When in doubt, feed the bear....but not that!!!Day 6- Last day blues

Oh I think I would love the Cape May dinner buffet!
Those decorations are just so impressive. I intend to get back during Christmas time again. We haven't been since 2009. This year it will be October, so we'll get to see some different decorations!

Congrats to Chris!

IMG_3668.jpg

I am walking up that beautiful path right now in my heart and mind. I love jumping into pictures and being there. :goodvibes

What would Chris think of the lights?

Would his reaction lead to the snit of all snits from his mother? ::yes::

Then what happens?

Noooooo, Chris, don't do it!!!
She's good old mom - the one who feeds you!
You don't wanna make her mad. :sad2:

I was all happy about the pizza that's on the way...until I saw the buffet pictures...now...not so much. :laughing::laughing:

Hannah and I spent the day at the pool today with some of her friends (belated birthday party). I took my bathing suit but didn't do any swimming...it was too cold for me today! LOL

Looking at the decorations make me real hungry for some chocolate. I wonder if anyone has ever gotten close enough to nibble a little?

I hope Chris wasn't underwhelmed with the lights. I think they are fab!

Boy, I'm sure glad I had eaten dinner before looking at your updates. Oh, that looks so yummy at Cape May (I do love me crab legs). Glad you and "the boy" could get in early; we're like him...we prefer eating earlier (its better for you too...you don't go to bed on a full stomach :thumbsup2).

Love the BC decorations--very pretty.

I wonder how early they will have that up at Beach Club...I have a feeling i will miss it by a week or 2.

I sense a Cape May, crab leg eating meet in all of our futures!

Love the carousel and my favorite HM was the white one in the snowflake - good catch spotting that! Uh-oh not sure I like the direction your cliffhanger seems to be pointing to! I hope to see the Osborne lights some day!

Oh I think I would love the Cape May dinner buffet!
Those decorations are just so impressive. I intend to get back during Christmas time again. We haven't been since 2009. This year it will be October, so we'll get to see some different decorations!

Congrats to Chris!

Cape May was Good. I love Fall but Christmas is right up there.

Thanks Chris is glad HS is over.:lmao:

I am walking up that beautiful path right now in my heart and mind. I love jumping into pictures and being there. :goodvibes

I will be walking up that path in 11 days. :cool1:

Noooooo, Chris, don't do it!!!
She's good old mom - the one who feeds you!
You don't wanna make her mad. :sad2:

It is amazing what a couple of words will do. :rolleyes1

I'm all caught up! Enjoyed your Cape May pictures! YUM! We loved our meal there!

YAY :cool1: Cape May was good.

I was all happy about the pizza that's on the way...until I saw the buffet pictures...now...not so much. :laughing::laughing:

Sorry !!! :rotfl:

Hannah and I spent the day at the pool today with some of her friends (belated birthday party). I took my bathing suit but didn't do any swimming...it was too cold for me today! LOL

Today was a scorcher. Thursday camp heads to Greenboro for Wet and Wild. I get to drive a van and hopefully chaperone some very well behaved kids. ;)

Looking at the decorations make me real hungry for some chocolate. I wonder if anyone has ever gotten close enough to nibble a little?

I never saw anyone sneak a nibble but I am sure maybe someone has.

I hope Chris wasn't underwhelmed with the lights. I think they are fab!

I love the lights and I could sit there for hours.

Boy, I'm sure glad I had eaten dinner before looking at your updates. Oh, that looks so yummy at Cape May (I do love me crab legs). Glad you and "the boy" could get in early; we're like him...we prefer eating earlier (its better for you too...you don't go to bed on a full stomach :thumbsup2).

Love the BC decorations--very pretty.

I tried to put a warning up. :lmao: Eating late if I am staying up late is one thing but yes I do not like eating and going to sleep soon after - too heavy.
The Boy eats early and then again late. :lmao:

I wonder how early they will have that up at Beach Club...I have a feeling i will miss it by a week or 2.

I would think soon after Thanksgiving the Christmas decorations go up.Not sure how fast they go up.

I sense a Cape May, crab leg eating meet in all of our futures!

That would be a blast- Huge meet for Crab legs- we would have to warn them.:rotfl2:

Love the carousel and my favorite HM was the white one in the snowflake - good catch spotting that! Uh-oh not sure I like the direction your cliffhanger seems to be pointing to! I hope to see the Osborne lights some day!

Having the carousel moving was a challenge. I could spot them but had trouble keeping accurate count. Taking pictures was even harder.

The Lights are great - Well at least most people think so .... :rolleyes1

By 6:30pm we were over at DHS.

IMG_3670.jpg

I walked Chris back to the lights. I was eager to see his reaction. He can be a surly teenager sometimes…….

As I have said I wasn’t feeling the best either.

We get back and as you can see it was a bit more crowded than the night before. He spends a few minutes and basically says

IMG_3675.jpg

That’s it? :eek:

He then began to say that they were just lights and he was ready to go and he did not want to see them dance. :scared1:

I honestly blocked out his voice by this time. :headache:

But he was still talking. And Talking and pretty much being a brat. It was not nice. AT ALL. The complaining went back to Star Tours and how he did not want to stay and so on.:tongue:

But I guess I was feeling so crummy, that I basically went into snit number two.

I unleashed the MOM fury on him and did the thing I should not have done.

I told him he was acting like his father …… and I did not like hearing things like that from his father and I certainly do not like hearing them from him. I called him out on being disrespectful to me, and that he needs to cool before I smack him. I was hot and not in a warm weather way. Being the divorce was fairly recent and not even final I am sure my words stung a little. But he was pushing it.

He was leaving and well so was I. We needed to get over to a new room and get settled and clearly I needed some rest.

Of course as we walk out to the AKL bus stop I see a bus right away for SSR. Perfect now I see those busses. Too bad I am waiting for AKL.

Shortly a bus came and we made our way to our room.

IMG_3687.jpg

Of course the room...

IMG_3686.jpg

IMG_3685.jpg

IMG_3684.jpg

IMG_3683.jpg

IMG_3682.jpg

IMG_3681.jpg

IMG_3680.jpg

IMG_3679.jpg

You can tell that Chris is in a bit of mood by the way he is sitting.

IMG_3678.jpg

Our luggage was brought up and we were getting settled. I took more allergy medicine.

Chris saw how upset I was and apologized, a few times.

I guess I got my point across just how upset I was. :)

We eventually talked it out a bit, but I was just feeling really crummy.

Just then I got a text....

Next Up - an early night or a DISmeet?

You know, sometimes you have to go all momzilla on people. I'm not joking either. There were times when I was a teenager that I distinctly remember needing my mom to tell me I was being unreasonable. Oh wait, that was my brother. :lmao: Well, nonetheless, it still applies.

I'm sorry that you still weren't feeling the greatest. I know that definitely has an impact on everything and any behavior.

You know, sometimes you have to go all momzilla on people. I'm not joking either. There were times when I was a teenager that I distinctly remember needing my mom to tell me I was being unreasonable. Oh wait, that was my brother. :lmao: Well, nonetheless, it still applies.

I'm sorry that you still weren't feeling the greatest. I know that definitely has an impact on everything and any behavior.

Momzilla :lmao: He knew he pushed me over the edge. He apologized ... a few times.. I was was probably Okay if he had just said he was ready to go and it ended there. The turning into his father is what pushed me over the edge and I had to correct that attitude fast. :)

Wow, so much going on in one day.......so many challenges! Easy to understand the snit with the attitude. Not impressed with the Osborne Lights? Really? :eek: Those always cheer me up........even just seeing the pictures of them. :goodvibes

I love the theming at AKL. All of the little details they add. :thumbsup2

What bad timing on getting a text! After your day, and the allergies, and the snit, and trying to get settled in a new room I'm guessing you opted for an early night over even the greatest of DISmeet opportunities........ :scratchin

11 more days!!!! :cool1: After all that happened on this trip, I hope you have a very special and relaxing trip this time around............with no peas and the allergies stay in check!! ::yes:: Can't wait to hear some details and see the pics! Try to spend some time relaxing :beach: and have some fun! I hope you have a safe :car: down!

Wow, so much going on in one day.......so many challenges! Easy to understand the snit with the attitude. Not impressed with the Osborne Lights? Really? :eek: Those always cheer me up........even just seeing the pictures of them. :goodvibes

I think he may have been hitting the wall too. I know I was a Crabby Patty with my allergies acting up but I unleashed on him. Not a crazy screaming banshee but amidst the crowd I told him how I felt. :lmao:

I could sit for hours and watch the lights- The end of the night is best, the place empties out and it is so peaceful, even with the music blaring. :rotfl2:

I love the theming at AKL. All of the little details they add. :thumbsup2

I wish I was there longer. 2 nights was just not enough.

What bad timing on getting a text! After your day, and the allergies, and the snit, and trying to get settled in a new room I'm guessing you opted for an early night over even the greatest of DISmeet opportunities........ :scratchin

:scratchin Pretty good guess but then again.... you would know... ;)

11 more days!!!! :cool1: After all that happened on this trip, I hope you have a very special and relaxing trip this time around............with no peas and the allergies stay in check!! ::yes:: Can't wait to hear some details and see the pics! Try to spend some time relaxing :beach: and have some fun! I hope you have a safe :car: down!

I really need a relaxing trip. I always say that and end up running around commando. Maybe I need someone to remind me to slow down every once in a while. :upsidedow Random texts that just say- SLOW DOWN might work ... :rotfl2:

I will take pictures and I will share.

I CAN DO ONLINE CHECK IN!!!! :cool1:

I hope the drive down is uneventful. I do not need drama on the road. :drive:

My son sounds so much like my ex at times too...It's awful... And the thing is. her really never grew up with him in his life...it's amazing what DNA can do.

Been away for a few days in Vermont...just catching up.

So let me get this straight...you are in Disney World, seeing the Osborne Family Lights for the first time, and your reactions is, "That's it?"

:eek:

Obviously, you need to just starting taking us with you instead. :rotfl2:

My son sounds so much like my ex at times too...It's awful... And the thing is. her really never grew up with him in his life...it's amazing what DNA can do.

Every once in a while I hear it and I just either
a) shake my head
b) laugh
c) correct it and move on
d) none of the above

This was once where none of the above came into play. It just hit a nerve and I was not going to let it slide.

Been away for a few days in Vermont...just catching up.

So let me get this straight...you are in Disney World, seeing the Osborne Family Lights for the first time, and your reactions is, "That's it?"

:eek:

Obviously, you need to just starting taking us with you instead. :rotfl2:

Not Me.... The Boy... Yup I was almost speechless but then he kept talking and I let him have it. :duck: Not so much that he said " that's it?" but the tone and then the continued complaints put me over the edge.

Yup - He is NOT coming with me in 10 days!! :rotfl: He can stay home and work.

I really need a relaxing trip. I always say that and end up running around commando. Maybe I need someone to remind me to slow down every once in a while. :upsidedow Random texts that just say- SLOW DOWN might work ...

You need to watch that old Disney planning DVD that has Dave on it. He was the master of all things leisure. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter