What's your favorite way to make fruit salad?

It was not unsolicited advice. The OP asked. Look at how many people posted the same thing. Just fruit. God forbid I said it is healthier.

When it comes to the DIS the only problem with 'unsolicited advice' is if it happens to be advice on health.

Actually, OP just asked "What's your favorite way to make fruit salad?"

Which fruits do you prefer?

Do you make it with a dressing?

Do you make a dip with it?

I like watermelon, strawberries, cantaloupe, honeydew, blueberries, red & green grapes.

I've never made a dressing with it but I saw a "recipe" on Pinterest that said to mix a packet of dry vanilla pudding mix into the fruit salad. Sounds interesting.

A friend of mine makes a fruit dip with a tub of cool whip and a couple strawberry yogurts.

Hubby is putting on a Mother's Day BBQ on Sunday. Filet Mignon, baked potatoes, don't know what kind of veggie yet (any suggestions) His mom is getting an ice cream cake but I'm thinking I might want to make a fruit salad too. Guess I'm just looking for different ideas.

No mention of "is it healthy?"
Just an interest of how and what to use to make a fruit salad.

Actually, OP just asked "What's your favorite way to make fruit salad?"

No mention of "is it healthy?"
Just an interest of how and what to use to make a fruit salad.

And God forbid I mention a healthy alternative. DO NOT MENTION HEALTH ON THE DIS.

It was not unsolicited advice. The OP asked. Look at how many people posted the same thing. Just fruit. God forbid I said it is healthier.

When it comes to the DIS the only problem with 'unsolicited advice' is if it happens to be advice on health.

OP asked how you made a fruit salad, not for your critique on how other people make theirs. This thread is now in the running for "10 Most Controversial Topics...":rotfl2:

I'm referring to your posts to the other poster (and the other "general" posts you mentioned on the dis), not the original question.

And I do not agree at all with your last statement.

I'm referring to your posts to the other poster (and the other "general" posts you mentioned on the dis), not the original question.

And I do not agree at all with your last statement.

That's ok. The word "healthy" is like a swear word on the DIS. It's politically incorrect. I'm surprised I haven't gotten points for uttering it.

The best one I've tried had berries, melons, oranges, and banana (so, softer fruits, I guess) The sauce was a berry compote poured over top and sprinkled with powdered sugar. It looked pretty and it was really good. :)

Which fruits do you prefer? Grapes, watermelon, strawberry, mango, pineapple, and melon.

Do you make it with a dressing? Nope!

Do you make a dip with it? Nope! We prefer the flavours of the fruit to mix without any additions.

Our family has made the same recipe forever..in honor of the controversy...I've renamed it...

Totally Unhealthy Heart Attack and Obesity Fruit in a Bowl
2 cans of fruit cocktail
1 jar maraschino cherries
1 can mandarins
2-3 bananas
1 tub of hydrogenated goodness..aka cool whip

Drain all the canned/bottled fruits for 20-30 min (we use a colander). Slice bananas and add the strained fruit. Add cool whip and mix gently. Yum! This is a staple for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner, when fresh fruits aren't in season, but we use it other times as well.

Our family has made the same recipe forever..in honor of the controversy...I've renamed it...

Totally Unhealthy Heart Attack and Obesity Fruit in a Bowl
2 cans of fruit cocktail
1 jar maraschino cherries
1 can mandarins
2-3 bananas
1 tub of hydrogenated goodness..aka cool whip

Drain all the canned/bottled fruits for 20-30 min (we use a colander). Slice bananas and add the strained fruit. Add cool whip and mix gently. Yum! This is a staple for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner, when fresh fruits aren't in season, but we use it other times as well.

I make something similar for holidays. I add some miniature marshmallows to the fruit. After I pour it into a bowl, I sprinkle shredded coconut on the top and add some sliced cherries. It's a very sweet dish, so I only make it on holidays. My family loves it though.

My usual fruit dish is just a bowl full of grapes, melons, strawberries, blueberries, and any other fresh fruit I can find. We don't serve it with a dip, but some of the recipes look delicious. Sometimes I will hollow out half of a watermelon and use that for the bowl.

I do watermelon, strawberries, pineapple and red grapes for my family.
Nothing else on it or served with it.

I like a version of fruit trifle. Bottom layer of my almond butter cake, next layer of custard (homemade or Dr. Oetker mix so I can regulate the amount of sugar), mixed fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, top it off with fresh whipped cream. Yum!!

I like a version of fruit trifle. Bottom layer of my almond butter cake, next layer of custard (homemade or Dr. Oetker mix so I can regulate the amount of sugar), mixed fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, top it off with fresh whipped cream. Yum!!

Oh my, that sounds divine! Do you have a recipe?

We like fruit in every form and make several different types of fruit salads. Usually we just cut up several kinds of fresh fruit and toss them in a bowl together. If it needs a little sweetner, my favorite is honey, grate some lime zest, and then add the juice from the fresh lime.

1 can pineapple chunks, drain & reserve liquids
2 red apples, cut & put in reserved pineapple juice
2 green or yellow apples, cut into pineapple juice
2 kiwis peeled & cut
Any other fruit

Then mix:
3 or 4 Tablespoons of honey
1/2 cup orange juice concentrate

Drain apples & mix all fruit with dressing. Really good!

OP here.

Some of these fruit salads sound so good. I love fresh fruit. I asked a few people that are coming over today for the Mother's Day BBQ if I should make a fruit salad and they all said....eh, probably not we have quite a bit already. So after all that, I'm not even making one today. :confused3 :rotfl: Oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter