What's the Big Deal With Staying On Property Anyway? *Goodbyes* 12/17 p.114

Finally all caught up again. :)

Loved the pics. Play areas all looked super cool. LOL @ Pokemon...that is just not ever going away - my 14 year old and his friend that's visiting from NC were playing it yesterday on their DS's.

My 3 yr old has the Buzz Lightyear swim trunks, rashguard, flip flops, sunglasses & towel thanks to my sister-in-law and the sale at the Disney Store! We also have Nemo & Buzz plates and I have the Mickey bag, too!

I love that troll topiary!:rotfl:

Sorry about the KP mission. It was fun to do, but not worth that much walking.

The elephant towel animals are the coolest I think I've seen! What an awesome surprise.:goodvibes

These are so pretty:

IMG_4807.jpg

I bought this at the gift shop in Test Track:

IMG_4825.jpg

Love the kimonos in Japan! They are so delicately stitched and pretty.

I looked at that pin a dozen times in March, but was on a shoestring budget, so I didn't get it. I did get a picture of it, though. :)

Maybe the Kim Possible mission will work out better next time.

While you didn't get to do Kim Possible, you made the right call. Your kids probably would have gone through a meltdown had you pursued that course. I can totally sympathize. When we were there in 2002, my son purchased a dagger in China late afternoon. After the fact, we found out it would be at least three hours before we could pick it up at customer service. :scared1:
We were already tired at that point and the thought of sticking around in the park for three more hours exhausted us, but we did it. We just were not thinking that you couldn't have a weapon in the parks. We could have had it sent to the hotel but since we were leaving the next day, we were afraid that it would not arrive in time. We'll know better next time.

I just thought of something....did I ever thank you for the postcard? Geez I hope I did, but if not, Thank you!

DTD is best shopped in the morning. Sorry you missed the guys. I can't say that happend to me :rolleyes1

Sorry you did not get to do KP! I hear it is fun. Epcot is always so hot. Your pictures made me feel like I was back there. I think I getting the I need to goto disney again fever. I loved the pirate toperies! So cool.

Great update! Sorry you missed Kim Possible. It is unclear how it all works:confused3 You made the right call though. If you picked up your Kimmunicator at International Gateway that would have sent you on a mission to either France or the UK. I love the pirate topiarys! So cute! :woohoo: for actually finishing the masks too! My kids did that a couple of trips ago and loved it.

Geesh - I hadn't even thought about being sent somewhere else to do the mission! Ugh!

Finally all caught up again. :)

Loved the pics. Play areas all looked super cool. LOL @ Pokemon...that is just not ever going away - my 14 year old and his friend that's visiting from NC were playing it yesterday on their DS's.

My 3 yr old has the Buzz Lightyear swim trunks, rashguard, flip flops, sunglasses & towel thanks to my sister-in-law and the sale at the Disney Store! We also have Nemo & Buzz plates and I have the Mickey bag, too!

I am so tired of having Pokemon cards all over the house!!! :mad:

I love that troll topiary!:rotfl:

Sorry about the KP mission. It was fun to do, but not worth that much walking.

The elephant towel animals are the coolest I think I've seen! What an awesome surprise.:goodvibes

I hated to move them - they were so cute!! Glad I got a picture at least. :goodvibes

Love the kimonos in Japan! They are so delicately stitched and pretty.

I looked at that pin a dozen times in March, but was on a shoestring budget, so I didn't get it. I did get a picture of it, though. :)

Maybe the Kim Possible mission will work out better next time.

I only bought maybe 3 pins for myself and we don't buy a lot of souvenirs anyway, so I splurged. Wasn't sure I'd ever be back there for the F & G Festival again.

Next time we'll plan our WS time around Kim Possible - now that we've done all of the countries.

While you didn't get to do Kim Possible, you made the right call. Your kids probably would have gone through a meltdown had you pursued that course. I can totally sympathize. When we were there in 2002, my son purchased a dagger in China late afternoon. After the fact, we found out it would be at least three hours before we could pick it up at customer service. :scared1:
We were already tired at that point and the thought of sticking around in the park for three more hours exhausted us, but we did it. We just were not thinking that you couldn't have a weapon in the parks. We could have had it sent to the hotel but since we were leaving the next day, we were afraid that it would not arrive in time. We'll know better next time.

Ugh! That would be tough. I know we made the right decision at the time. Just wish I would have planned it better. Oh well.

I just thought of something....did I ever thank you for the postcard? Geez I hope I did, but if not, Thank you!

DTD is best shopped in the morning. Sorry you missed the guys. I can't say that happend to me :rolleyes1

:rotfl: Yes, I believe you did. :goodvibes I was surprised that I missed them, honestly. It has made me rethink my desire to go to WDW alone or on a girls' trip sometime. I think WDW just doesn't feel right without my family. I did enjoy that short walk I took around the grounds a day or two earlier. But, being around other families on the boat ride is what really made me miss them.

Sorry you did not get to do KP! I hear it is fun. Epcot is always so hot. Your pictures made me feel like I was back there. I think I getting the I need to goto disney again fever. I loved the pirate toperies! So cool.

I've heard differing opinions on the Kim Possible thing. But, I'd like to try it out ourselves sometime. And join the club! I'm feeling it too. Doesn't help that the boys are always asking when we can go back. :(

I think they have some kinks to work out with the kim possible thing. It's fun and a great idea but you should be able to pick what country you want to do.

we've never managed to finish the masks. They seem to get left at different countries along the way.:rotfl2:

I love what mousekeeping did with the animals in the blinds! So cute!
That's the first elephant towel animal I've seen.

Great update!!! The photos look nice! I like the ones from the WS... I am curious about the Kim Possible -- we saw it, but didn't try it. I wondered. Seems a little more complex and intensive than one might expect? Anyway, I agree with you, it is fun to go off and shop, but when you are along it is weird! ;)

I am glad you liked Port Orleans -- I am curious to get your final reflections on it overall....

Looking forward to more :surfweb:

Great installment, I loved the picture of the kids with the masks, it made me smile and want to make sure Hannah and Christian do that. The towel animals and how the stuffed animals were staged was so cute.

what a bummer about KP but a great recovery with the play area.

While this doesn't help now...they WILL get tired of, outgrow, Pokemon.

I promise.

I don't miss those days though!

I think they have some kinks to work out with the kim possible thing. It's fun and a great idea but you should be able to pick what country you want to do.

we've never managed to finish the masks. They seem to get left at different countries along the way.:rotfl2:

I love what mousekeeping did with the animals in the blinds! So cute!
That's the first elephant towel animal I've seen.

We got very lucky with all of the great things our mousekeeper did for us. :goodvibes

Great picture Carissa! It's really an achievement to get the masks completed!

Love the Mama and Baby Elephant towel animals too... never saw that combo before!

Kathy

Thanks Kathy!

Great update!!! The photos look nice! I like the ones from the WS... I am curious about the Kim Possible -- we saw it, but didn't try it. I wondered. Seems a little more complex and intensive than one might expect? Anyway, I agree with you, it is fun to go off and shop, but when you are along it is weird! ;)

I am glad you liked Port Orleans -- I am curious to get your final reflections on it overall....

Looking forward to more :surfweb:

I have two more park days to get through (Animal Kingdom and Sea World) and then we'll finally get to my verdict on staying on property. :thumbsup2

Great installment, I loved the picture of the kids with the masks, it made me smile and want to make sure Hannah and Christian do that. The towel animals and how the stuffed animals were staged was so cute.

Can't wait to see pictures of them with their masks! ;)

what a bummer about KP but a great recovery with the play area.

While this doesn't help now...they WILL get tired of, outgrow, Pokemon.

I promise.

I don't miss those days though!

There could be worse things - that's for sure. ;)

Bummer about KP, but it's just something you'll have to plan another trip for, right? ;)

Exactly. :thumbsup2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason I posted my update early this week is because the boys and I are hitting the road tomorrow. We're heading to North Carolina to visit friends and then meeting up with Chuck in Georgia for the weekend. It's just a short trip and we'll be back Monday.

Another great update Carissa, what a shame about KP, I didn't realise it was so involved to get a phone for it.

Have a great trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!