What restaurants do you regret eating at?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by KatieCollette, Jun 2, 2011.

1. n2mm

n2mm aka WALTSGIRL

Hollywood and Vine (TS)

American Pav. @ EPCOT (CS)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cinderellamom123

cinderellamom123 Mouseketeer

VIa Napoli
    Tuto Italiano

Second place would go to Teppan Edo

4. nicki.momof3

nicki.momof3 Addicted to Disney Vacations

So agree - the food is horrible. The booths are way to small for a family of 5 and there is not room for the characters to interact with the kids and for people to walk by - narrow walk way.

The only good thing about it is seeing the sights change.

Will NEVER return.

Runner up is Chef Mickeys - the birds flying around over head gross me out. I know the food has a cover on it ut still - YUCK. I just imagined one flying by and dropping on us of the food.

The food was also boring and the character interact was so quick and rushed.

5. RAPstar

RAPstar <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=darko

I wasn't a fan of my lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. It was pretty generic. Maybe if I had tried the pot roast instead. I would try it again, but not for a while.

6. KatieCollette

KatieCollette Once upon a time...

We are thinking of staying at CSR for our next trip, but we've been rethinking that since hearing so much bad stuff about the dining options here! We like to eat at the resort a lot, and this isn't to promising!

7. Tink-RN

Tink-RN Team Hernandez

Chef Mickey (Great charatcers but that is about it)
    Coarl Reef (Was much better in 2007 but down hill since then)
    Beaches&Cream (overpriced for burgers)

I notice the resorts make the food fresher than CS in the park, nothing worse than a lukewarm burger and fries. Also the desert options at the resort are much better.

8. princessSunshine

princessSunshine Mouseketeer

Boma - desserts were the only good thing, they were awesome and would only go back there just for the desserts! :thumbsup2

9. Totoro

Totoro Mouseketeer

Le Cellier: The food was overrated. It didn't live up to all the raves that people gave it. We found it to be just okay.
    Akershus: This used to be our favorite restaurant. Our last few visits the adult food was really salty. The kids meal was so bland that I my DS wouldn't even touch it.
    Yak and Yeti Counter Service: I am not sure what we ate was Asian food. Dry chicken nuggets with sauce dumped on it.

10. lupp2217

lupp2217 Loving Disney

Chef Mickey's Dinner

The Bad=food :eek:, character interaction (finally gave up on Minnie), and the birds (terrified DD:scared1: & and I didn't care for them either.)

The Good= Server (She was busy, but was friendly.) :)

11. Kim1964

Kim1964 <font color=teal>Was intimidated by her bug, but d

ABC Commissary is absolutely the worst food on Disney property. Nothing would ever induce me to eat there again. That's really the only one I regret. There are others we won't return to because the experiences were just so-so and Disney food is too expensive to settle for so-so.

12. Kate716

Kate716 Mouseketeer

We only have one on our "never again" list:

Tony's Town Square- We had an awesome breakfast here back in '99, but that is the only good meal we've ever had. Tried dinner a few years back and hated it. Decided to give it another try for our March trip this year - now we will never go back again -ever. Restaurant was freezing, apps & dinner entrees were inedible, desserts even worse - and we had low expectations at that point! Only good thing about this last try was that our server was super nice.

13. Disneyliscious

Disneyliscious DIS Veteran

Chef Mickeys. I will never go there again. The food was "ok" but I felt like I was in a hospital cafeteria. Ordered my sons 16th birthday cake 30 days prior, all kind of communication (emails, phone calls). It was an extravagant HM cake. We were served a round cake like you get at WalMart (no joke) with a screen print of HM on the top. I was LIVID. The cake tasted godo but it was not even remotely close to what I ordered. There are pics of it on the cake thread somewhere.

14. LovinmyDisneylife

LovinmyDisneylife Mouseketeer

Sci Fi Dine-In... Food and service was terrible.

15. vicb

vicb DIS Veteran

Oh yea, I almost forgot how bad our breakfast was there once... yup won't give that another try. Too many other good places to eat.

16. GeorgeG

GeorgeG <font color=blue>Stumped for 2005<br><font color=r

Yes, Tony's used to have a really nice breakfast way back when. With very few exceptions, breakfast has become no-existant in the parks. Lunch at Tony's has always been less than what you might expect. Maybe they should go back to their really good breakfast and run it until noon and turn it into a really good italian deli and bakery the rest of the day.

17. 323sarg

323sarg Mouseketeer

Here are ones I would NOT do again

Liberty Tree--- Food was avg (I can work a microwave too)

San Angel-----Without being crude, lets just say I had to keep close tabs on where restrooms were located afterward.

MaMa Melrose---Gave me heart burn so bad I had to drink like three cokes to shake it.

Spirit of Aloha---HATED IT:sad1:

Fultons----Bland seafood, bad service, EXTREMELY over priced even by Disney standards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now my over rated list:

CRT--Just not what it used to be and over priced. Keep the pictures and bring back the AWESOME prime rib.

LeCellier-- Its good but over rated, I would rather Yachtsmen's

18. TinkandGoofy'sMom

TinkandGoofy'sMom DIS Veteran

I think almost anything is worth trying once, however once is enough for some places. We've really enjoyed almost every meal at WDW, even the CS. Only one place really stands out as one we won't be in a rush to go again, and that is Whispering Canyon. It was just ok. If we stayed at WL we'd probably try it again, just not order the skillet.

19. cajunprincess

cajunprincess DIS Veteran

Like someone else said, I don't regret in anywhere I ate, but I wouldn't go back to Crystal Palace or Hollywood & Vine. I also probably won't go back to CRT (unless I have a child who is obsessed with princesses :goodvibes ).

We went to CP for breakfast, and it was ok. The characters took FOREVER to wait on and the service wasn't great (could have just been a bad day. Although by the looks of it, it may be normal).

Hollywood & Vine I had heard wasn't great, but we did it for the Fantasmic package, so no regrets there. I, personally, am not a fan of a buffer for dinner/lunch. If I'm going to do a buffet, I'd rather breakfast.

As far as CRT goes, to me, it is not worth 2 TS credits. I don't particularly enjoy the Prime Rib and I wouldn't get anything else on the menu, so it is not worth me going.

I also agree that I wouldn't let anyone's opinion sway you one way or another as I actually did enjoy LeCellier and O'hanas (as did the other 6 people in our group). It is just a matter of preferences, timing, and a ton of other things. :)

20. KTJAY

KTJAY Mouseketeer

I agree about the resorts making fresher food and desserts!! And I wasn't impressed with B&C either-i like the atmosphere and the shakes but I can get a much better burger @ Five guys :goodvibes

21. WDWPrincess1208

WDWPrincess1208 Tinkerbell Wannabe!

I don't completely regret going here but Sanaa is one restaurant I would be fine with not dining at again! I had a difficult time finding anything enjoyable for my entree and tried a few bites of others dinners of the party I was with and wasn't crazy about anything. But I will say that the desserts were fantastic!!! It made up for me not enjoying my meal! Service was also outstanding!