What restaurants do you regret eating at?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by KatieCollette, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Csaks

Csaks DIS Veteran

I'm going to say Corral Reef for worst food and atmosphere. If you are not near the window it really sucks, then again if you are, those that think it is cute to let their three year old wonder around your table looking in the window while you are trying to have a good time with your own family is really a pain in the butt. The food was bland and boring and I agree with someone else in this thread those split bench seats at the back are the worst. The noise from guests in there is incredible, I don't know if it is the low ceiling or the shape of the room but it is loud. We have been twice a few years apart and will not be back.

Sadly I will also add Le Cellier to the list. I love the place but if Disney is going to make me give up two dining credits to eat there then I will walk 10 more minutes to YC Steakhouse. As a one credit place it was worth it, not now unless they seriously up the menu.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Stinkerbell1973

Stinkerbell1973 DIS Veteran

Coral Reef.

4. TLBlair

TLBlair Earning My Ears

Boma for us

5. GrumpyDad1974

GrumpyDad1974 Mouseketeer

Coral Reef... don't believe the hype. We ended up at the back of the restuarant when we heard the whole place was a aqaurium. The food was ok, we just thought we would be near the glass...

6. Tropical Wilds

Tropical Wilds The Command considers us a bunch of losers.

Sci-Fi Dine is on my "never visit" list. The atmosphere is great and I love it, but the food is not so good and service is spotty, especially if busy. I also noticed that even if I had reservations, I always had to wait at least 30 minutes to get in. On top of that, the programs they show on the big screen only loop for about 45 minutes or an hour, so if you're there for a bit then you'll see the whole show they play 1.5 times before you finally leave.

The ABC Comm needs to be plowed under, though when I went in '99, it was Pizza Planet that was utterly disgusting.

Overall, I noticed a real lack of places to eat at MGM. 50's Prime is fun, though, but even then the food is only just above average. Not bad, but not the most amazing.

I'm shocked to see the negative stuff about Coral Reef. I've been twice and both times they were the dining experiences that stood out from the whole trip. The first time I was far right, second or third landing row back, but I could still see the tank fine. The second time we were the second row from the tank (about 20 feet away) on the far right, and other than the occasionaly lookey-loo, we were left mostly alone. Both times, the waiters stuck out as being especially great. I'd say they were both the top 2 waiters I've had at any place I've ever eaten in and out of WDW. Maybe we got lucky? Either way, it's always my first reservation I make after I book my trip... This time around, I actually made the reservation for CR before I bought plane tickets. :lmao:

7. Mrs.Reese

Mrs.Reese <font color=darkorange>My name is Dr. Reese and I

I may get flamed but 50's PTC. I'm a celiac and had contacted the restaurant beforehand where they swore they could make me fried chicken. We show up for our ADR and the chef really discouraged me from it. He really pushed me towards the "pot pie." Well the "pot pie" was nothing more than a gluten-free bun in half with the pot pie ingredients poured over it. I was none too happy! He obviously didn't want to go through the effort and wanted to make something quick. The server also pretty much ignored us. Didn't check on us until we were done eating! I actually wrote a complaint about that one.

8. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Coral Reef. Bad service, bad oversalty food, and although we weren't at a bad table (we were at the first row of booths by the aquarium, which was great), we could see how people would be annoyed. If you sit right next to the tank, other people's kids run up to the glass and bother you. Annoying, and not worth it.

9. Bell30012

Bell30012 DIS Veteran

Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney. We were on the DxDP and actually had a server argue with me about whether the appetizer was included with the meal or not. I finally told the server to bring me the appetizer and we'd deal with the bill at the end of the meal.

The tables were too close together and the seating was 45 minutes after our ADR time. I liked looking at all the memorabilia. The truth is, I don't think the food was really all that great either.

10. Soarin_04

Soarin_04 Mouseketeer

Amen Sister! Total waste of a meal and the money spent for it. There are so many other good places.

Ditto Mama Melrose. Cold food. Horrible service. Absolutely disgusting flatbread (that my sons says, reading over my shoulder, tasted like feet smell).

We did the Fantasmic package and we should've just taken our chances with getting seats without the package.

11. Tinkerbellah

Tinkerbellah Mouseketeer

LOL!!! I think the pizza delivery is the ONLY truly BAD thing I ever ate @ WDW. If I order pizza it would be from an off property pizza shop. However, I don't mind the mini pizza served @ CS places. Not awesome but w/ a salad, it does the trick.

My husband & I LOVED the Spirit of Aloha! Our food was FANTASTIC!

12. Tess'smom

Tess'smom Mouseketeer

Hollywood and Vine was from hell. We didn't enjoy Cinderella Castle dinner - too expensive, food mediocre, and they want to rush you out as quickly as possible.

13. collegejunkie

collegejunkie DIS Veteran

plaza diner - food wasn't that good and very bland

50 prime time - our server wasn't fun at all and kept forgetting to bring us anything we asked for. food was okay but not worth a trip back. shame, because i feel like it could have been fun

14. maciec

maciec AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

Cosmic Rays - food poisoning!

15. Bellefan22

Bellefan22 Mousejunkie for life

Please do not flame me... :scared1:

We have tried Sci-Fi Dine-In twice and both times the food was mediocre at best. Worst of all, we couldn't SEE it because it is so very dark. On top of that, we waited for an inordinate amount of time for run-of-the-mill burgers.

Oh well. Maybe we will try it again sometime and say "third time's the charm"?

16. janabananas

janabananas DIS Veteran

Hollywood Brown Derby. The food was decent, had the Cobb salad and grapefruit cake. But the overall experience was unpleasant from start to end. I felt unwanted in there. The guy at check in was unfriendly, the lady who walked me to my table didn't smile, the waiter was actually nice, but took forever to get water refills and get the check to me at the end of the meal.

I paid OOP, but if I was on the DDP I would have felt like I totally wasted 2 TS credits. I could get dinner at Tokyo Dining and at Kona Cafe, with fantastic service for those same TS credits.

17. ILoveDisney&Cruising

ILoveDisney&Cruising <font color=peach>DVC member since 2006 ... wish w

Boma

and

Tony's

18. ChiCat

ChiCat DIS Veteran

The Wave.

Small portions and the food was mediocre at best, including the dessert. And they don't have steak knives? So bizarre. :confused3

19. kapoof

kapoof DIS Veteran

i agree, i got stone cold soup there once.

last week i stopped in norway for school bread and it was old, stale and gross. :scared1: i remember it being soo good..never again, i'll stick to france for my treats.

20. xipetotec

xipetotec DIS Veteran

Well I like to say that I don't "regret" eating at any Disney restaurants cause I want to try everywhere... that being said...

I really HATED Tony's Town Square. The service was fine, the food was awful.

21. Aurora in blue

Aurora in blue Mouseketeer

I agree about SCI-Fi ..way to dark to eat bad ribs. Tried it again for DD next time we will try something else.