• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

When would you retire if money was not a factor?

I retired at age 52. That doesn't mean I don't work. I find myself working harder now than I did at my official job.

When I was young, my father's advice was find something you love to do and then get someone to pay you to do it. ;)

I feel fortunate that I have a job doing work I truly love. :cloud9: I head a techical unit in the library of the University where I have tenure and also teach for the Dept of Communication. A perfect combination for me :thumbsup2 At 54, I've been in the field for over 25 years and continue to find the satisfaction far outweighs the aggravation... well, most days, anyway :rotfl: Regardless of my financial status, I am happy with the idea of retiring at 67 and continuing to teach or volunteer part time after that. :)

Timely thread...DH is retiring at age 52 in exactly two weeks. We were just sitting in the yard today looking around at all the projects we'll be working on. I no longer work and i told him he'll be surprised how fast the days go by. He's worked at the same company for 33 years and is lucky to get out now with full medical paid and a nice chunk of change in his pocket to do so. House is paid off, DVC is paid off (two most important things, lol) We also plan on traveling a little more outside the school year (have son age 11), i have my sights set on an RV :teeth: He definitely wants to get something part time for something to do, something golf related, i'm sure. I told him, no rush, life is too short, just enjoy the personal time, it truely is a gift. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter