What restaurants do you regret eating at?

Not sure if I mentioned it here or on another thread, but neither me nor my fiance' would ever go back to Mama Melrose. We both had completely different meals, and couldn't find 1 thing to rave about.

If there was some kind of revamping of the place, we may revisit it again. Last time we were there was 2010.

Paradiso 37 at DTD. The service was ABYSMAL and the food was not nearly as exciting as the menu made it sound. I am just glad my toddler didn't have a meltdown or a fit at the table there.

With as often as menu's change and staff change, I would have a hard time saying "I will never go back" I have had great meals at Ohana, but it comes up time and time again. I loved Coral Reef the last time (March 2011) I went and can't wait to go back next month. I think people fail to understand that buffet meals are going to be just that, a buffet. Any place you go, including WDW, you are going to observe messy food areas, people being unsanitary, bland food etc...

I am going to Coral Reef, Ohana and Chef Mickey in about a month and cant wait !!!:banana:

Not sure if I mentioned it here or on another thread, but neither me nor my fiance' would ever go back to Mama Melrose. We both had completely different meals, and couldn't find 1 thing to rave about.

Could not agree more. Last time I was there, I had an expensive strip steak that was a full one-third gristle. But that was OK because the 6 pieces of penne pasta that accompanied it sure filled me up. ;)

That was our second and final try for MM.

We've also tried H&V (never again) and Sci-Fi, which was horrible and we've never been back. Strangely, we've eaten at Tony's 3-4 times and enjoyed it every time, but we never order dishes with red sauce, so that may be a factor.

Via Napoli was quite tasty but so outrageously overpriced that we joke about it still today. We'll eat elsewhere unless we have the dining plan, thank you very much.

We ate lunch at Akershus and I really hated my salmon burger. The restaurants where we live make a salmon burger with a whole piece of grilled salmon, but this was actually a ground, fried, patty. Just wasn't what I expected and was fishy. Everyone else was happy with their choices.

I know that Magic Kingdom doesn't have the best Counter Service Options, but Cosmic Rays was the worst even with the toppings bar. The burger was pretty much a Hockey puck and seemed to be under a heat lamp for a while even though I had to wait for it a few minutes.

Chef Mickeys YUCK YUCK !!!
The food is gross and they pack you in there like cattle!

I would not go to Chef Mickey's again, over hyped and mostly I agree with you.

Also a never again for me would be Tony's Town Square. And I'd be hard pressed to try ESPN again after getting food poisoning from the pulled pork.

However.... on my last trip I tried a place we'd had a bad service experience at many years ago and hadn't returned but this time around was perfect... Rose and Crown.

And we tried San Angel Inn which gets a lot of bad reviews but our food was really good.

So who really knows.... :confused3

We are toward the end of our trip and there are two restaurants I won't return to.

Chef Mickey was awful, food wasn't so great - they got rid of the toppings for ice cream there use to be so now there are just two. It also took us 40 mins to be seated and our waitress was awful.

Kouzinna was nothing special, we had breakfast there and I didn't care for it.

I would not go to Chef Mickey's again, over hyped and mostly I agree with you.

Also a never again for me would be Tony's Town Square. And I'd be hard pressed to try ESPN again after getting food poisoning from the pulled pork.

However.... on my last trip I tried a place we'd had a bad service experience at many years ago and hadn't returned but this time around was perfect... Rose and Crown.

And we tried San Angel Inn which gets a lot of bad reviews but our food was really good.So who really knows.... :confused3

We really want to try this one on our next trip would you recommend lunch or dinner?

We really want to try this one on our next trip would you recommend lunch or dinner?

For the San Angel Inn. I would do lunch mainly because it is cheaper. The food there is not amazing but the atmosphere is awesome and this is one of my favorites at WDW.

I have been entertained reading this thread. It is always interesting to see other people's opinions. In all of my trips to the world I can't remember having any bad food experiences so it is interesting to see what other's experiences are.

It's also funny to see some people slamming certain restaurants that other people absolutely rave about. This thread is definitely the epitomy of the old adage "You can't please everyone".

I know I may get flamed for this one but I was soooo looking forward to trying this place and it didn't turn out too good...Sanaa.:guilty:

It started out good, we ordered the bread service which is a home made naan bread with a variety of dips. While the bread was really good it was drenched in oil or butter which I didn't expect (and it didn't need to be). We only liked one of the dips because the others were very spicy (the server said one was like tzatziki sauce), no it wasn't, it had cayenne pepper in it...

I ordered the salad sampler which was ok and then a chicken salad for lunch. I'm not big on dark meat chicken and didn't know it was made with dark meat and the lettuce was drenched in dressing (I know I should have asked for it on this side but didn't realize how it was prepared).

Our server was very vague about a lot of things. Here answers were "spicy" and "not too spicy"...:rolleyes:

DD had the kids burger which was too well done. And the chocolate cake for dessert was tiny and when I asked if it was served with fruit sauce she said it was on the side, no, the cake was on it, ugh!:rolleyes1 (that killed it for dd)

This meal was a big disappointment especially after reading so many good things about it. We were originally supposed to go for dinner but we wanted to dine so we could see the animals. Maybe we should have stuck with dinner.:confused3

Chef Mckey's. It was loud, dirty and the food was awful. We even figured it was just a bad might after seeing how many people love it. So we tried it again....same thing...only the second time Donald was downright rude to us!
ABC Commisary. Just awful food. I'd rather have McDonalds (and I ate McDonalds).
Tony's. The food was just blech. I even tried DH's and his was blech too.

I have 2. It's weird because for both places I've been there twice and the first time was great, hence a return trip! The 2nd times, however, were dissapointing to say the least.

1-Cape May. Which now that I think about it, I've been there 3 times. 2 times in the same trip and 1 4 months after that. The first 2 times I loved it! The last time was soo blah. The worst part was when we got our bill and the prices had been raised since the previous time. I was sooo upset. I will never even bother trying to eat there again, I felt ripped off.

2- Cheft Mickey's. The first time was fantastic! We all loved the food and couldn't wait to go back. The following year (this past Jan. to be exact) it felt no where near as good as the last time. We had 3 adults who had eaten there before and we all agreed that it wasn't as good. I don't know what changed but we were all sad to feel that way. It was not worth the money to us.:sad1:

I have 2. It's weird because for both places I've been there twice and the first time was great, hence a return trip! The 2nd times, however, were dissapointing to say the least.

1-Cape May. Which now that I think about it, I've been there 3 times. 2 times in the same trip and 1 4 months after that. The first 2 times I loved it! The last time was soo blah. The worst part was when we got our bill and the prices had been raised since the previous time. I was sooo upset. I will never even bother trying to eat there again, I felt ripped off.

2- Cheft Mickey's. The first time was fantastic! We all loved the food and couldn't wait to go back. The following year (this past Jan. to be exact) it felt no where near as good as the last time. We had 3 adults who had eaten there before and we all agreed that it wasn't as good. I don't know what changed but we were all sad to feel that way. It was not worth the money to us.:sad1:

Unfortunately we've had similar experiences with Chef Mickey's, so much so we completely stopped going. I think it's so overpriced and over rated. When dd was little we went a few times and enjoyed it but it just really went downhill service wise. I think the characters are spread "too thin", too much to cover, as are the servers, it seemed that way the last few times we were there. Food is right there with that "spread too thin" and not too good...:sad2:

The Luau dinner show. I was warned but thought it would be a fun evening. Long wait to get in, and then the food is served as quickly as possible, and not good food at all.
It was like the servers were in a race and had to sling out the food as fast as possible. Terrible service, bland food, crowded tables, herded in like cattle. Never again.
I'm on the reguar dinning plan and many of the places i wish to try are getting bad reviws. Okay so what places are good enough to eat at? by the way i don't do expensive table service resturants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter