Where do you listen from most often?

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by SkyMedik, Jul 9, 2012.

1. SkyMedik

SkyMedik 15 Disney Trips and Counting

OK...so I've not posted in many years, so forgive me if this has been covered.

Where do you listen to the Podcast from most often? I was listening last night and it struck me that I wonder if our wonderful hosts have any clue where their voices are heard..... I work, among other places, on an ambulance near Washington, DC. Occasionally it is necessary to change our work clothes during the shift for a variety of reasons. So...my partner opens the doors to the unit and sees me standing in my boxers changing my work uniform. And she says, "You do realize you're mostly naked, in an ambulance a block away from the US Capitol, listening to a Disney podcast, right"?

Anyone else ever have this experience? :lmao:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. roomthreeseventeen

roomthreeseventeen Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

LOL.

I listen almost exclusively while doing long runs in Central Park or along the Hudson River. It’s been over 90 degrees here almost every day, so I am almost naked as well, I guess (just a running bra and a skirt).

4. Kidtcha

Kidtcha Earning My Ears

I just started listening to the podcast last week. I have found that I listen to the show while I walk my dog. We tend to walk further when I'm listening to the show...even archived shows!

5. SkyMedik

I've just gotten back into them too actually....I've gone through about 30 archived shows in the last week! :thumbsup2

And I promise our hosts that I am -NOT- attempting to start a "Mostly Naked DIS Unplugged Club" !

6. wdwscout

wdwscout <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

I listen in the car going to and from work or errrands.
    Always fully clothed! ;)

7. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

There have been similar threads in the past and some of the locations have been interesting to say the least. Some pretty scary. :scared:

We listen mostly at home now that I'm retired. When traveling, we kind of have a "tradition" of saving the latest podcast for the flight. Results in lots of LOL'ing on the plane with resulting strange looks from those nearby.

8. WebmasterJohn

WebmasterJohn Genius Administrator

It would make our live shows more interesting...........

9. mytripsandraces

mytripsandraces DIS Veteran

I listen when running, too, but usually on a treadmill, because it is way too hot out here! Almost the only time I'm running in Central Park is during a race and I don't use headphones when I'm racing. I've also saved podcasts to listen to on trips, so have listened to the podcast in every Disney park around the world!

10. DeltaDiamond001

DeltaDiamond001 <font color=red>DISaholic<br><font color=royalblue

Because I drive so much, I usually listen in the car.

I also listen at home while cleaning or doing housework. It makes the time go by much faster. :)

11. davmill

davmill Mouseketeer

At the gym...at home while cutting the grass....sometimes at the beach if I don't have to participate in anything.

12. Potato Salad

Potato Salad Earning My Ears

I work the grave shift and am on my own for about five of the eight hours I work, so I get plenty of time for podcasts and audiobooks.

Also, I listen to past episodes while mowing the lawn. A little tradition that helps me get through a horrid chore. I am currently listening to the 10/08/08 show and I figure by the time the archives are complete my son will be old enough to mow the lawn. :hourglass

13. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

:welcome: and I'm glad to see you posting here! This is a great question.

I tend to listen at home while doing chores or things for work. However, when I had a long commute, I would listen in the car.

14. disprincessatheart

disprincessatheart I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08

When I was working, I would listen in my office while doing something really boring - budget spreadsheets, cleaning out my email, filing, etc or on my regular 6 hour round trip to Charlotte for meetings :drive:

Now that I'm home with my toddler, it's almost always in the afternoons (naptime starts between 1 and 2) and its either on my elliptical or while cleaning, and always fully clothed!

15. Disney Anna

Disney Anna DIS Veteran

Lying by my pool; or at the gym at home or work.

I love to listen on drive to Disneyland or flight to WDW.

One famous time I listed during my gyno visit. :rotfl2:

16. SkyMedik

Winner! :worship:

17. njchris412

njchris412 TRIP 10 TO THE WORLD COMMING UP

At work don't tell my boss lol

18. TigerTown

TigerTown runDisney addict!

I almost always listen in my car on the way to work or while I'm eating my lunch. We also like to save a few podcasts for the drive down to Florida which we make about three or four times a year.

19. angieand3rs

angieand3rs Mouseketeer

In the car- when I need to run errands, I do it at nap time, so I have an excuse to spend more time in the car listening, haha.

My youngest is 7 months old, and I had a very high risk pregnancy, so especially at the end, I was in the doctors office for hours a couple of times a week, so I would listen while I waited. It helped relax me a lot during a very stressful time!

20. SamSam

SamSam http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

During my daily speed walking and also in the car when driving across the state for work. Can't imagine not having the podcast to listen to!!!

21. ninecrayons

ninecrayons DIS Veteran

Generally, I listen to it in the car while I drive from home in Sarasota to work in Tampa.

During this time, I'm also eating breakfast and watching the sun come up. Usually I switch up to music once I get off the highway near work, to get my blood pumping and be ready for the day! :cool1::rotfl2: