What restaurants do you regret eating at?

50's Prime Time was our worst experience in recent memory. The food was just so-so and the service was awful. We won't be returning there anytime soon.

I am surprised to see the Wave on this list. Our meal there last year was really excellent. However, we did find the whole atmosphere just uninteresting in general, so no one really votes for it to go back this year.

Our regret is Biergarten. it was SO loud last year! We were seated with strangers, who were nice but it was so loud that we could not make conversation and it was just awkward for everyone. the tables had gotten closer together -- even my rail thin sons had troubles getting in and out of their seats. Their fingers were getting pinched between the seats... None of the food was very good. Nothing was gross, just not very good. I like German food and love German bier, but we could not wait to pay our bill and get out of there last year. Seriously though, if they had just turned down the volume, it would have been better.

ABC commissary. Worst food in the whole wide WORLD !!!!!

:scared1:

ESPN Club

The first time I went there, they were not very accommodating towards vegetarians. I asked if they could make the pasta without the meat in it, and they said no...which was weird because any restaurant I ever go to never has a problem making pasta without the meat. They also couldn't make any of the salads without the meat. And they also didn't have veggie burgers. So my only option was the veggie sandwich which I really didn't want.

When we went to Disney a couple weeks ago, my friends really wanted to go to the ESPN Club. I really didn't want to go since I knew I had to have the veggie sandwich which I really didn't like the last time. But I ended up giving in and figured I could always pick up something afterwards somewhere else. Anyways, we were a group of 6 adults and a 2 year old. We told them we were a group of 7. When they called our name to be seated, they pointed to 2 tables of 4. We were like "ummm, what's this all about?" They told us we had to sit at separate tables. We told them that we wanted to sit together and they told us we couldn't. I don't understand why they wouldn't ask us ahead of time if we didn't mind being separated. They just assumed we wouldn't mind sitting at separate tables. And then when we asked if we could at least push the two tables together, they said we couldn't because both tables had separate servers. So we spent that meal with girls sitting at one table and boys sitting at the other. It was so dumb. I think I'm done with that place.

Via Napoli. Horrible service, inauthentic food (call my Nona - she can tell you how to make gravy for spagetti that doesn't take like Chef Boy Ardee), and our fried appetizer platter had risotto balls that were raw in the center. Awful.

Its interesting, because while I don't "regret" any table service restaurant, looking back on most trips I don't see the "value" in it as much. So for example, while we did enjoy Biergarten b/c my toddler could dance, and Cape May for a great character breakfast, it still feels like a lot to spend. Some of our counter service meals, on the other hand, felt like an exceptional value. I LOVE eating at the counter service in Mexico, in the new covered pavilion overlooking the water. Great margaritas, good food, beautiful, relaxing, shaded...it doesn't get better than that for me, and even with margaritas we still spent a lot less than the TS restaurants.

Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace definitely aren't my favorite places to dine, but my boys love the Pooh Characters so we're going to CP this next trip. Haven't been to CM in years.. It's easy to see Mickey, Minnie, etc. especially at Epcot.

My DH & I really enjoy the 50's PT - the food is really good and the servers have always been great. We also really love the Tusker House breakfast..

Our only real regret was Teppen Edo. We waited over an hour to be seated we were then rushed out. We have MUCH MUCH better hibatchi restaurants locally. At the time I was really upset because I had cancelled Le Celier for TE but after actually trying LC it softened the blow since LC is ok just not wonderful.

Oh wait I almost forgot Chef Mickey's! We did it for Christmas dinner last year and the food was so gross we all left hungry! The kids liked the characters though. I knew not to expect much from the food yet I still left disappointed.

So our least favs and ones we won't give a second chance to are:

Tony's Town Square = bad table, bad service, bad food

Chef Mickey's = bad table location, not into buffets that much and it just didn't live up to the hype for us, not sure we regret going but won't be going back

I completely agree with you 100%!! Tony's is by far the WORST meal we've had in our 10 day trip. This is at the top of my son's list too. When i asked which restaurant was the worst, right away he said Tony's. Tomato sauce is AWFUL. Their meatball isnt edible. Awful taste. I had to spit it out into a napkin. You'd think their meatballs would be good considering the movie Lady & the Tramp. Also, Chef Mickeys is a close 2nd. Not as bad as Tony's, but bad enough for me to say i'd never go back. The food quality and selection was bad. Funny, going in there i thought "its kinda hard to screw up breakfast". But boy, they sure managed to screw it up! The food wasnt even warm, it was lukewarm.

For me the only place I can truly say I regret eating at was ABC Commissary. It was the most absolutely miserable, pathetic, and horrendous dining experience I have ever had in my life where I exchanged a legal currency in order to eat it. The cuban sandwich (thankful now off the menu) was horrible, and the burgers were not much better.

I also was very dissapointed in Le Cellier, but wouldn't say I regret going there. I just made the mistake of believing all the hype that this was going to be some incredible out of body experience that would be such a euphoric moment in my life. It turned out to be a slightly better than average steak much along the quality and likes of an Outback.

What makes Le Cellier a lasting memory of disappointment though was where we were seated. Right next to the entrance to the restrooms and between the server station for credit cards and the other server station for silverware. Constant sound of flushing, clanking of silverware, and servers complaining about tips and guests and thinking they were out of ears way was not a great experience. The worst though was the manager, when asked politely if we could seat elsewhere was told, "there is no where else, you will need to sit here or make another dining choice elsewhere".

WOW what an experience!!! Thats horrible. I can see why you dislike the place. Im with you on this. I am not a big fan of Le Cellier either!! When i tried the very oh so famous soup, I thought to myself "what the heck? THIS is the famous cheese soup??". I couldnt believe it! Sure im Canadian, but i can honestly say i've had better soup at my local sandwich shop. I just didnt care for it. The pretzle bread isnt anything to write home about either. Again, we have far better bread at our local steakhouses in Toronto. And the steak at Le Cellier was VERY disappointing. Tasteless and fatty. My son didnt even care for the burger much either. And he LOVES LOVES LOVES burgers!!!!!!! We wouldnt go back.

Last but not least...1900 PF DINNER. Although i ADORED the characters very much and i thought they were HILARIOUS, I absolutely hated the food. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE selection of food. WOW! Never again. But im glad i went for the characters thou.

Any night could be off for service or server,(everyone will have a bad day)so I'll exempt service and look at food and atmosphere. For us Wispering Canyon could not be any worse for dinner. It's like having a picnic in a tornado.(Blessings to anyone involved in this years storms). We love HDDR, much better food. 50's prime time does not cut the mustard for this family. The kids(DS:dance3:17)just don't get the 50's. The 60's yes but not Donna Reed. They actually think the wait staff is rude!! Also, Ohana should be avoided. Much better interactive meals available.

I regret eating at the Wave for lunch last January. The food did not taste good and I found a human hair baked into my potatoes. Also, people across the restaurant were returning their drinks because they had been served in dirty glasses. Not a fond memory!

Coral Reef.

I honestly felt that if I reached into the aquarium and pulled something out and ate it raw, it would have been an improvement to the garbage which I was served.

The Wave...sucked!
Tony's...sucked more!
Yachtsman Steakhouse...sucked the worst!

Dishonorable "nostalgia" mention of the old Italian restaurant in Epcot....because it too sucked!:rotfl:

So if I understand you correctly your saying these places sucked. :rotfl2:

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the best laugh i've had in a long long time. You guys are HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2::lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

You may not want to jump on the "cancelling train" just yet. ;)

Agree! :thumbsup2 Coral Reef was my FAVORITE restaurant as a kid (Sci-Fi as a close second) but I haven't been to it as an adult, so I can't comment. But, I will say, I like Pecos Bill's :confused3 It's a must-visit every trip for me and DBF!

We love Marraskesh. Its my husbands must do restaurant at Disney. That said you really have to be up for the food. It is very ethnic and includes spices we might not use regularly at home.
That is what I was hoping for when we went. I'm a big fan of various ethnic foods and I especially like Indian and African flavors. Boma is my favorite restaurant in WDW.
But the dishes we had at Marrakesh were bland and boring, not to mention poorly cooked.

I see CM's listed a lot...hopefully it will be good when we go. I am trying not to hold anything up to too high a standard. We like buffets so we booked CM's and Trail's End (we like good American food, we're a little picky! Chicken, steak, potatoes, etc...) Hopefully these will all be decent for us!

Planet Hollywood (wanted to enjoy the atmosphere! Plus you get the $15 voucher, so we will pay OOP for this, we have dining plan for rest)

Chef Mickey's
Le Cellier (lunch)
Yachtsman
Trail's End
Beaches & Cream (or at least we plan on eating there...not sure if we'll use DP or pay OOP)

1. Coral reef. yuck yuck and more yuck at this place

2. 50s prime time

3. Cali grill ( used to really like it here but not anymore)

4. Artist Point. Felt like I was in the twilight zone here last month. The food was too artsy or elaborate. Biggest reason, wayyyyyy overpriced (we pay cash, no dining plans)

Our first night at the Grand Floridian we just wanted a quick meal so we tried Gasparilla's. How could such a fine hotel have such lousy hamburgers? I nearly broke a tooth on some gristle/bone -- in the ground meat.

On the other hand, we've had great food at several other restaurants mentioned by PP's. Sounds like every place has an "off" night now and then. Maybe even Gasparilla's. shudder.

We had a less than stellar meal at Jiko-a huge disappointment after hearing how fabulous it's supposed to be. Had the Beef Bobotie Roll-the highlight of the meal. The beef short ribs had a very small portion of potatoes, and very few veggies. For a $35-40 entree, I expected more. While it tasted good, it was not outstanding. I don't remember what dessert was and our waiter kept talking about how expensive his son's college tuition was and seemed to be requesting a big tip. He must of talked about it for 8-10 minutes-too long in my opinion. We might give Jiko another try, but only for a meal of appetizers. They seem more interesting to me than the entrees anyway.

Thanks for asking. Thankfully no! :cool1:

Our list is:
California Grill
Whispering Canyon
Mama Melrose
Teppan Edo
Biergarten
Kona
Crystal Palace - dinner
Le Cellier - lunch
Les Chef's du France
Wolf Gang Puck
Grand Floridian
1900 Park Fare - breakfast

Just got back last Saturday and have to say PLEASE DO NOT GO TO Chef de France. Service was horrible (rude), for was not great, and overall just not worth my time again. Our children ar 13, 10 and 3 are are great eaters, they even thought the food was not worth it. Whispering Canyon was overall fun (3 year old loved it), but if you are ordering the skillet be prepared for alot of meat and not much else(some corn and potatoes) Good but alot of meat to eat after a long day in the heat.

Thanks for asking. Thankfully no! :cool1:

Our list is:
California Grill
Whispering Canyon
Mama Melrose
Teppan Edo
Biergarten
Kona
Crystal Palace - dinner
Le Cellier - lunch
Les Chef's du France
Wolf Gang Puck
Grand Floridian
1900 Park Fare - breakfast

Just got back last Saturday and have to say PLEASE DO NOT GO TO Chef de France. Service was horrible (rude), for was not great, and overall just not worth my time again. Our children ar 13, 10 and 3 are are great eaters, they even thought the food was not worth it. Whispering Canyon was overall fun (3 year old loved it), but if you are ordering the skillet be prepared for alot of meat and not much else(some corn and potatoes) Good but alot of meat to eat after a long day in the heat.

Oh dear! :scared1:

DD chosse there & Le Cellier for her b-day meals b/c she is taking French.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter