What's the Big Deal With Staying On Property Anyway? *Goodbyes* 12/17 p.114

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by carissanboys, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Lifelong_Dreamer

Lifelong_Dreamer DIS Veteran

That is too bad that you did not get to see Off Kilter. :guilty:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

Thanks! I thought that was a pretty creative title for so early in the morning. :rotfl:

We found a total of 3 play areas. I have one more to post pictures of.

Hey Jennifer! Long time no see lady! :goodvibes You read part of my PTR, before I took a hiatus from the Dis. ;)

Yes, I'm still bummed about it. :( I so wanted to see those hotties. :rolleyes1

4. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

I got two each of the Mickey, Minnie, Stitch, and Nemo plates last week. I keep looking at the tray, but I've put it back every time. For five bucks, why can't I just walk to the counter with it? I think it is because we already have some tropical themed items from last year's stuff. I'll be sorry if I don't get it, though, because I'll need to take a tray of something to school and I'll be wishing I had something Disney to take it on. I'm going to keep looking at your picture until I just go back over there and get it probably!

5. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

:rotfl: They didn't have anymore of the Nemo or Stitch plates when I was there. :(

6. DisneyJo

DisneyJo Missing my tags!

Missing Off Kilter is a great excuse to go back :thumbsup2

Those play areas look great, pity they're not there all the time!

7. mrsksomeday

mrsksomeday My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Great installment! I am going to have to research where the Kidcot stations are so we can take Hannah and Christian. I loved the pictures, you have me intrigued by your cliffhanger.

8. winkers

winkers <font color=blue>I was stuck in that position and

I think the cm next to eeyore must have been the inspiration for the character.:rotfl2:

9. pamouselover

pamouselover “Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbo

Catching up! Pick your own pasta looks yummy! So glad I am not the only one to take a picture of the toilets!
    Love the pictures of Epcot.Those topiaries are so awesome. I have to get there during that time.

10. dismagiclover

dismagiclover Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Bummer about missing Off Kilter. Guess it gives you a reason to go back;) Love all the pictures of the Hundred Acres Wood clan. They are so cute:goodvibes Hope you actually get to Norway and Mexico.

11. KathyRN137

KathyRN137 DIS Veteran

So very sorry you missed the lads in kilts... something to add to the "must-do" list for next time!

Sweet picture of Pooh! pooh: Must be all the hunny...

Great bit of luck running into the characters like that!

Hmmm. Kim Possible impossible?? Don't like the sound of that!!

Great to have you back!

Kathy

12. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

Yes, because it's very hard to come up with excuses to go back to WDW! ;)

Definitely! At least the KidCot stations give the kids something to look for at each country and keep them moving. ;)

:rotfl: Yeah, the photopass lady doesn't look too excited there, does she?

Hey stranger! :goodvibes Those bathrooms were so cool!!

I love Tigger! :goodvibes

We had never really ventured into the stores around there and wouldn't have if it wasn't for the KidCot station so it was very cool running into them. :thumbsup2

13. Happydog

Happydog DIS Veteran

Glad you enjoyed Le Cellier, and that you at least got to see Pooh and friends :goodvibes Your photos from England are wonderful, I think it must have been so pretty at Epcot with the flowers and special landscaping for the garden show! :goodvibes

14. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

Oh NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's just wrong that you missed them :(

me. very. sad.

having been spoiled enough to stumble upon them by pure luck and then not having enough time to really listen to them.....

me. very sad. I would have lived, again, vicariouslyl

15. irene_dsc

irene_dsc DIS Veteran

What a bummer about missing Off Kilter when you thought you'd planned it perfectly! We missed most of that side of WS entirely so it's cool to see your pics.

Pooh was cute! We didn't see any characters in WS - but that's ok, since dd was being scared of them, anyhow.

And uh-oh on the impossible Kim Possible...

16. Native NYer

Native NYer DIS Veteran

Caught up! I'm enjoying your tr :)

17. shannon47142

shannon47142 DIS Veteran

fun pictures with Pooh and friends:thumbsup2

18. dddisrunner

dddisrunner DIS Veteran

Oh man that STINKS about Off Kilter! The pictures of Pooh and friends are so cute!!:thumbsup2

19. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

Thanks - it was beautiful. :goodvibes

Sorry - I was pretty sad myself. :(

I learned something from this trip - check the schedule as soon as you arrive at the park. :thumbsup2 It probably wouldn't have made a difference though.

Thanks Jennifer :goodvibes

Thanks! :)

Thanks Diane :flower3:

20. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

I don't have a lot of pictures left from Epcot. I think we were so hot and tired that I was just trying to keep the gang moving along.

First, a couple of pictures from Morocco:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We made our way over to Japan so the boys could buy their Pokemon stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are so pretty:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So after Japan, we decided to find a Kim Possible kiosk. I still wasn't completely sure how all of it worked. The CM told us to print out a ticket with our return time. What I didn't realize is that the ticket would also tell us where to check in. And the one we received had has going all the way back over to Internation Gateway - the opposite way we were headed. :sad2:

I knew there was no way we could make it back over there. We still wanted to get to Mexico and Norway and the boys were fading fast. The CM did say eventually that if we couldn't make it over there, we could return back to her and she would give us our stuff. I realized we should have gotten our FP before we even entered the WS. But, even if we had, I don't like the way it works. The WS is a huge area. Who wants to be backtracking all over the place? So, after a discussion with the family, we sadly decided to skip Kim Possible.

To squelch the boys disappointment, we decided to find the pirate play area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We made our way over to Norway and got in line for Maelstrom. I don't remember how long the wait was, but the line moved quickly and it was cool inside. We thought it was fun - definitely a must do at least once.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then it was off to Mexico to finish our world tour. I was sure I had taken pictures in Mexico, but I can't seem to find them. We had never been inside before and was amazed! San Angel Inn is so beautiful! We enjoyed the fiesta ride.

I am proud to report that the boys did get their masks completed. Our final mission of the day was to do Ellen's Universe of Energy - another first for us. We loved it! I can't imagine sitting through it many times, but for the first time we were very impressed.

When we came out we realized it had poured during our trip back to the dinosaurs. Still super humid. So, it was back to POR we went.

We had quite the treat waiting for us back in our room:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those were my favorite from the trip - so cute!

I bought this at the gift shop in Test Track:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We ended up having dinner at the food court again and it was the make your own pasta for Chuck and I. We got our desserts to go. I decided I would head to DTD by myself this evening to exchange my shirt from Chuck and do a bit of shopping. I thought it would be nice to have some alone time.

You know what though? I ended up feeling very lonely on the boat ride and during my time in DTD. It just felt very odd being without them.

I went to the World of Disney and it was so crazy in there. I quickly exchanged my shirt and found the other items I wanted - postcards, Christmas ornament, and a magnet. I don't think I have any pictures of my purchases, but you'll see the shirt I got in the pictures from the next day.

Back to POR I went to eat my dessert (the apple pie) and hit the hay.

Up Next - Kilimanjaro Safaris Comes to a Stand Still

21. dismagiclover

dismagiclover Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Great update! Sorry you missed Kim Possible. It is unclear how it all works:confused3 You made the right call though. If you picked up your Kimmunicator at International Gateway that would have sent you on a mission to either France or the UK. I love the pirate topiarys! So cute! :woohoo: for actually finishing the masks too! My kids did that a couple of trips ago and loved it.