When was your FIRST time? Cruise that is! Ship name & date & itinerary!

This is an easy one!!! July 30, 1998 which was the Maiden Voyage of the Disney Magic!!! Been hooked since then.

MJ

May 2008, 4 night Bahamas on the Wonder. We've been on the Fantasy and did the Wonder again, can't wait for more.

Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamian Cruise for our honeymoon on September 9, 2012. Planning our cruise for our 1st anniversary on The Fantasy. :yay:

I was with on the Maiden Voyage of the Magic, July 30, 1998. There had been a celebrity by invitation cruise a couple of days before that had docked at Castaway, but this was the first trip to Nassau. Lots of problems on that cruise, but by our second cruise in December, 1999 ALL had been fixed. And on that cruise, they announced that the Magic would start 7 night cruises!

January 21, 2011 2-night Cruise to Nowhere on the Disney Wonder (but we already had Dream B2B booked for April 2011).

5 cruises in less than two years with #6 in June 2013 and #7 in the form of a dummy booking. But given the schedule for 2014 so far, #7 might not happen for a while.

November 2002 on the Magic. Eastern Caribbean

The Magic will always be "our" ship. :love:

6/11/2000 - 7 Night Land and Sea package. 3 Nights at the Beach Club and 4 night Wonder Cruise. We only had one child at the time and she was 4. That was our first Disney cruise. We sailed other cruise lines before that one.

4 night Wonder cruise Jan 20-24th 2002, DCL was running a special to fill cabins as people were not traveling much after 9/11/2001. Our cruise in a veranda stateroom for 2 adults was under $1,000.00, and the special allowed us to cruise a 3 night Wonder in the same cat. stateroom in the fall of the same year for all of $99 per person. Total for the fall cruise for fare/taxes/ port fees was about $230.00. :)

First Cruise - Feb 2012, Wonder - Mexican Riviera, already taken #2 - Sept 2012, California Cruise - And its Killing me that I don't have #3 booked yet.

Our first Cruise was on the Disney Dream March 1-3,2012 Bahamian.

We were hoping to try a 5 day cruise, but they seem to be discontinuing the 5 day cruises. So our next cruise is the May 4, 2014 4 day Bahamian on the Dream. 7 Day cruising is a little out of our price range.

First cruise was on RCI's Sovereign of the Seas in October 1997. We sailed to Nassau and CocoCay on a 3-night cruise.

First Disney cruise was on the Magic in February 2000. We sailed to Nassau and Castaway Cay on a 3-night cruise.

Carnival Jubilee when I was 15, so 1993??? SCHEDULED itinerary was Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. We got to Cabo, I don't think I disembarked, though. Then a tropical storm hit, we had to book it out of there and went to -ENSENADA:lmao: They gave out free drinks for 1 hour for the inconvenience. My sis and I and out little clique we were forced to form when NOONE from Carnival showed at the kids club for teens were all served REAL stuff. None of us sent our drinks back. Whole cruise was just one nightmare after another. My sister had a huge pile of pool loungers dropped on her toe by a crew member which required a horrendous visit to the ship Dr. Our room steward who was supposed to keep the peace was found partying with our neighbors by my dad who went looking for him at 5 am after we had tried to sleep since about 2am. . . My dad, who RARELY complains sent a letter to Carnival. We all got coupons for "10% off your next Carnival Cruise" We all still laugh about it and I think I still have mine!

Mine was September of 1998 on the Magic, 3 nights. I don't remember the exact dates, but I know it was early to mid September.

mmouse37 said:
This is an easy one!!! July 30, 1998 which was the Maiden Voyage of the Disney Magic!!! Been hooked since then.

MJ

The magic maiden voyage??!!! That's literally the coolest thing ever. You were an original DCL sailer hehe!

Magic
December 9-16
Eastern Caribbean with Tortola

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

August 1988, Pascagoula MS to Mayport Fl aboard the USS Stark. Not too high on the luxury list, I had to share my "stateroom" with about 40 other guys and the food was pretty blah, but she was a kick to drive. Also did a five week cruise to lovely Guantanamo Bay Cuba, I'll bet that's a port most haven't had a chance to experience.

Oh, luxury cruise? Still have 67 days to my first one of those.

Disney Magic, Western, October 20-27, 2007. Dreamed about that cruise for over a year before we even booked. Was definitely hooked once we actually cruised. Have since been on the Dream (June, 2011) and am booked on the Fantasy (October, 2013).

Ive only been on one cruise. The Big Red Boat in 1998. It was a blast but we had total boat envy when we saw the Magic sitting next to her. That was the year the Magic came out. Next year we will be going on the Magic 15 years later. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter