Where do you stand on the "Wonderful Christmastime" issue

Do you like "Wonderful Christmastime" by Paul McCartney?

• Yes

• No

• I've never heard it/Don't know

• Other (because there always has to be an other)

Results are only viewable after voting.
OMG, I just heard it a few minutes ago in the car on my way home and literally laughed out loud. Had no idea before this thread, the level of hatred people have towards this song. Who knew? :confused3

I can tolerate "Wonderful Christmas Time" but I cannot understand the appeal of "Christmas Shoes" or why it's ever on top Xmas songs list or even on the radio. Can anyone who likes this song explain the appeal?
DW can't stand "Christmas Wrapping" by The Waittresses, but I always guessed it was because she forgot cranberries too :teeth:

It's because your wife forgot cranberries too and things didn't quite go as the song says. You see I quickly snatched the last of them and she didn't get any cranberries.

Wife hates it, I'm ok with it. Not as bad as the Beach Boys Little Saint Nick (chorus: "Christmas comes this time each year")

Still a big fan! FYI there's a new version with Sir Paul & The Roots. Good news for the haters: It's only about a minute & a half long!:santa:

Absolutely hate it.... I dive for the "off" button whenever I hear it.

#1 ranking on the playlist of worst Christmas songs. Drives me bonkers everytime I hear any notes from that synthesized ridiculousness...

I still don't mind it. There are other Christmas songs I really dislike. Mariah Carey's is the first to come to mind.

It isn't my favorite Christmas song but I like it. If you write "Yesterday" and the majority of the second half of Abbey Road you get a pass on just about anything but I don't get the hate of this song. It isn't supposed to be groundbreaking, he's already done that, it is just fun.

I love seeing him happy with his beloved Linda again instead of the one legged gold digger he later married.

Too funny - the song was playing on my Christmas channel JUST when I saw this thread and clicked on it. In fact, I clicked "skip" before I even read the thread! It's OK but occasionally I find it annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter