What was/is your First Dance song?

"Could I have this Dance" by Anne Murray....ok, I was married in 1983, but still wanted to post! :thumbsup2 (And yes, after 28 1/2 years, we are stll together!!) :goodvibes

"Could I have this Dance" by Anne Murray....ok, I was married in 1983, but still wanted to post! :thumbsup2 (And yes, after 28 1/2 years, we are stll together!!) :goodvibes

Of course you still count!!:goodvibes Congratulations on 28.5 years!! Maybe you will have a Disney Vow Renewal for your 30th?? :cutie:

DH didn't want a first dance.... boo!

However he sort of got badgered into it when we were on Commanders Terrace. We had 'Once upon a dream'. I'd always wanted that as my first dance since I was a little girl.

DH also got badgered into a dance at our at home reception. There we had 'Can you feel the love tonight'. It was a rush job because our we didn't realise our DJ had Disney songs. I had chosen somthing else, can't remember what though and when I found out he had Disney songs (he played nothing but for the first part of our reception!) I picked the first one that come into my head. In hindsight I wish I'd have chosen 'Kiss the girl' Oh well. ;)

Wedding First Dance - In My Life by the Beatles

Vow Renewal First Dance - Jersey Girl by Bruce Springsteen

"Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbiet Calliet

Ours was "The Way You Look Tonight" - we found a duet version by Westlife feat. Joanne Henley. I really wanted a duet and a classic song so this was a perfect choice for us.

Ours was "The way you look tonight" By Frank Sinatra. My hubby wanted a classic older song. We listened to many versions but in the end we had to stick to Old Blue Eyes!

"Picture in a Frame" is Tom Waits magnum opus. We were thinking of incorporating this song in our ceremony next January if we can find the sheet music.

Do you mind me asking if you played the actual song, or had a musician cover the song?

Good to see another Tom Waits fan!!:goodvibes This song has very special meaning to us, so we incorporated it into both our ceremony and our reception.

Our harpist played it while guests were being seated for the ceremony.
Our DJ played the original TW version for our first dance.

We did not have the sheet music for our harpist. We emailed her the Youtube link & she listened to it and was able to figure it out no problem :) She was actually able to do that with a few other "less common" songs we asked her to play!

Ours was "Suddenly" by Billy Ocean but we also danced to "Could I Have This Dance" later on in the evening. That was in 1986--just celebrated 25 years in Sept!

BTW, in ref to your location--I'm originally from N Tonawanda

"The Luckiest" by Ben Folds

"And in a wide sea of eyes, I see one pair I recognize, and I know that I am the luckiest"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter