When do school supplies go on sale?

My DD just got out of school last Friday and luckily, she got the supply list with her report card.

Does anyone know if dry-erase markers ever go on sale or where's the best place to get them? I anticipate that being our most expensive purchase. From prior year sales and basic household items I already have (like paper towels, tissues, etc), I pretty much have all of the stuff on the supply list but I will need to pick up a bunch of dry-erase markers (and from experience, she'll need more by the middle of the school year) and some other stuff like Post-It Notes, markers and glue sticks (silly me bought bottles of Elmers glue on sale last year, not knowing that the teachers don't want those.)

Helen

yes they do go on sale and last year Wlagreens had some good deals with them.

Ugh, school supplies. I was just talking to my son about this. When I asked him if he had a list for the fall, he was like aahmom we just got out of school for crying out loud! :rotfl:

I just got an ad in the mail for Toys R Us and they have their annual buy a backpack get a lunch kit free. It says it starts July 3rd. There was also a $10 off $50 coupon on the front of the flier.

Well, you must rate! I got the same thing but my coupon is for $10 off of $100. :scared1: The only time I have ever spent that much at TRU is when I bought both of my boys DSs last year for Christmas. I want a $10 off of $50 one. That's much more likely. I never have thought of going to TRU for school supplies though.

I bought mechanical pencils and black ink pens at Walgreens for 75 cents a pack of 30 this week. They also had the small staplers with staple puller for 25 cents. A few other things also but did not need them. They were on a end cap at the back of the store.

I bought enough for us to last the school year and some to give to the school.

:hippie:

I just saw a Wal-Mart ad where prices are valid from 7/5-7/11

25 cent 70-pg spiral notebook
30 cent elmer's washable glue
30 cent crayola 24-count crayons

Not sure when the sales start, but we were at a Target store yesterday and they had the seasonal dept. all ready for school supplies -- so I am assuming any day now?

Very depressing on the first day of July, BTW......:upsidedow

Thanks for the heads up! I've got 2 in school this year so the sales will definately help. :)

Not sure when the sales start, but we were at a Target store yesterday and they had the seasonal dept. all ready for school supplies -- so I am assuming any day now?

Very depressing on the first day of July, BTW......:upsidedow

Just think of the children where I live. They start the new school year on Tuesday July 7. A lot of the schools are year round.

This past school year I didn't have enough notebooks and fille paper. I was surprised how much DD went through. I'm sure middle school in the fall won't be any better. I think last year by now more stores were revealing their sales?

Any news from any stores doing penny sales?

I just looked at the Sunday ads for July 5th for Staples and Office Depot and neither one has any big sales on basic school supplies. Office Depot has some pens and such but not at any really big savings. Staples is not showing any type of school supplies on sale.

I just get ticked beyond belief here with no list. I know some basic things obviously and get those but then I have to go back and hunt through picked over stuff at full price to get what we need.

I just get ticked beyond belief here with no list. I know some basic things obviously and get those but then I have to go back and hunt through picked over stuff at full price to get what we need.

Have you checked your school system's website?

ok, i saw the wal-mart ad too...it's in today's Parade magazine. .25 70 sheet spiral notebooks, .30 4 oz washable elmer's school glue and .30 24 count crayolas, ad is good 7/5/-7/11. oh, and walgreen's will have expo dry erase markers 4 pack for $1.99, 7/12-7/18.

Our school system doesn't release supply lists either until schedule pick-up which is the 3rd week of August. I complain every year and it gets nowhere. Really ticks me off when we get color specific lists and you have to hunt for a certain color and it's out of stock. Actually had a teacher send me an "invoice" for $.25 one year because she listed a purple folder and I couldn't find one at the store I went to so bought another color until I could get to another store to find a purple - she supplied my daughter with the "correct color" and billed me!

I haven't seen our Local Walmart add and when I look online the ad is saying through 7-4. I might just take a trip to the store to see if they have these sales also.

I haven't seen our Local Walmart add and when I look online the ad is saying through 7-4. I might just take a trip to the store to see if they have these sales also.

i saw this ad today in "Parade" magazine today-the little magazine that comes in my Sunday paper. it's page 5 or 6, i think.

Toys R Us (here in NY) has buy a backpack and get a lunchbox free (up to 9.99). They also have 25% off the Thermos brand Funtainers (they come out to 11.95 instead of about 14.99).

I thought those 24 Crayola crayons went for .20 last year at Walmart?

I bought one box at Meijer (those of you in the are) for .19 and that's all that was left. I saw a lady with a cart full of Crayola on the other end of the store and booked it over there. Sure enough filler paper was .39 and Crayola markers were .79 for fine line and broad tip.

It's a good start for my 2nd grader. She doesn't have a list yet, but I'm going for the basics and then will get anything extra later.

I'll be keeping my eye out for composition books, pencils, glue sticks, pens and etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter