• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What restaurants do you regret eating at?

Coral Reef Restaurant: We were seated in a table furthest away from the aquarium in some ridiculous booth setup where you share a split table with strangers. Everyone was uncomfortable, the food was not good, the restaurant was noisy, and it seemed like it was our servers first night (he was flustered and had trouble getting orders and remembering things like drink refills).

It wasn't all bad, the dessert there was good.

Same as you. We were seated in front of the aquarium in the corner. The only place you can see the old turtle. The only place I think you can take a picture of it! Server not friendly, to noisy, food to salty ... bad dinner:sad2::sad2::

For me, Rose and Crown. Not that there was anything wrong with it, the food was cooked alright (warm though, not hot) and the server was the best we had in the entire vacation but for two foodies like my boyfriend and I, for the best descriptive word we could come up with to be "meh" that says a lot. I recommend it as something to try once, just don't expect to want to go back again and again.

I also will never go back to O'hana. The last time I was there I was 12 and the kids drove me nuts doing the coconut races and being referred to as my "cousins"..... and I was the age of the kids they WANTED doing the stupid coconut races. As an adult I can't bring myself to dine here. I think it's a loud, obnoxious holding ground for people who are tired of making their kids behave in public and wanting to give them a chance to get their sillies out. I appreciate that there is a place like this though, and am sure I will be dining here when I have kids who need to hula-hoop during meals.

Our regrets and worse experience list include:

Boma
Cape May (dinner)
Garden Grill
Whispering Canyon

Tony's Town Square...twice.

We ate there several years ago and the food was not good. Service was terrible too.

Decided about 10 yrs later to give it another try. The service was better but the food was worse.

Never again.

The Luau dinner show. I was warned but thought it would be a fun evening. Long wait to get in, and then the food is served as quickly as possible, and not good food at all.
It was like the servers were in a race and had to sling out the food as fast as possible. Terrible service, bland food, crowded tables, herded in like cattle. Never again.

I have to say we went to Raglan Road as party of 13. My immediate family of 5 was very happy with our food. However, it was the ONLY place that the service was absolutely horrible and they gave us major attitudes about my two nephews severe peanut allergy. They didn't take it very seriously and both boys ended up getting very ill. One only threw up, but the other actually needed his epi-pen. Then when we told the hostess, she could care less! I was very upset about this and wrote Disney about it. Haven't heard back, which is a shame. But because of this Raglan Road is off our list. No matter if we liked the food or not!

Chef Mickey's...we went here a couple times and the food was ok...but we went last year for dinner and it was horrible..dirty areas, food had no flavor and when we got back to the hotel my 3 year old daughter threw up all night long..my husband swears she had food poisoning because she ate the one dish that none of us did. Needless to say that will be our last trip to Chef Mickey's.

Went to Boma two different times on two different trips -- disappointing both times. :sad2: We are adventurous eaters, but really don't think it is worth the money. Zebra domes and soup are the most valuable parts, IMO.

It's a shame, because AKV is our DVC home resort and it would be so convenient to eat there! At least we love Sanaa!

Ohana. We ate both breakfast and dinner during a trip 5 yrs. ago. DH is still griping about it. The food wasn't that good, except for dessert. Service was lousy, especially breakfast. Our breakfast server was one of the worst waitresses we've had anywhere. The only good thing about the breakfast were the characters. They were terrific. The dinner "show" was almost painful to watch. The glowing reviews baffle me.

Ohana. We ate both breakfast and dinner during a trip 5 yrs. ago. DH is still griping about it. The food wasn't that good, except for dessert. Service was lousy, especially breakfast. Our breakfast server was one of the worst waitresses we've had anywhere. The only good thing about the breakfast were the characters. They were terrific. The dinner "show" was almost painful to watch. The glowing reviews baffle me.

I agree... we went for breakfast twice, thinking that the first bad experience was not the norm but we went just this month and again, the service was bad and the food, so-so...the big draw has got to be the characters (which were great)...although it's not worth it just for the characters...the characters are good at other restaurants too...

Coral Reef ... while we loved the atmosphere (we had a table right next to the tank), we felt so super rushed through our meal. Have never had an experience like that at any other Disney restaurant.

I am extremely laid back, love food and am happy go lucky for the most part. The two HORRIBLE dining experiences that we have had are as follows:

1. Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner. Worst meal and service that I have ever had at ANY restaurant, Disney or not!!! Cost was $70+ for me and my son for 2 skillets, a milkshake and a soda. Milkshake was supposed to be refillable but since we didn't see our waiter for 45 minutes at a time, we never had a chance to refill it. The meat was dry and tough. The corn was soggy. I left a not so nice comment card on the table and a nickle tip (I didn't have any pennies). We didn't get to see ANY of the typical antics as we were stuck out on the "patio" with 2 other tables.

2.) Mama Melrose for dinner. I have had better service at a taco bell and better food out of a Chef Boyardee can. We were on the dining plan and had to ask for dessert and then we weren't given a choice! He just brought all of us the same ice cream! My food and my oldest sons food was brought out and 15 minutes later they brought out my youngest sons: pasta with red sauce! Not sure why it took them an extra 15 minutes to throw some pre-made sauce on some pre-cooked noodles :confused3. Our waiter clearly hated his job. And they charge you for bread sticks at an Italian restaurant :eek:!!

I am happy to report that dinner at 'Ohana's has been outstanding each and every time. I have NEVER EVER had such tender melt in your mouth steak in my life! The service is always phenomenal and the quantity and quality of food is simply the best. My sons and I dream about it constantly, so next month we are eating there 3 of our 5 nights!! Bread pudding yumminess here we come! I also love the atmosphere and getting to hear and watch wishes from our table each time.

For us it was Prime Time in DHS. the food was average and the server was so obnoxious, it wasn't even fun--it was a brutally hot summer day and she wouldn't bring us any water until something happened, I can't even remember what now, but DS and DD were small and DH and I were not happy with that line of shtick from her:mad:But that said, I still encourage you to try everything once:thumbsup2As I read through the posts here, I have to laugh:rotfl2:because we've had some of our most outstanding meals, service, and family experiences at places others rate a zero:rolleyes:

ABC Commissary GAG!
TS- Chef Mickey's characters were great, food was below average

After three trips and a number of CS and TS there is only one place we will not return to. 1900 Park Fare. They were less than accommodating to our dietary needs and my DH thought it smelled funny.

Funny you mentioned that it smelled funny at 1900 Park Fare. I completely agree. We went there for breakfast on our last trip and I almost lost my appetite as we were walking in from the funky smell.

Sunshine Seasons (CS in The Land) was definitely not my favorite (which was a let down after the hype I had seen on the boards).

Also didn't enjoy CRT for lunch when we were on our honeymoon. It was way overpriced for the food we got.

Meh.

Looking forward to good experiences at new (to us) restaurants on our upcoming trip!

Yakitori House (counter-service) in Japan Pavillion in Epcot. My wife and I wanted to eat something different so we tried here. I have had much better food at Mall food courts. Small portions and not very tasty.

I second this. In a decade of going to WDW, this is the only meal on property that we thought was absolutely horrible. As in, didn't eat any of it, rushed to Germany for a pretzel and beer.

I second this. In a decade of going to WDW, this is the only meal on property that we thought was absolutely horrible. As in, didn't eat any of it, rushed to Germany for a pretzel and beer.

Count me as a third on this! we have been going to WDW at least yearly for 13 years & this was the only meal that we couldn't eat. Many of the other meals that pp have mentioned, we have had good luck with.

We ate at Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner a few weeks ago. It was our first and last time there. The food was just awful and thankfully we had the dining plan because it would have killed my parents to pay that huge bill. We took the boat to Contemporary and enjoyed flatbread pizza at Contempo Cafe afterwards because we all left hungry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter