What's the Big Deal With Staying On Property Anyway? *Goodbyes* 12/17 p.114

Another great update Carissa, what a shame about KP, I didn't realise it was so involved to get a phone for it.

Have a great trip. :)

Thanks! I love road trips. :goodvibes

Thanks for the update on KP. We are hoping to try it in Oct so I will be sure to go there first before WS.

That's the good thing about my mistakes - others can learn from them. :thumbsup2

Have a fun trip. Tell your friends hi from me:goodvibes

:rotfl: Will do Jenny. ;) Haven't seen them since they moved!

Have a great trip!!! :goodvibes

Thanks Jackie! :)

While this doesn't help now...they WILL get tired of, outgrow, Pokemon.

I promise.

I don't miss those days though!
But they move on to other card games like Magic. My son, who is now 21, played it into high school and then picked it back up a couple of years ago. He goes to local tournaments now. Does pretty well. He even buys/sells them on E-bay. It doesn't control his life like it does some but he enjoys playing when he gets a chance.

I
First, a couple of pictures from Morocco:

IMG_4802.jpg

IMG_4803.jpg

I love that little store area...it is so cool!

So after Japan, we decided to find a Kim Possible kiosk. I still wasn't completely sure how all of it worked. The CM told us to print out a ticket with our return time. What I didn't realize is that the ticket would also tell us where to check in. And the one we received had has going all the way back over to Internation Gateway - the opposite way we were headed. :sad2:

understnad that feeling...we were in France when we had to hightail it back to Italy and then on to Germany...

So, after a discussion with the family, we sadly decided to skip Kim Possible.

sorry your KPM was a no go...hopefully someone else saved the world that day for you...:sad2:

very clever picture...reminds me of all the masked pictures I took of Mae from our 08 trip! cute!

IMG_5020.jpg

have a great weekend! :thumbsup2

That stinks you didn't get to do Kim Possible. We saw tons of groups doing it when we were in Mexico, but I didn't realize it was so popular you needed an FP for it.

I love the troll topiary! And that is great you got to check out Universe of Energy, I still crack up at Ellen's jokes despite seeing it so many times. You are right though, it's not something you can do more than once a trip, that's for sure!

Cute pin! I can't wait to see the shirt you got :)

Great update! I'm sorry about KP. Your misunderstanding is a great help to all of us that have yet to go though! So, thanks. ;)

Have a safe trip this weekend. I'm so glad you're going to get to see Chuck for a couple of days.

Waiting for the next installment, whenever you have time for it. :)

What a bummer that you didn't get to do Kim Possible. I guess that's something to get a time for earlier in the day.

The reason I posted my update early this week is because the boys and I are hitting the road tomorrow. We're heading to North Carolina to visit friends and then meeting up with Chuck in Georgia for the weekend. It's just a short trip and we'll be back Monday.

Very nice! I am sure you will all enjoy that. Thoughts and prayers for safe travels and good times!

Carissa awesome pics. We did KP when we were there in Jan & it was fun but tiring. We did all seven missions so it was tons of walking. But we did learn after about 4 that you can tell them what country you want. Have a good trip.

Sorry about Kim Possible! I feel the same way as you... I did research it enough ahead of time to know about getting a FP so we had that part covered, but I was surprised to be sent back to Japan (where we had just had lunch) for our mission. I wish we could have done another mission, but the zigging & zagging would have been too much - especially since we didn't want to get too far away from the rest of our group. It was fun, but I think if we do it again, we'll plan to do that as our WS touring plan... maybe catching some of the stuff we miss on another day. :confused3

:( ..missing Off Kilter.. :( Did I ever share the cd I have of theirs with you?

Cute Pooh pix! I like seeing Pooh and Friends back there, it's always been empty & quiet.

I wish they always had those play areas around!

You are so great at the picture taking! Love all the WS ones. I never have enough to time to look around there.

Sorry you didn't do KP...you know how I feel about it now. lol

Your room looked cute when you got back!

I like you new pin!

Cute pic of the boys with their masks!

That's nice you had alone time, but sad you missed the family. Crazy, huh?! lol ;)

"We're heading to North Carolina to visit friends..." It was SO GREAT seeing you!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

We made our way over to Japan so the boys could buy their Pokemon stuff.

Gorgeous pictures, Carissa! I'm really looking forward to checking out the Japan Pavilion this time :thumbsup2 My boys aren't interested in Pokemon, but anything Lego is fair game :rotfl2:

So after Japan, we decided to find a Kim Possible kiosk. I still wasn't completely sure how all of it worked. The CM told us to print out a ticket with our return time. What I didn't realize is that the ticket would also tell us where to check in. And the one we received had has going all the way back over to Internation Gateway - the opposite way we were headed. :sad2:

What a backwards way to run an attraction! :confused3

I knew there was no way we could make it back over there. We still wanted to get to Mexico and Norway and the boys were fading fast. The CM did say eventually that if we couldn't make it over there, we could return back to her and she would give us our stuff. I realized we should have gotten our FP before we even entered the WS. But, even if we had, I don't like the way it works. The WS is a huge area. Who wants to be backtracking all over the place? So, after a discussion with the family, we sadly decided to skip Kim Possible.

Aww, sorry it didn't work out :sad2:

To squelch the boys disappointment, we decided to find the pirate play area.

That looks like so much fun!

I am proud to report that the boys did get their masks completed. Our final mission of the day was to do Ellen's Universe of Energy - another first for us. We loved it! I can't imagine sitting through it many times, but for the first time we were very impressed.

Looking forward to the Ellen thing - anything to do with Bill Nye is an automatic hit here! :thumbsup2

We had quite the treat waiting for us back in our room:

Wow! How much fun is that?! :yay:

I bought this at the gift shop in Test Track:

IMG_4825.jpg

IMG_5020.jpg

That's a neat pin! Great job on the masks! :banana:

You know what though? I ended up feeling very lonely on the boat ride and during my time in DTD. It just felt very odd being without them.

I know exactly what you mean :hug:

Up Next - Kilimanjaro Safaris Comes to a Stand Still

:scared:

But they move on to other card games like Magic. My son, who is now 21, played it into high school and then picked it back up a couple of years ago. He goes to local tournaments now. Does pretty well. He even buys/sells them on E-bay. It doesn't control his life like it does some but he enjoys playing when he gets a chance.

My oldest likes to play to Dungeons and Dragons with Chuck. And he's interested in painting the models for the other game Chuck plays (Warhammer).

have a great weekend! :thumbsup2

Thanks! We did! :goodvibes

That stinks you didn't get to do Kim Possible. We saw tons of groups doing it when we were in Mexico, but I didn't realize it was so popular you needed an FP for it.

I love the troll topiary! And that is great you got to check out Universe of Energy, I still crack up at Ellen's jokes despite seeing it so many times. You are right though, it's not something you can do more than once a trip, that's for sure!

Cute pin! I can't wait to see the shirt you got :)

The reason for doing the FP and sending you to different countries on KP is so there aren't a bunch of people all doing the same stuff through each country.

Great update! I'm sorry about KP. Your misunderstanding is a great help to all of us that have yet to go though! So, thanks. ;)

Have a safe trip this weekend. I'm so glad you're going to get to see Chuck for a couple of days.

Waiting for the next installment, whenever you have time for it. :)

Thanks! We had a lovely visit. :love:

What a bummer that you didn't get to do Kim Possible. I guess that's something to get a time for earlier in the day.

It's definitely something to consider. And if you really want to do KP, plan to work around it instead of working KP around your time through WS.

Very nice! I am sure you will all enjoy that. Thoughts and prayers for safe travels and good times!

Thanks MeMom! We made it home safe and sound after a lovely weekend and beautiful weather!

Sending traveling mercies for your family.

Thank you! :)

Carissa awesome pics. We did KP when we were there in Jan & it was fun but tiring. We did all seven missions so it was tons of walking. But we did learn after about 4 that you can tell them what country you want. Have a good trip.

Wow! You guys are experts on KP now! ;)

Sorry about Kim Possible! I feel the same way as you... I did research it enough ahead of time to know about getting a FP so we had that part covered, but I was surprised to be sent back to Japan (where we had just had lunch) for our mission. I wish we could have done another mission, but the zigging & zagging would have been too much - especially since we didn't want to get too far away from the rest of our group. It was fun, but I think if we do it again, we'll plan to do that as our WS touring plan... maybe catching some of the stuff we miss on another day. :confused3

I think when you have little kids who will get tired from too much walking and you really want to do KP, you have to work everything around KP. We only had the one day at Epcot so it didn't work out for us. Oh well - next time.

:( ..missing Off Kilter.. :( Did I ever share the cd I have of theirs with you?

Cute Pooh pix! I like seeing Pooh and Friends back there, it's always been empty & quiet.

I wish they always had those play areas around!

You are so great at the picture taking! Love all the WS ones. I never have enough to time to look around there.

Sorry you didn't do KP...you know how I feel about it now. lol

Your room looked cute when you got back!

I like you new pin!

Cute pic of the boys with their masks!

That's nice you had alone time, but sad you missed the family. Crazy, huh?! lol ;)

"We're heading to North Carolina to visit friends..." It was SO GREAT seeing you!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I don't think you have shared your Off Kilter cd.

We had such a great time hanging out with you guys! :hug:

Gorgeous pictures, Carissa! I'm really looking forward to checking out the Japan Pavilion this time :thumbsup2 My boys aren't interested in Pokemon, but anything Lego is fair game :rotfl2:

There is so much to see and do in the WS!! After 3 visits, we still have only barely scratched the surface.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're home from our trip! We had a great time and I'll try and post a few pictures later today and maybe another installment. :thumbsup2

I just posted some pictures from our trip on my blog. Here is the direct link:

Will Travel by Foot

The first picture is of my friend Liz's (liznboys) four boys and my three all together. Liz and I have known each other since our oldest boys were babies/toddlers. Every time we get together we take a group shot of the boys. Liz, did you look for one from last time, two years ago? I need to go see if I can find some and post them along with the most recent. :goodvibes

**edited to add**

I found a picture from two years ago (I stole it from you Liz) and posted it on my blog with the most recent.

You could say we had a DIS meet! :rotfl:

I'll get an installment posted tomorrow morning. :cool1:

~ April 2nd, 2009 ~

Woke up the next day around six and it was another "eat breakfast in our room" day. We arrived pretty early at Animal Kingdom and had to wait for them to let us through.

IMG_3028.jpg

We did catch a glimpse of an African bull frog that a CM had with her so we stopped and talked with her for a minute.

IMG_3029.jpg

While we watched the opening show, we noticed there was a photopass photographer standing around. He seemed suprised when we asked for a picture. Guess he's not used to anyone wanting a bunch of people in the background. :rotfl:

12208520000.jpg

The first thing we did was head to Kilimanjaro Safaris. We had opted not to do this ride last trip. We wanted to try and do it in the morning so we'd have a better chance of seeing the animals more active. I don't believe there was much of a wait - mainly just slow moving as they loaded up the jeeps.

We did end up seeing lots of animals! (These are probably out of order.)

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

IMG_3042.jpg

IMG_3043.jpg

IMG_3045.jpg

In fact, the animals were so active, that we continually had to stop because one was in the road. At one point, we were stopped for about five minutes. It was funny to look around and see all of the jeeps just sitting there.

Two short videos of the safari ride - one taken while moving past the hippos and one taken while we were standing still.

With our safari through Africa complete, we decided to try and hit the KidCot station on the Paganini Trail. Once again, the boys wanted to try and complete their passport. However, we told them we weren't going to go to Rafiki's Planet Watch this trip so it wouldn't be completely filled in.

We were a little early for the KidCot so we walked around a bit while we waited.

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

Finally, the KidCot station was open! We needed to hurry because it was almost time for our ADR at Tusker House.

IMG_3053.jpg

Up Next - Happy Birthday to Me...Again?

We love the Safari ride, especially in the morning. My boys are all big animal lovers.
My boys wore that same Goofy shirt on our Animal Kingdom day. Bet we even bought it at the same place:goodvibes

I find that there is no better ride to get stuck on than the safari! Can't wait for your review of Tusker House. I have an ADR for there in October

We love the Safari ride, especially in the morning. My boys are all big animal lovers.
My boys wore that same Goofy shirt on our Animal Kingdom day. Bet we even bought it at the same place:goodvibes

We're all big animal/Animal Planet lovers around here, too. :thumbsup2 I think my stepmother bought that shirt for Owen, but she might have bought it when she was visiting us in MD. ;)

Great gorilla pictures!!! I am so jealous that they were awake for you :)!

I just read about your visit with the gorillas. In fact, I think we posted on each other's TR at EXACTLY the same minute! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter