What restaurants do you regret eating at?

DISclaimer: this is just my opinion..

Crystal Palace, food was yucky, characters didn't interact much, server was very slow at one point I think he forgot us.:confused3

I would agree with this I found the food in Crystal Palace to be just gross. It had that cheesy vegas buffet about it, except its not free. The character there look like they were in a magic marker fight its where the tired Char Costumes come to die an undignified death of smashed food sticky fingers and dirty marker gloves.

DISclaimer: this is just my opinion..

Crystal Palace, food was yucky, characters didn't interact much, server was very slow at one point I think he forgot us.:confused3

My opinion matches your opinion. But I did like walking through the park before it opened.

Our last meal at H&V. The first two times we were there for dinner it was fine so i guess the quality must have gone down or we were just there on a bad day.

Crystal Palace- WAYYY over priced for the bland food you get on the buffet. Characters were rushed as so many people there. Just didn't feel like you get good food for the money.

Tusker House- WORST meal EVER! We had sinner here and the only thing we liked was the peanut butter and jelly from the kids section.

Garden Grill- Did not like the food at all & slow service!

I have been to WDW 9 times and I can honestly say I have never had a terrible meal. I have to be honest, I'm somewhat a creature of habit and I'm not particularly "experimental". A lot of people have mentioned the Hollywood & Vine, I don't know if that's a new thing, but we ate there (for the fantasmic dinner package) in 2008 and it was OK, nothing spectacular but no complaints.

I agree with the Spirit of Aloha complaints, I found the food edible at best, service was rushed and although the server did comply with request, it seemed to be grudgingly. Not worth paying for, but if you've got the DDP and you get it for free... you can accept it!

Places I would definitely eat again....

Artist Pointe
Trails End

We took two dining-intensive trips in late 2011 and earlier this year, and I think the only restaurant I was disappointed with was Teppan Edo. None of the restaurants we ate at had truly terrible food, and we never got sick, but I just wasn't happy with TE.

First, we were just two people, and we got seated with two families who were part of an even larger group that occupied many of the tables in the dining room. So, I guess that already made things a bit awkward, since we were left out of the conversations. Second, we saw the "show" at a nearby table when they had their dinner, and it was the exact same thing at our table, so there wasn't much variety in what the chefs did. Third, the chefs seemed to really be there for the kids, and everything they did was oriented towards the kids at our table (who seemed totally disinterested, mainly because they too had already seen everything at the other table). Finally, the food itself wasn't that great. They use a lot of oil to cook on the grill, and everything was oily. DH thought it was pretty good, but I wasn't impressed. I was glad we were on the DDP, since at least I didn't feel the burn of paying the high prices. Oh, and the dessert selection is between 2 items...we had one of each, and neither was very good.

I guess we could've been worse off in terms of dining, but looking back that is the only place where I actually regret wasting an ADR.

On our second trip, we didn't have a great CA Grill experience (so-so food, so-so waiter, and a storm that prevented any fireworks viewing), but I would be willing to give it another shot.

For me, it was Liberty Tree Tavern and Boatwright's. I wanted to like them, and tried to like them, but...didn't. Maybe I chose the wrong menu items, but the only thing I liked about my meal at Liberty Tree Tavern was the side of succotash, and Boatwright's sweet potato pancakes were a gooey, undercooked mess.

I might have liked both restaurants had I ordered something different. I might try them again someday.

For me, it was Liberty Tree Tavern and Boatwright's. I wanted to like them, and tried to like them, but...didn't. Maybe I chose the wrong menu items, but the only thing I liked about my meal at Liberty Tree Tavern was the side of succotash, and Boatwright's sweet potato pancakes were a gooey, undercooked mess.

I might have liked both restaurants had I ordered something different. I might try them again someday.

Even though we've stayed at POR before, and we will again for this next trip, we haven't ate at Boatwrights and never plan to. Their menu just looks unappetizing to me.

Liberty. Inn.

Some people might be eating so I won't explain what happened to me not thirty seconds after eating there. I will instead use this .gif:

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh.gif

I didn't like Yachtsmen Steakhouse. The service was slow, the waiter paid more attention to the other tables than to us, the food was ok, mashed potatoes were WAY to salty & the dessert was so-so.

I had really looked forward to YS for a long time, that was why I had booked it for our last dinner. It really disappointed me.

I have 4 that are never agains.

1. Marakesh-smelled like a barn, tasted like a barn:sick:
2. Mama Melrose-they managed to make asparagus taste like ashes-never again
3. Hollywood and Vine-eww!
4. Our lastest addition from last week...Biergarten. I was very curious and truly found that the buffet didn't really offer many options, food was meh and the overall cost was :scared1::scared1: (thank goodness for the ddp)

To be fair it was the last meal of a week-long trip on the DDP. We are all full and tired, and also sad to be leaving for home that same day. However, it took FOREVER to be seated; we had an ADR and it was only half-full. The choices, IMHO, were very limited. My DS picked at his "spaghetti" and my daughter did not even try hers. The husband and I made great attempts since we did not want to "waste" our money, but it just was not happening. On the plus side, the atmosphere is spectacular! The interior is just lovely and is very reminiscent of Lady and the Tramp, complete with a fountain of them in the middle of the main dining room. My husband wants to try it again for a fair shot. I just don't know it I can - I can make better at home.

We have never really had an truly awful meal at WDW but we will never go back to Crystal Palace for dinner or the Wave. Just not our favorites.

Tony's I have never had worst service in my life she literally threw the plates on the table and was so rude and the food was just gross.

Wow...I keep seeing H&V. I kinda thought things had shaped up there! The last 2 times we have eaten there we LOVED it. :cloud9: We are trying 'Ohana for the first time in Sept and am a little nervous. I figured it was fitting since we are going with my full family for the first time. Me, DH, MS and my parents. :woohoo: Anyone have anything good to say about the place anymore?!?!

The really didn't care for my meal at '50s Prime Time (pork) and I also HATED the make your own pasta that gets rave reviews at POR. It was sooo greasy and not much "goods" to the dish...mostly noodles and grease. Oh and CM...like others have said it is noisy and filthy. They really should concentrate on having a constant cleaning crew to wipe down the serving areas! Not only that but we were seated in one of those far back corners against a window that was covered in dead bugs. I understand the size of the building, but maybe a spray down every now and again would help it be a more appetizing place for the guests to dine! Just gross. :sad2:

I love O'hana, it is one of our favorites!! :)

I will never go back to Tony's, Chef Mickeys for dinner, ABC Commisionary or Yak and Yeti cs. CRT and Akershus we only do for breakfast. Didn't like dinner/lunch at either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter