What's the longest you've waited for an attraction?

zpbarn01

Mouseketeer
I'm curious to know what the longest amount of time someone has waited in line for an attraction? I've seen the 3 and 4 hours waits for Soarin' and can't believe people still get in line. The longest stand-by I will get in is 60 min. What about everyone else?

Even 60 minutes is tooooo long for me... It has got to have a really good que.

Maybe 40 minutes tops. I always go during spring break. So it's not like I am there during a down time.
I FP a lot .. Plan a lot .... And take breaks mid day. With either pool break or a character lunch...

I've waited 80 minutes twice, once for a ride and once for a meet&greet.

I waited for Toy Story Midway Mania on May 20, 2011, which was the opening day for new Star Tours. The park was INSANE and it was SO HOT. My group of friends decided that we would rather be in the air conditioning for that long and ride something, rather than be in the air conditioning and do nothing.

I waited to meet Mickey and Minnie in their pajamas in the middle of the night on One More Disney Day in 2012. My mom, sister, and I were also in our pajamas :]

90 minutes for BTMRR when it first opened many, many years ago. I won't go standby for any waits over an hour now, and even at that it has to be one of my most favorite rides.

When I was at Tokyo Disney last fall the standby for Splash Mountain was 150 min.:scared1: The line was HUGE. But the single rider line was totally empty. We walked through the line and had less than a 1 minute wait once we got to the boarding area. This was completely jaw dropping for us- people were content to stay in their groups for 2 1/2 hrs rather than go straight on a ride one at a time. Different strokes for different folks, I know, but really???:confused3

About 50 minutes, when Rapunzel was still meeting in Fairytale Garden. It was really unavoidable at that point and the kids understood that they'd have to have patience if they wanted to meet her. They were willing to wait, it was the last day of our vacation, and the weather was good to wait out in the sun like that (high 60s). All in all, it wasn't that bad of an experience, but it's also not one I care to repeat. 20 minutes is the maximum posted time we're willing to wait.

Years ago we waited 90-ish minutes for Soarin', it's a fun ride but not that fun. We typically try to limit our wait to about 40 minutes for any ride.

6 years...from 1963 to 1969, dying to have the Haunted House open at Disneyland. ;) Read up on the History and you will see why. Walt was still alive and it took that long to plan and build. The outside was completed quickly, and every time we'd visit, we'd anticipate it being open the next time. I only got to ride it once or twice at that time, because we moved out of the area the next year.

Because of that, I HAVE to take it in several times each visit and never grow tired of it. Anticipation can be one of the best memories. Swing Walt around the park when I was kid was just magical. I can't go by the spot where I first saw him without still seeing him there with all the little kids around him. I was to shy to go up and meet him personally.

60 minutes, to maybe 60+....not at WDW though, at other parks.

At WDW my group and friends, most of them, decided to avoid the longer waits and do rides that would work in our time frame. We had to meet up with chaperones every two hours, so that created a problem for some ride waits and meant not going on everything, which was no big deal to me.

Waiting in line is not a big deal to me. You can easily entertain yourself and going to theme parks and amusement parks over the years, line waits 30+ is just how it is and is the norm. We didn't have smart phones or anything fancy, but ourselves, to keep ourselves entertained either. Saying that, would I wait 4 hours? No. I have a limit and that is probably an hour and a half wait. *shrugs*

:surfweb:

two and a half hours for soarin, there were 30 of us in a group so we had fun while waiting, heck people were plugging in their phones along the way to charge between times of us moving.

In June 1995, I think I waited 2 hours for Indiana Jones at Disneyland. It had just opened that year, and it was way before Fast Passes existed.

We managed to hit the M&G for Merida at a horrible time and stood in line for about an hour from start to finish. That was testing my patience, but DD was dying to see her... I don't typically get in line if the wait is more than 30 minutes.

In summer '92 we waited 4 hours for splash mountain. These days the longest has been 45 min, but only for popular, slow loading rides like soaring & TSM. Usually we wait 20 min or less. Otherwise we get a FP or come back later.

RnRC, 65 minutes. Posted wait was 15, but something happened and they had to pull a train off and into service, which takes sometime, I guess. Talked with a super nice family from Wales, passed the time quickly.

If the posted wait time is over 20 minutes, no go.

I'm curious to know what the longest amount of time someone has waited in line for an attraction? I've seen the 3 and 4 hours waits for Soarin' and can't believe people still get in line. The longest stand-by I will get in is 60 min. What about everyone else?

The longest we wait in general is 20 minutes for a ride, 40 minutes for a character. Nothing is worth it for us to wait in line any longer. We have waited 45 minutes for TSM but it was simply too long for us.

I have waited 40 minutes in Disneyland Paris 2 or 3 years ago to ride Slinky dog zigzag spin, because the kid wanted to ride it so badly (and you don't argue with a 2 year old :) )

but now 20 minutes is the longest I can bear.
If it's more than 20 minutes (posted) I either FP it or skip it.

I may be a Disney addict, but I'd rather ride twice a C-ticket than wait 2 hours for a E-ticket (actually in those 2 hours it's more like riding several lesser attractions ...) and there are FPs.

The longest we waited in WDW last october was 30 minutes to meet the 7 dwarves during MNSSHP, the rest was basically walk on or 5 to 10 minutes wait during 3 weeks (growing to 15 minutes during Jersey week)

picking the right time, the right park, using FPs, making rope drop and having a good touring strategy virtually cuts lines down to a minimum

I may have waited as long as 30 minutes once or twice, but 20 is generally the most I'll do. If the posted wait is longer with no FP, I move on and maybe come back later. I'm an earlybird, so I usually manage to catch the big tickets when the parks are still relatively empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter