When do school supplies go on sale?

Our school system doesn't release supply lists either until schedule pick-up which is the 3rd week of August. I complain every year and it gets nowhere. Really ticks me off when we get color specific lists and you have to hunt for a certain color and it's out of stock. Actually had a teacher send me an "invoice" for $.25 one year because she listed a purple folder and I couldn't find one at the store I went to so bought another color until I could get to another store to find a purple - she supplied my daughter with the "correct color" and billed me!

WOW! You are nice, because I would have billed her for having me run around trying to get supplies so late in summer.
I am just on a roll today, but if your DD ever gets that teacher again, just get a folder and spray paint it or have your dd paint it purple.
That is just crazy to bill you.

I am going to take DD11 out supply shopping tomorrow for the basics. Then like i wrote before we may have another list when "Open House" is on Sept 2 and we will have 6 days to get what is left.

Oh and most schools around here also want Kleenex, sanitizer, lysol wipes, and zipper bags...at least 2-3 of each of those.

We went shopping for her school supplies at WalMart last week because DD is so excited about Middle School and loves to shop for school supplies. The most expensive items on her list were a scientific calculator (I found a Texas Instruments one on sale for $12) .

In middle school, my kids use the TI 84 scientific calculator which runs $75-125.00. I would have checked with the schools to make sure which calculator is needed before buying one you may need to return. Some middle schools require the graphing scientific calculator.

The middle school where I used to teach required all prealgebra and algebra students to purchase a specific brand for about $25.

In middle school, my kids use the TI 84 scientific calculator which runs $75-125.00. I would have checked with the schools to make sure which calculator is needed before buying one you may need to return. Some middle schools require the graphing scientific calculator.

The middle school where I used to teach required all prealgebra and algebra students to purchase a specific brand for about $25.

Cindy ~

Thanks for the info. I bought the Texas Instruments TI-30X IIS. The list included "scientific calculator with the sine, cosine and tangent button" which this model has. To make sure what I bought is OK I'll give the school a call this week. If not, I still have the receipt and the calculator is still in the packaging.

My DS and DD also needed this calculator but was not required to purchase it until high school. When they took Algebra I at the middle school, they allowed them to use the ones that belonged to the school. I will say however, that it was one of the best purchases I have ever made. DS used it all through college.

Cindy ~

Thanks for the info. I bought the Texas Instruments TI-30X IIS. The list included "scientific calculator with the sine, cosine and tangent button" which this model has. To make sure what I bought is OK I'll give the school a call this week. If not, I still have the receipt and the calculator is still in the packaging.

It is better to just check.. some math teachers only use ONE type of calculator-- sometimes it is the districts mandate, a curriculum set or what the teacher prefers.

My son will use the TI 83 or 84 (graphing calculator) in 9th grade. They used them a bit in 8th grade as well.

i had to buy a calculator as well, but DD11's (6th grade) supply list just said "basic calculator for math". i got a scientific calculator for $10.00 at wal-mart. not a really fancy one, but it's got lots of buttons i don't recognize, lol.

oh, and i have to buy kleenex, paper towels and sanitizing wipes too. next they'll want toilet paper, lol.

For DD10, the middle school requires Texas Instrument TI-30X IIS calculator. It is the approved calculator for state testing in the spring. It will be ok until HS when they will need the more expensive one.

My DS and DD also needed this calculator but was not required to purchase it until high school. When they took Algebra I at the middle school, they allowed them to use the ones that belonged to the school. I will say however, that it was one of the best purchases I have ever made. DS used it all through college.

DD14 is starting high school this year. I just happened to find one of these at a garage sale for $5:cool1:

Staples school supplies sale will start on Sunday! I was in there today catching up with friends, and this is waht I was told. I don't know what is going to be on sale..just that it is starting!

Our Walmart was just beginning to get the shelves stocked. I bought the spiral bound 70ct notebooks for 15 CENTS!!! I use them at work so I went ahead and bought those.
THe crayons and glue was marked 25 cents.

Our Walmart was just beginning to get the shelves stocked. I bought the spiral bound 70ct notebooks for 15 CENTS!!! I use them at work so I went ahead and bought those.
THe crayons and glue was marked 25 cents.

right now our Walmart has the spiral notebooks for .20 each. They've been .05 for the last two years, so I don't know if they will go back down or if this is it with the economy.

Well, went to our local Walmart today.
Only thing was on shelves, or more like a pallet were 15 cent notebooks.
You know they have the bins for glue, etc, all empty. Then 2 ladies were starting to rearrange shelves to put things up later.

Well, went to our local Walmart today.
Only thing was on shelves, or more like a pallet were 15 cent notebooks.
You know they have the bins for glue, etc, all empty. Then 2 ladies were starting to rearrange shelves to put things up later.

Same here. Just starting to put up supplies, but not the crayola crayons I wanted. I think I am going to try another WalMart.

There are only a few things that I need this year!!! I thought I needed the bound composition books for dd but I found 4 brand new ones in the trunk of my car that I got at 90% off at CVS last year!!! I have one of those huge xxl Ziplock bags in my office at ny school full of most of the things dd will need.

Will need a new binder, new scissors,post it notes, and more loose leaf notebook paper. Also some pens because this will be the first year she will need ink pens. We both need new pencils...I only like Bic mechanical pencils!!!

Are the Walmart prices only this week or will the sale continue? Our sales circular states until 7/11, but these seem like the usual Walmart sales prices.

I think Staples and Office Depot usually has next weeks ad on their site by Friday I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter