Where is my FAVORITE DCL cast member?

When did Nikola transfer to the Fantasy? We had him on the Magic in OCT2010 as a server and then we saw him last year while in PALO in AUG.

It would be wonderful to find out if he is on the FANTASY in August. I would definitely try and do a request for having him again.

Nikola Stakic (Serbia)

I am not sure, but he was our server on a December 2012 cruise (DISboards podcast 4.0) on the Fantasy. We had initially requested a different server - who was returning from vacation. The other server was scheduled to re-board the Fantasy on the same day as our embarkation. Apparently, there was a snowstorm in Bulgaria (home country of the other server I had requested) ... and his flight was cancelled. The Bulgarian server started his contract one week late.

#######

We had a rocky start on our December cruise. All of the seating was set-up by Dreams Unlimited, and forwarded to DCL in advance (fairly unusual). DU apparently re-reviewed the seating with DCL one day prior to embarkation (excellent thought). For some reason, AFTER DU had confirmed the seating for their guests on the PodCast cruise, our party of nine (which included a guest in a motorized wheel chair) was moved to a different rotation (clarification: DU did not make a mistake with our reservation). Despite there being remarks on the reservation about an electric wheel chair, and the inability to transfer to a dining room chair, or climb ANY steps, we were (nonetheless) moved.

As luck would have it, we were moved to Nikola's table. When DW and I arrived at the table, we realized the table would not work (because of the steps and wheel chair) ... so we alerted Nikola of the situation. He immediately alerted his Head Server ... and they started to see what they could do to accommodate us (including a ramp for the wheel chair). We were quickly moved to another table (different servers), while a Restaurant Manager *told* a server they now had guests at what was supposed to have been an empty table. For some reason, nobody informed the assistant server. Let's just say, that first night was total mayhem.

I'm not really sure what happened, but, for the second night, our table of nine was broken up into three smaller groups, and assimilated into other tables. DW and I (plus two DIS-cruise friends) offered to return to Nikola's table. As luck would have it ... the four of us were schedule to be at Palo on the 2nd night ... so we alerted the Restaurant Manager that we would not be at dinner in the MDR on the second night. For some reason, the message was never delivered to Nikola, or his Head Server.

When we finally returned to dinner on the 3rd night ... I think Nikola's entire service team was a bit skiddish. I believe they thought we were mad at them (over the wheel chair). We explained that was not the case ... that we had no problem with them ... rather, there was some sort of scheduling mishap, and that we had to sit somewhere else on the 1st night, because of the wheel chair. We told them we went to Palo on the 2nd night, and were "here to stay" on the 3rd night.

The first day was a tad stressful for us all ... but everyone got back into the swing of things. As is my custom, I bring American chocolates to hand out to our servers, as a gesture of appreciation. Nikola and his team seemed to like the chocolate.
:yay:

Steven

Does anybody know where Constantin from Romania is? We had him on the dream in 2011. I had asked last year and was told he was moved to the Magic, but was curious where he was now. :)

We sailed the Dream 5/5/13 and had Val from Romania as our main server and newbie Luis from Portugal as our assistant. Both were awesome. I didn't keep tip stubs and can't remember Val's last name (started with a P) so if anyone has it that would be super so we can request him for our 2014 cruise.

Nikola Stakic (Serbia)

I am not sure, but he was our server on a December 2012 cruise (DISboards podcast 4.0) on the Fantasy. We had initially requested a different server - who was returning from vacation. The other server was scheduled to re-board the Fantasy on the same day as our embarkation. Apparently, there was a snowstorm in Bulgaria (home country of the other server I had requested) ... and his flight was cancelled. The Bulgarian server started his contract one week late.

Steven

Thanks for the info, Steven. I kinda chickened out about requesting Nikola when I called DCL to make our final payment. Might still do it, but kind of have that stalking feeling.

All our servers for the most part have been good, but Nikola was great. A real gentleman and funny to boot.

Has anyone encountered server Josipa lately? We met her on the Wonder but last saw her in Palo on the Dream.

Thanks!

I hadn't seen any responses so thought I'd ask again if anyone has come across Josipa recently? My guess is she would be in Palo or Remy.

Thanks again!

Had a great server team onboard the Magic recently. Server - Vlado from Croatia, Asst. Server - Rachel from UK, Head Server - George from Romania.

Also, loved bartender Ann-Marie from Jamaica.

Was just wondering if anyone knew if Brent was on the Fantasy? He was our server on the Dream for our honeymoon and we requested him for our upcoming trip. I hope he's still around. :goodvibes

On the Magic in Jan 2011 we had an AS by the name of Lady. Does anyone recognize her and know if she is still with DCL? I don't recall our MS's name, our service started out with a few bumps but improved towards the end.
I remember Lady cutting our steaks for us and being very friendly.
Just wondering - I haven't seen her mentioned at all in this thread.

I had a dream last night that I was on the newly renovated Magic and going from room to room looking for Sompong. He really made our trip special.

He is on the Magic and was our server. I believe he is trying to take vacation while they are in dry dock but is planning on staying on the Magic as long as he can. He said it is home to him.

We loved our servers on the Fantasy! We had Coskun from Turkey and Artemis from Greece! They really made our Honeymoon special! Damian at Bon Voyage, Wynan and Novak were wonderful!

Coskun is a head server now and is in line to become a Palo manager. He is engaged to Artemis who is a server. Coskun was my head server on my last fantasy voyage and got to know him very well. He introduced us to Artemis and she is very lovely. Coskun wants the Palo manager position which would be on the Dream but will decline it if Artemis can't come with him to the Dream.

Coskun is a head server now and is in line to become a Palo manager. He is engaged to Artemis who is a server. Coskun was my head server on my last fantasy voyage and got to know him very well. He introduced us to Artemis and she is very lovely. Coskun wants the Palo manager position which would be on the Dream but will decline it if Artemis can't come with him to the Dream.

Awww that's such a cute story. :lovestruc. I remember on our honeymoon one of the bartenders at Cove Cafe told us she had just married another bartender that was I think at the skyline. I guess being onboard for so long love starts to develop. :lovestruc

I am wondering if Anthony from France is still on the Fantasy? He was our assistant server last June on the Fantasy and absolutely loved him! We hope to see him again in August <<fingers crossed>>

Thanks for the info, Steven. I kinda chickened out about requesting Nikola when I called DCL to make our final payment. Might still do it, but kind of have that stalking feeling.

All our servers for the most part have been good, but Nikola was great. A real gentleman and funny to boot.

Quite the contrary, Servers and Assistant Servers are promoted based upon a myriad of things ... including, but not limited to:
1) Notes on DCL survey forms
2) Requests from guests (prior to embarkation)
3) Letters written to Restaurant Manager or Hotel Director (while onboard ship), or, letters sent to DCL or DCL Guest Communications.

;)

Steven

Constantin from Romania ... Anyone?

This thread does not get hoards of hits / visits (as compared to other threads). Accordingly, it can sometimes take longer to get an appropriate reply ... assuming he is still with DCL.

Quite the contrary, Servers and Assistant Servers are promoted based upon a myriad of things ... including, but not limited to:
1) Notes on DCL survey forms
2) Requests from guests (prior to embarkation)
3) Letters written to Restaurant Manager or Hotel Director (while onboard ship), or, letters sent to DCL or DCL Guest Communications.

;)

Steven

Sorry, Steven your response to my post doesn't make any sense - did you quote the wrong post. :confused3

I cannot remember my server's name. Any chance of figuring it out?

She was on Wonder Alaska last year, blonde hair, russian. She was engaged to a waiter in Palo. Of course, I don't remember his name, either. :blush:

I'll be on the Wonder again next year and it would be great to enjoy her company again.

Our server team for our honeymoon Dream cruise was so fantastic. Hubby and I were wondering if anyone could tell us the whereabouts of our team:

Head Server Rexon from India
Second Server Aubrey from Thailand (I belive)
Drink Server Janya from Thailand
Statreoom Host Benny

We are sailing on the Dream again in 45 days or so and have requested the team, but I'd like to know if they're even still there! Thanks!

He is on the Magic and was our server. I believe he is trying to take vacation while they are in dry dock but is planning on staying on the Magic as long as he can. He said it is home to him.

I just returned from the EB TransAtlantic ... had requested Sompong based upon suggestions from others on this thread. I was lucky enough to get my request. Having sailed DCL 14+ times since 1999 (more than 20 total, including other cruise lines), I can honestly say, "Sammy" is (perhaps) the best, or 2nd best server I have EVER had!

"Sammy" is known by many cast members as Sompong ... but some know him as Sammy. Most guests know him as Sammy (when he introduces himself, he says his name is Sammy). Therefore, if you are requesting his as your server, you may want to request "Sammy" Sompong Pooncharoensuk.

Sammy has been a cruise line server for TWENTY-SEVEN years ... 1 year with one cruise line, followed by 13 years at another ... and now, 13 years with DCL on the Magic. Sammy told me he prefers to stay on the Magic.

As for his vacation, Sammy told me he will be going on vacation in September, and is expected to return to the Magic once out of dry dock. Sammy DOES NOT have a Facebook account or e-mail. If you wish to communicate with him, you will need to do so via snail mail. I gave Sammy my Castaway Club member notecards (with envelopes) ... and will be sending him US postage stamps, in case he wants to write to anyone. Please consider sending proper postage stamp(s) from your country, if you are communicating with him.

Steven

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter