Where is my FAVORITE DCL cast member?

I cannot remember my server's name. Any chance of figuring it out?

She was on Wonder Alaska last year, blonde hair, russian. She was engaged to a waiter in Palo. Of course, I don't remember his name, either. :blush:

I'll be on the Wonder again next year and it would be great to enjoy her company again.

You might try to write to DCL (e-mail: dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com), provide them with your sailing date (include ship name, plus reservation or folio number) ... provide as much information as possible on who you are seeking, then ask if they have any way of looking up the information.

Good luck!

Steven

Sorry, Steven your response to my post doesn't make any sense - did you quote the wrong post.

You said you chickened out - did not request anyone. I was trying to encourage you to request someone (of your preference) ... and cited ways of how cast members can be promoted. One of the ways cast members get promoted is based upon guests requesting specific cast members. This tells DCL that you liked that cast member enough, that you would like to be paired with them again. This tells DCL you are pleased with their service. Hope this make sense>
:cheer2:

Just wanted to know if anyone knew the current where-abouts of my serving team from my Alaska cruise in 2011 - Balwan from India and Sophie from Australia. We really enjoyed their company - especially Sophie's - she was a truly amazing person and we always felt that she was genuine in her interactions with us. I am just curious if anyone knew whether they were still with DCL and if so in what capacity. We are heading back to Alaska this August and would love to see them again.

Thanks in advance,

Aby

Based on your post we asked for Radoslav and were lucky enough to receive him on our June 22 Fantasy cruise. It was his first cruise back from vacation and I can not rave about him enough. The server he was partnered with had no personality so thank goodness he wen above and beyond. I highly recommend him.
Our room steward remembered us from a previous cruise and was excellent.
We had the concierge team of Alice, Andy and PJ-- all excellent. Don't hesitate to ask for someone- it made our cruise very special.
Last year on the Magic we had Genesis and I would highly recommend him as well.

Daniel Javor moved to the Dream in 2011, then to the Maiden Fantasy (March 2012). Daniel left DCL in the summer of 2012, and is now working as a Manager at a Marriott in his home country of Hungary ... I believe it is in / near Budapest.

For December, you may want to check back in the summer to early fall. I know there are a few other looking for excellent servers for the Fantasy in December. In the interim, I would suggest the following Fantasy servers:

Main Dining Room -
*Rado Hristev (Bulgaria) - server
Nikola Stakic (Serbia) - server

Palo -*Ivan Frick (Hungary)

Remy - Yannick (France)

*Rado and Ivan are among my top 3 favorite servers of all time ... which spans nearly 20 years of cruising.

As of March 2013, the aforementioned servers were either currently on the Fantasy, or expected to return from vacation within the next few months. Generally, servers and assistant servers are paired up by DCL ... so it's best to only request them separately. By that, I mean, do not request "Jack and Jeremy", rather, request as follows:
1) First request: Rado Hristev (Bulgaria), server.
2) Second request: If request #1 is not possible, I would request Nikola Stakic (Serbia), server.

You may make as many requests as you like, but I would not make more than 2 or 3 requests for the main dining room. For a Palo or Remy server, you do not need to request them in advance (since these bookings are generally made online). However, when you board the ship, ask where you can go to request / confirm a Palo / Remy server (these locations can change from time to time).

I'd like to ask everyone to do something very important. When you are impressed with the service of a DCL server ... PLEASE write down their FIRST AND LAST NAMES, as well as their HOME COUNTRY (ask, they'll usually be happy to answer - they will likely figure you want their information for the ship's survey). You may also want to ask if they would care to share (approximately) when they will be on vacation, and when they expect to return. Most servers realize why you may ask ... if they hesitate ... just tell them you'd like to recommend them to other fellow cruisers. When you return from your cruise, please remember to share the names and home country(ies) of those fabulous DCL servers!

Steven

BethA said:
Based on your post we asked for Radoslav and were lucky enough to receive him on our June 22 Fantasy cruise. It was his first cruise back from vacation and I can not rave about him enough. The server he was partnered with had no personality so thank goodness he wen above and beyond. I highly recommend him.
Our room steward remembered us from a previous cruise and was excellent.
We had the concierge team of Alice, Andy and PJ-- all excellent. Don't hesitate to ask for someone- it made our cruise very special.
Last year on the Magic we had Genesis and I would highly recommend him as well.

Genesis is my favorite! He's been our server at least 4-5 times.

Which seating did you have? We were table 89 at late seating and I'm pretty sure Radoslav was helping with our table as well. Our Servers were Rini and Jeremy, and it was only Jeremy's second week! We loved them all!
Beth C

I just returned from the EB TransAtlantic ... had requested Sompong based upon suggestions from others on this thread. I was lucky enough to get my request. Having sailed DCL 14+ times since 1999 (more than 20 total, including other cruise lines), I can honestly say, "Sammy" is (perhaps) the best, or 2nd best server I have EVER had!

"Sammy" is known by many cast members as Sompong ... but some know him as Sammy. Most guests know him as Sammy (when he introduces himself, he says his name is Sammy). Therefore, if you are requesting his as your server, you may want to request "Sammy" Sompong Pooncharoensuk.

Sammy has been a cruise line server for TWENTY-SEVEN years ... 1 year with one cruise line, followed by 13 years at another ... and now, 13 years with DCL on the Magic. Sammy told me he prefers to stay on the Magic.

As for his vacation, Sammy told me he will be going on vacation in September, and is expected to return to the Magic once out of dry dock. Sammy DOES NOT have a Facebook account or e-mail. If you wish to communicate with him, you will need to do so via snail mail. I gave Sammy my Castaway Club member notecards (with envelopes) ... and will be sending him US postage stamps, in case he wants to write to anyone. Please consider sending proper postage stamp(s) from your country, if you are communicating with him.

Steven
We love Sammy! He was there a couple of weeks ago and as you said he will be leaving at dry dock. He alo will be leaving in March for 2 months due to the medical exams and insurance requirements that DCL requires. The head server told us that he is the most requested server on the Magic. I know we always request him.

Which seating did you have? We were table 89 at late seating and I'm pretty sure Radoslav was helping with our table as well. Our Servers were Rini and Jeremy, and it was only Jeremy's second week! We loved them all!
Beth C

We had main dining table 90 and Jeremy helped so we tipped him as well. I could not remember Rini's name til I saw it here

My family was also on the June 22nd Fantasy and I remember Rini and Jeremy. We were table 88 at main seating. They were not our servers but they seemed like a good team. Our servers were just ok so I am getting the idea to request someone special for our upcoming Magic adventure.

My family was also on the June 22nd Fantasy and I remember Rini and Jeremy. We were table 88 at main seating. They were not our servers but they seemed like a good team. Our servers were just ok so I am getting the idea to request someone special for our upcoming Magic adventure.

Not sure when your sailing the Magic, but I can recommend Jorel from the Philippines as a server or Emily from Scotland as an assistant server. They were both fantastic people :thumbsup2

Zsolt Szep is returning from vacation to the Disney Fantasy (Main Dining Room) on September 28th (through much of February). Some of you will recall, Zsolt is one of a handful of the original "Disney Dream Team" ... and was hand selected to staff the Inaugural Sailings of the Disney Dream, and was later hand selected to staff the Inaugural Sailings of the Disney Fantasy.

If you'd like to experience truly sensational service ... I heartily suggest you contact your Travel Agent (or DCL) to "request" Zsolt Szep (Hungary) as your server. If you do request Zsolt ... let him know you heard about him on DISboards.

:yay:

Having recently sailed on the Magic ... you simply MUST request "Sammy" Sompong Poonchuroensuk (Thailand) for Main Dining Room Server ... and Laslo Gion (Hungary) for Palo Server. You will not find better servers on the Magic!

At the time, Sammy's Head Server was Neno Jekic (Croatia). We were seated a table of four ... each of us with a long list of special requests throughout the cruise, including the following to be served every night ... escargot, shrimp cocktail, Caeser salad with shaved Parmesan cheese, and Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. We do not consider ourselves as high maintenance ... rather ... we know what we like. As a Head Server, Neno Jekic turned our cruise into 14 nights of phenomenal experiences.

Sammy's Assistant Server was I Made Swasitka (Indonesia). His first name is pronounced "E-mod-A." Some guests may not understand "Swastika" used as a name. In Thailand, "swastika" means ... may you prosper and have good fortune.

I have taken the liberty of posting information found online, regarding the swastika ...
"The Swastika is a symbol that belongs to the entire human race. They appear in many different forms and in almost all our ancestral cultures, existing for more than 15,000 years with different names. The Swastika was and always will be a symbol of protection and good luck. Unfortunately during the World War II, the Nazi's were effective in there misuse of the Swastika symbol."

The Nazi's changed the design of the original Swastika. The Nazi Swastika is a black cross in 45 degrees pointing to the right (the original Swastika points to the LEFT). Please remember, the (original) swastika symbol is positive in many countries and cultures, and there is no reason to connect this to the genocide associated with World War II.

Steven

We were on the wonder to alaska..
A few people I would like to mention
Our servers from Chile.. Cristian and sebastian.. very funny..
Huong "shorty" from australia.. she was pin trader but I think they were moving her to art gallery..
Lastly kristy with dvc..
Great staff...

Was wondering if anyone has seen Ciprian (server from India) and Jose (asst. server from...I forget) recently?
We got to spend nearly 3 weeks with them back in 2010 when the Magic did the Baltic cruises and they were wonderful. We had such a great time with them.

My favorite DCL cast member is on vacation in New York. We are FB friends and keep in touch all the time.

I had neno ( croatia) as head server too. He was sweet. Made a point if stopping by every night to check on us.

Still wondering if server Goran ( croatia) still on magic?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter