When in doubt, feed the bear....but not that!!!Day 6- Last day blues

Wow I can't believe the extent of the decorations at Ft. Wilderness. We ate at Trails End Buffet New Years Day 2006 and I saw glimpses of decorations from the bus but nothing like that. I should have taken the time to really walk around.

Happy Belated Birthday to your kids. Your daughter is lovely and Chris is really nice looking too. I have to say the hair cut does make him look older. My oldest likes to grow his hair long too, but I like it better some where in between. They really do grow up too fast.

Wow I can't believe the extent of the decorations at Ft. Wilderness. We ate at Trails End Buffet New Years Day 2006 and I saw glimpses of decorations from the bus but nothing like that. I should have taken the time to really walk around.

Since I took the boat, that loop was right near the boat dock. I am sure I could have found more if I was in a wandering in the dark mood or at least had someone to walk with me.

Happy Belated Birthday to your kids. Your daughter is lovely and Chris is really nice looking too. I have to say the hair cut does make him look older. My oldest likes to grow his hair long too, but I like it better some where in between. They really do grow up too fast.

Thank You. I am glad he "fixed " it a little. It was looking like he was already needing hair club for men. :laughing:

The days may be long but the years are short. So true.

:rotfl2:
Kinda. Except I don't think it swings back and forth quite so much.

Next time we will need to go to YeeHaw Bob and do the hokey pokey and " I'll check it out"

You put your backside in,
You put your backside out,
And let us check 'em out...

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Sorry, I've got a little behind. Er, I mean, I've gotten a little behind. ;)

:eek: TMI! TMI!!

The lawnmower tree....I don't think I knew about that until after we returned from our last trip, or else I would have tried to look it up before our Hoop de Doo meal. It's like something out of Ripley's Believe It or Not.

Happy Birthday to your kids!

Next time we will need to go to YeeHaw Bob and do the hokey pokey and " I'll check it out"

You put your backside out,
And let us check 'em out...

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
I'm reeaaalllllyyyyy startin' to worry about you two.......... :sad2:

Love the pics of the kids through the years! Need to get something like that done for the boys! Talk about some classic shots.......... :rotfl2:

I'm reeaaalllllyyyyy startin' to worry about you two.......... :sad2:

Hey he started it!!! :rotfl2: Just a little spring fever I guess. :lmao:

Love the pics of the kids through the years! Need to get something like that done for the boys! Talk about some classic shots.......... :rotfl2:

It is kind of corny but I am glad I did it. :love: Some days I just look at those pictures and wonder where the time went. Some days I miss it and some days days I am glad. :lmao:

There were days that the end of the day could not come fast enough. :laughing:

Your kids are beautiful. I like the idea of the pictures from each year. I can see how it would be easy to look at those pictures and not know where the years went. Chloe is turning 5 in June and sometimes it seems like just yesterday that we were in Vietnam picking her up: not 4 years ago :confused3

So, your daughter is an EMT in our area? I really hope that I never have to meet her in a professional manner :scared:

Nice job finding the lawnmower tree! I love the quirky little "finds" like that. As far as the FW decorations, how can anyone have the patience? I'd be worrying too much about getting to Rope Drop and ADR's. :rotfl2:

Your kids are beautiful. I like the idea of the pictures from each year. I can see how it would be easy to look at those pictures and not know where the years went. Chloe is turning 5 in June and sometimes it seems like just yesterday that we were in Vietnam picking her up: not 4 years ago :confused3

Thank You. As I have said the days are long but the years are short. I was in Target this morning and saw a mom with 2 kids and the young was talking about smarshmellows. I had to giggle, so sweet. I remarked that I missed those days. I do a little. It was so much hard work and exhausting but those memories are the good times. We have good times now and they are officially adults and luckily they often ask of childhood stories so it is fun to share those even if they don't remember them.

So, your daughter is an EMT in our area? I really hope that I never have to meet her in a professional manner :scared:

Matthews Fire and Rescue 3rd shift. I hope you never need her either but if you do, she's your girl.

Nice job finding the lawnmower tree! I love the quirky little "finds" like that. As far as the FW decorations, how can anyone have the patience? I'd be worrying too much about getting to Rope Drop and ADR's. :rotfl2:

I think they start working on those Nov 1st. :lmao: Not sure when they get them all back down and where they actually store them. It is a labor of love that for sure.

There were days that the end of the day could not come fast enough. :laughing:

You could always become an elementary school teacher to recapture that feeling. ;) :laughing:

Chloe is turning 5 in June and sometimes it seems like just yesterday that we were in Vietnam picking her up: not 4 years ago

I had to smile at this. I remember 23 years ago getting my little Korean boy. We only had to go to Memphis, though. They flew him from Seoul to LA to there. The man who brought him said he was the hit of the airplane - everybody wanted to hold him. He was either in a good mood smiling at everyone or sleeping the whole time, he said. The fight attendants got off to come and see the babies (there were a few baby girls, too) unite with their families. One attendant said, "You almost lost him to me!" I will never forget those words. She said he was such a doll the whole time.

Adoptive parents have a special 'bond' in some way, I think, and especially maybe international adoptive parents. There are things you don't think of before the children get here, and there are experiences you have after they arrive and for all of their lives that are unique. Just thinking of you going to Vietnam to get your sweet girl made me smile and possibly feel a tear try to well up in my eye. :lovestruc

As far as the FW decorations, how can anyone have the patience? I'd be worrying too much about getting to Rope Drop and ADR's. :rotfl2:

We talked to one of the ladies that has all those decorations out every holiday. She said they stay at Ft. Wilderness in their camper about six months of the year!

I had to smile at this. I remember 23 years ago getting my little Korean boy. We only had to go to Memphis, though. They flew him from Seoul to LA to there. The man who brought him said he was the hit of the airplane - everybody wanted to hold him. He was either in a good mood smiling at everyone or sleeping the whole time, he said. The fight attendants got off to come and see the babies (there were a few baby girls, too) unite with their families. One attendant said, "You almost lost him to me!" I will never forget those words. She said he was such a doll the whole time.

Adoptive parents have a special 'bond' in some way, I think, and especially maybe international adoptive parents. There are things you don't think of before the children get here, and there are experiences you have after they arrive and for all of their lives that are unique. Just thinking of you going to Vietnam to get your sweet girl made me smile and possibly feel a tear try to well up in my eye. :lovestruc

Ok - this did make me tear up :) It was such a special journey - we made friendships that are irreplaceable. Now, no one on our plane could say that Chloe was a doll on our trip :sad2: Basically 30 hours of travel with a very fussy baby :scared1: She had been such a sweetheart the entire time we were in Vietnam, and then we got on the plane and all bets were off. She will tell you now that Mommy and Daddy came on an airplane to get her and that she cried all the way home. I have never been so happy to see my DM as I was when we landed in Charlotte. But honestly she is the best thing that ever happened to our family. :lovestruc

Pat - sorry I kind of highjacked your thread :flower3:

well jeesh, I thought I posted about your last update but maybe not. A recurring theme with me lately. I think about it, intend to, leave the window open and then...my computer crashes and I forget I never really replied! LOL

FUN update, I love love the fort decorations and really hope to see them live someday. I am thinking there will be some neat Halloween ones out in Oct for the Haunted Carriage ride! Or hoping anyway. Love the picture of you with the balloon, you are just looking amazing these days! Beautiful beautiful kids :goodvibes

You could always become an elementary school teacher to recapture that feeling. ;) :laughing:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: We start counting down the days left for summer camp on the FIRST day. :rotfl2:

:goodvibes

We talked to one of the ladies that has all those decorations out every holiday. She said they stay at Ft. Wilderness in their camper about six months of the year!

I could think of worse places to spend 6 months of the year. :lmao:

Ok - this did make me tear up :) It was such a special journey - we made friendships that are irreplaceable. Now, no one on our plane could say that Chloe was a doll on our trip :sad2: Basically 30 hours of travel with a very fussy baby :scared1: She had been such a sweetheart the entire time we were in Vietnam, and then we got on the plane and all bets were off. She will tell you now that Mommy and Daddy came on an airplane to get her and that she cried all the way home. I have never been so happy to see my DM as I was when we landed in Charlotte. But honestly she is the best thing that ever happened to our family. :lovestruc

Pat - sorry I kind of highjacked your thread :flower3:

No worries - Very sweet I hope we get to catch up with each other soon.

well jeesh, I thought I posted about your last update but maybe not. A recurring theme with me lately. I think about it, intend to, leave the window open and then...my computer crashes and I forget I never really replied! LOL

When the DIS is running slow, I do the same thing and forget where I am because I am bouncing between 3 reports as the others refresh.

FUN update, I love love the fort decorations and really hope to see them live someday. I am thinking there will be some neat Halloween ones out in Oct for the Haunted Carriage ride! Or hoping anyway. Love the picture of you with the balloon, you are just looking amazing these days! Beautiful beautiful kids :goodvibes

I had fun wandering around a bit. Haunted Carriage ride should be a blast!!!

I was a crazy giddy girl when those balloons came in . I couldn't help but play around. I miss that place now- fun place to be. Good news is they actually miss me over there so it is even more fun to go back now. ::yes::

Thanks for the compliments. I feel great and am coming out the funk a bit and the kids are really nice "adults" so all is good. :thumbsup2

I had just walked the loop at Ft. Wilderness, saw some awesome decorations and was ready to leave. It was still early and I had somewhere to be.

I caught the boat because catching any other form of transportation from where I was standing ( the boat dock) would just be silly. :rotfl:

The picture of the Bear at WL.

IMG_2861.jpg

Destination

IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

I walked in just before 8pm and got this far.

IMG_2864.jpg

I was routed right backstage since Main Street was crowded.

I wasn’t sure if I would be stopped taking pictures “backstage” so I walk and clicked. Sorry these are so horrible.

I was really heading towards Adventureland but could not even make it over to that side of the street.

IMG_2865.jpg

Instead of coming out by Tomorrowland terrace, I had the option of continuing on. So I did. Where would I pop back in to MK?

IMG_2868.jpg

Once I am safely back “inside” MK I turn around and snap one more.

IMG_2870.jpg

I turn around and see this.:scared1::scared1:

IMG_2871.jpg

IMG_2872.jpg

About 10 minutes later I am cutting through Fantasyland on my way to Liberty Square.

IMG_2873.jpg

I stopped by JC to see if I needed to get another FP. My darn AP wasn’t working and the cards were not either. The CM and I came to the conclusion that ALL their machines were down. He reported that to his supervisor and hopefully they will get looked at. Then he assured me I should'nt need one later tonight. :lmao:

As I walked completely around the park, I realize I can probably catch Wishes before the meet.
I approach the castle and realize I missed most of the Magic, memories and you show. :headache:

I watch the last little bit and snuggled up with the millions of other people.
There are CMs trying to keep people moving in the walkways. They were trying to do a great job but no one was listening to them.

One CM in particular was hysterical and she tried but knew it was in vain.
She reminded me of Gloria from “Modern Family” with regards to her accent.
Some of her encouragement to people to get moving.

“ Alright guys you can’t stay there, you need to keep moving.”

“ Yes I know the castle is pretty, Please keep moving so others can see it too.”

“ Look Tinkerbell, she how she is moving? You need to keep moving too”

IMG_2876.jpg

Yet another horrible picture of Tink.

“ Pretty colors for fireworks. They also keep moving, Please do the same.”

IMG_2875.jpg

Someday( I really need a snow day for all these plans) I need to put all my pictures in categories so I can find then when I am looking for a specific type.

Theses will be added to the castle category.

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2878.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2884.jpg

Coming soon - A DIS meet!!!

:rotfl2: I am cracking up over the CM's remarks. At first, when you said she was hysterical, I thought you meant she completely lost it. :rotfl2: Yes - the fireworks are moving and you must too! Too funny!

Love the secret entrance. WOOOOOOH on the crowds. :scared1: That looks a little too close for me.

You got some great castle/firework pics. Nice!

Bring on the DIS meet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter