelseapopcorn::

Monster Chelsea has a problem with her mouth sometimes. ;)

Oh I loved that update! I think 50s is worth it for the atmosphere, mostly, too. I loved their onion rings and PB and J shake, but it isn't food memorable, I agree. HOWEVER, it sounds like you had fun :)

We did have fun -- Cousin Tom kept us laughing with his comments. At one point, he said he had been working there for 20 years -- that means he has been there since it opened! :eek:

Oh boy, teenage girls and DTD.... Hmmmmm.... :rolleyes1

Just wait for the details...

All caught up....again. Sorry! I never noticed the Scarlet O'Hara crate...love her and that movie. Plus i never saw the Roger Rabbit either...I will have to search for them my next trip.

Interested to see how Chelsea turns into a monster.

I love all the little nods to movies throughout DHS! Gone with the Wind is one of my favorite movies. Scarlett is such a brat, but she has such gorgeous clothes! :goodvibes

Speaking of brats, maybe Chelsea was channeling her inner Scarlett O'Hara...;)

Hey sweet Jackie!!!! Sending you holiday wishes for glad tidings and WDW TRIPS!!!! ;)

We are actually looking at possibly taking a trip down to the Mouse's House next year around the exact same time you were there this year. Knowing that we have been down there before the same week in June before, can you give me some idea about what we should expect in crowd levels and heat in comparison to what we have experienced in June? I know I should expect heat and crowds, but just wanted an honest evaluation of how much worse it really is. We are looking to travel down there with our friends from Kansas City, who want to stay offsite using Hilton Points, but I am concerned we could be closed out of the parks if it gets too crowded. Is that a legitimate concern? Tom and I still DESPERATELY want to stay on-site...he actually said he wanted to stay at the Contemporary or Polynesian so we could be close to everything. ME TOO!!!! :) I am going to have to figure out a way to convince them to NOT use those points. Help me out please!!!! ;)

Hi, Jen!!! Merry Christmas to you, too! Are you down to one more week of school as well?

Compared to June, July was a good bit hotter. Those mid-day breaks were imperative for us -- I don't think we would have survived as well as we did without them so being on-site for us was a must!

The crowds were not nearly as bad as I had feared they would be. With Tom being the Ace Fast Pass Collector that he is, I think you would do okay with that.

I do so hope you are able to plan another trip soon! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter