Where Pixie-Dusted Birthday Dreams Come True! A July Trip Report! PTR Link! Pg. 116

CHICKEN CURRY............. YUM! OH that looks like so much fun! AND so does that sugar cane Mojito! Wow! Great for that time of day I am sure! Everyone looks like they are having so much fun that afternoon! It is clear in all the pics and their smiling faces!!! :goodvibes

I was hoping if I got on this morning I would find and update from you!! It's like my Saturday Morning Cartoon fix from when I was little but even better!!!!

WOW the food choices sound divine!! HMMMMM...chicken or beef...which one to try??? LOL!!

LOVE the picture of Chelsea dancing with the CM that is so awesome!! What a great memory!!!

Tree Hugging Connor...love it!!! I need to send you a shirt for Connor we have from our school's Green Club that says Have you Hugged Your Tree today???

Glad you convinced Connor to skip the snake could you imagine where you might find that some morning when you got up :scared1:

all caught up (thanks for the handy links)

the "I'm so HOT" pix of the kids are :lmao: I just love how your kids get into the act for us DISERS

your Merkat photo shoot was very impressive...you have a new calling!

all the yummies from Africa sounded great...I don't think I've tried any of those before...mmmm on the Mango shake ( I guess can't get one of those in Nov?)

too fun that Chelesa and Connor got in on the act w/ the African dancers...very fun :banana: and we have stopped at those drums before too, one of my very favorite pictures of Rachel is by one

sounds like a very wonderful AK day!

Then, it was time to browse through the Mombasa Marketplace. Chelsea found a two-pack of Kilimanjaro tank tops that she really liked that were on sale for $15, and Connor decided we needed to donate money to the Disney Conservation Fund. He received a button for it. I did, however, have to persuade him that he did not really want to spend his souvenir money on a six-foot plastic snake. Ick!

As we left the Marketplace, we encountered the dancing in the streets. One of the African dancers grabbed Chelsea and started dancing with her. It was one of my favorite moments of the trip!

271.jpg

Great picture of Chelsea just letting go with the African dancing! :cool1:

Good for Connor for donating to the Conservation Fund. We do this regulary, as well.

As for the plastic snake, I sure could have borrowed it from him if had bought it. I'm getting ready to do some rainforest stuff with my class. Perhaps I will be buying a big emerald tree boa on this trip. I know I am hitting up the Rainforest Cafe gift shop and all the Animal Kingdom gift shops for some cool stuff. :thumbsup2

Great Update !! I wish I was more adventurous with food I am afraid I don't like curry even though My Mum made it regularly!!!

Can't believe I will be in Disney in 5 DAYS:banana::banana::banana:

I really like your idea of doing the Taste of Africa! Those mango shakes look absolutely delicious! I am craving one right now... I wonder where I could find something like it around here?! Cus ya know, pregnancy cravings don't go away until after you find what you want! ;)

Yummmm mango shakes! I bet those really did hit the spot in such hot weather. Too bad they won't be around when we're there in November. Must put the chicken curry on my list of snack foods for one of our AK days. Love curry! The fun just keeps getting better!

Great update. That shake looks yummy. I am always in awe of how you last just exploring at AK. That parks is just so darn hot! Love the birthday girl dancing pic!

I really do :lovestruc mojitos....so I may have to try this....if it is too sweet I will have to chase it down with a Lost on Safari :laughing:

Oooh I love macaroons too!!! One of my favorite cookies :goodvibes

Cute pictures of both of the kids.....Chelsea with the dancer....he cracks me up too...great facial expressions!! And environmentalist Connor...such a tough guy ;)

Tracy

The food and shakes look so good! And the Sugar Cane Mojito looks very refreshing. What a great evening at AK! I hope they bring Taste of Africa back next summer.

Great update Jackie!! The food sounds great & the pics with the kids & African dancer are great.

The sugar cane mojito looks good & the frozen drinks the kids had look yummy!

All of your treats sound delicious-- I love chicken curry! That's so sweet that Connor wanted to donate to the Conservation Fund! What a big heart!

All of your treats sound delicious...especially that mango shake! :thumbsup2

LOVE the dancing in the streets...what fun!!! :goodvibes

Yummy food, delicious drinks and dancing in the streets...sounds like a perfect evening!

To be honest, I have caught up this evening with your entire AK day, sounds like you had fun despite the heat!

Well....it appears to be a wonderful evening tasting some serious yumminess; however, none of your pictures are coming through now because of exceeded bandwidth on your Photobucket account. :headache: But I will be back to see the pics!!

What a wonderful time of dancing and food!

Your mojito looks so delicious, as does your food selections.

I love that Chelsea and Connor got picked to dance.

CHICKEN CURRY............. YUM! OH that looks like so much fun! AND so does that sugar cane Mojito! Wow! Great for that time of day I am sure! Everyone looks like they are having so much fun that afternoon! It is clear in all the pics and their smiling faces!!! :goodvibes

We did have a great time and that Chicken Curry was so good! They had the recipes, and I snagged them. Sometime I might be able to replicate it.

I was hoping if I got on this morning I would find and update from you!! It's like my Saturday Morning Cartoon fix from when I was little but even better!!!!

LOL! Yes, DIS updates are my Saturday morning cartoons, too!

WOW the food choices sound divine!! HMMMMM...chicken or beef...which one to try??? LOL!!

That's why we got one of each -- we wanted to try both of them.

LOVE the picture of Chelsea dancing with the CM that is so awesome!! What a great memory!!!

It was just so adorable!

Tree Hugging Connor...love it!!! I need to send you a shirt for Connor we have from our school's Green Club that says Have you Hugged Your Tree today???

Connor would be all about that shirt!

Glad you convinced Connor to skip the snake could you imagine where you might find that some morning when you got up :scared1:

Exactly! :eek:

all caught up (thanks for the handy links)

the "I'm so HOT" pix of the kids are :lmao: I just love how your kids get into the act for us DISERS

your Merkat photo shoot was very impressive...you have a new calling!

all the yummies from Africa sounded great...I don't think I've tried any of those before...mmmm on the Mango shake ( I guess can't get one of those in Nov?)

too fun that Chelesa and Connor got in on the act w/ the African dancers...very fun :banana: and we have stopped at those drums before too, one of my very favorite pictures of Rachel is by one

sounds like a very wonderful AK day!

Hi, Julie! Glad you are all caught up! We had a lot of fun that evening! Sadly, I think all of those things we tried were just there for the Taste of Africa.

Great picture of Chelsea just letting go with the African dancing! :cool1:

It was so cute!

Good for Connor for donating to the Conservation Fund. We do this regulary, as well.

He is very into conservation efforts! :lovestruc

As for the plastic snake, I sure could have borrowed it from him if had bought it. I'm getting ready to do some rainforest stuff with my class. Perhaps I will be buying a big emerald tree boa on this trip. I know I am hitting up the Rainforest Cafe gift shop and all the Animal Kingdom gift shops for some cool stuff. :thumbsup2

If he had bought it, I would have gladly let you borrow it...forever! :lmao: Can't wait to see what you get for your class!

Great Update !! I wish I was more adventurous with food I am afraid I don't like curry even though My Mum made it regularly!!!

Can't believe I will be in Disney in 5 DAYS:banana::banana::banana:

Hurray for being in Disney in five days!!! :banana: Curry seems to be very popular in England -- every time I read a book set there, they seem to be making curry.

I really like your idea of doing the Taste of Africa! Those mango shakes look absolutely delicious! I am craving one right now... I wonder where I could find something like it around here?! Cus ya know, pregnancy cravings don't go away until after you find what you want! ;)

Exactly! Good luck finding something similar to those mango shakes! :thumbsup2

Yummmm mango shakes! I bet those really did hit the spot in such hot weather. Too bad they won't be around when we're there in November. Must put the chicken curry on my list of snack foods for one of our AK days. Love curry! The fun just keeps getting better!

Everything was a big hit! I hope they keep the Taste of Africa each year!

Great update. That shake looks yummy. I am always in awe of how you last just exploring at AK. That parks is just so darn hot! Love the birthday girl dancing pic!

It is hot there, but we just love it there, so we force ourselves to keep going. I think it is easier because our kids are a bit older.

I really do :lovestruc mojitos....so I may have to try this....if it is too sweet I will have to chase it down with a Lost on Safari :laughing:

Then, you really will be lost. :laughing:

Oooh I love macaroons too!!! One of my favorite cookies :goodvibes

Me too, but I am the only one in the family that really likes coconut. Both the kids tried the cookie but weren't crazy about it. :sad2:

Cute pictures of both of the kids.....Chelsea with the dancer....he cracks me up too...great facial expressions!! And environmentalist Connor...such a tough guy ;)

Tracy

Yes, they were more than happy to pose! :lmao:

The food and shakes look so good! And the Sugar Cane Mojito looks very refreshing. What a great evening at AK! I hope they bring Taste of Africa back next summer.

It was so much fun and everything was delicious. It was nice to get a taste of all that African food since we didn't do Boma or Tusker House on this trip.

Great update Jackie!! The food sounds great & the pics with the kids & African dancer are great.

The sugar cane mojito looks good & the frozen drinks the kids had look yummy!

Thanks! We had a lot of fun eating and dancing!

All of your treats sound delicious-- I love chicken curry! That's so sweet that Connor wanted to donate to the Conservation Fund! What a big heart!

Connor is very concerned about conservation -- he is always ready to donate to anything that helps the earth. :lovestruc

Love the Meerkat posing. Too cute! Those drinks looked yummy as well as the food!!

Thanks! Yes, everything was just delicious!

All of your treats sound delicious...especially that mango shake! :thumbsup2

LOVE the dancing in the streets...what fun!!! :goodvibes

I had quite a few sips of the kids' shakes -- they were soooo good.

It was one of those great, unplanned moments at Disney! Definitely one of my favorite things that happened on the trip!

Yummy food, delicious drinks and dancing in the streets...sounds like a perfect evening!

To be honest, I have caught up this evening with your entire AK day, sounds like you had fun despite the heat!

Thanks! Yes, it was a great evening! It was hot but we persevered.

I could go for a mojito tonight. It's so warm here today it feels like summer!

It was pretty warm here, too. I am okay with that since I don't really want to pull out winter things yet.

Well....it appears to be a wonderful evening tasting some serious yumminess; however, none of your pictures are coming through now because of exceeded bandwidth on your Photobucket account. :headache: But I will be back to see the pics!!

I fixed the Photobucket account, so you should be able to see the pictures now. :thumbsup2

What a wonderful time of dancing and food!

Your mojito looks so delicious, as does your food selections.

I love that Chelsea and Connor got picked to dance.

We had such fun! I loved that the kids danced with the CM! So unexpected and so fun! You should have seen me scrambling for my camera! LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter