What restaurants do you regret eating at?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by KatieCollette, Jun 2, 2011.

1. nejjie

nejjie Mouseketeer

2nd this one.. it was the worst meal

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Disneynut5

Disneynut5 Mouseketeer

WOW! I am so surprised at these answers! We did deluxe dining in Spet 09 and did not have one bad meal. We had like 18 reservations and only missed one - Chef Mickey's.

I guess the "worst" meal we had was 1900 Park Fare but I would do that again because my kids loved it and laughed so hard at the step sisters!

I love WDW dining!

4. jenandkam

jenandkam Mouseketeer

I second this. We had the lunch buffet at Hollywood and Vine when JoJo's Circus were the characters (it's been awhile - not sure who is there now), but the food was atrocious. Absolutely horrible.... I wasn't expecting a character buffet in an amusement park to have gourmet food, but this was barely edible. Whew - glad I got that off my chest! :rotfl:

5. speakerchad

speakerchad Earning My Ears

Its been mentioned several times, but I'll add one more for ABC Commissary as having the worst food, hands down. Other than that, I haven't really had any bad meals that I can recall.

I'm surprised and not surprised about the reactions to Marakesh. When my DW and I first ate there it was extremely good. We weren't even sure what we ordered for an appetizer (it was a sampler); all I know is we ate every last bit of it. You have to be a bit more open to new things. The last time we ate there, my parents were with us. Big mistake. They just weren't willing to try anything and ended up splitting something they didn't enjoy.

Again, California Grill. Same thing. The menu is a bit esoteric, but the food, atmosphere and service were excellent. We ate there 2 years ago and we had a semi-private room with a few other tables. Nice and quiet and before dessert came, the waiter made sure we new that the MK fireworks were about to go off and he would just hold stuff until we came back.

We also tend to skip the character buffets, although we have done several of them at one point or another. The food is usually not that great but you go for the characters. Walked by 1900 once and the place looked like a nightmare; won't ever go near it again.

Another key to decent meals: if a particular restaurant specializes in sushi, don't order the steak. It probably won't be what you are expecting.

6. FloridaDreaming

FloridaDreaming Mouseketeer

So, it looks like every WDW restaurant has been listed here as someone's regret!

I don't have any WDW dining regrets. It's a harsh word, I think, for a first timer to a restaurant to regret it. It's a learning experience. If you eat somewhere, don't like it and return there then, sure, regret it!

Restaurants that I'm not in a hurry to get back to...
    Tony's. It was okay. Nothing fabulous.
    Big River Grille. None of the food had any flavor to us.
    Chefs de France. This is completely my fault because I don't care for ham and cheese sandwiches or french onion soup anywhere else so why would I have felt differently about it there?! :confused3

7. dansyr2514

dansyr2514 DIS Veteran

I've honestly never regretted eating anywhere at WDW. Some meals are better than others but never bad. Of course we always purchase a dining plan so that may make a difference.

8. deschneider

deschneider Earning My Ears

DH and DS3 had a terrible experience at the Coral Reef two years ago. Service was very slow. They had to leave before they could eat.

I also regret taking DS6, DS3, and DS3 to Sanaa. The adults enjoyed the food, but it is not a place a for 3 little boys. We spent the whole meal trying to control our kids

9. notsosnowwhite

notsosnowwhite Mouseketeer

Crystal Palace dinner. We've tried it three times over the years and have never left feeling remotely good about the experience. We didn't enjoy the character interaction and although the food looked appetizing, we felt most things had strange flavors / after tastes. We also have not been happy with the layout / service of the restaurant. Never a good experience.

10. FortWildernessLoopy

FortWildernessLoopy WDW Vet since birth

Akershus Royal banquet Hall (well before character dining). OMG.... eeeeewwwww. The entire buffet was just disgusting. My cousin wanted to go there on a whim one day so i didn't do any research on it. I ended up trying to choke down a salad and I think some dessert. I'm sure (I hope) it's gotten better in the last 13 years but danged if I'm willing to spend any money to find out :D

11. dazednconfused

dazednconfused DIS Veteran

ABC Commissary and Garden Grill.

12. heatherwillmom

heatherwillmom DIS Veteran

I don't think we've ever really regretted a dining experience at WDW with the exception of Yakitori House in Epcot. We had eaten there several times before & loved it but the last time, we ending up throwing away most of our food because we just couldn't eat it. I guess everyone has different tastes. My kids, who are now teenagers, still love the buffets with or without characters.

13. dvcdisney

dvcdisney DIS Veteran

At this point, a few come to mind. These are the restaurants that we wished we never even tried. We didn't like the quality of the food or the food choices.

Crystal Palace
    Tusker House
    Garden Grill
    Prime time Cafe
    Hollywood and Vine

There are others that we don't like (such as Chef Mickey's), but was glad we tried it at least once - so no regrets.

14. softballmom3

softballmom3 DIS Veteran

LTT--1st time decent last time we went food cold, server acted annoyed to even have to serve us. Will NOT be going back.

Rainforest Cafe in the AK- again 1st time was good...last time we went they weren't busy and food took forever, not very good, server completely forgot we were even there.

Both happened on same trip during a not so busy time :confused3. Everywhere else we ate during that trip was great especially 50's Prime Time :).

15. TwoAtDisney

TwoAtDisney Julie

Won't go back -

Fall of 2010 -
    Boma for dinner - carved meats were too dry to eat (ham & beef) literally; ribs were tough. Breakfast was good, but never could take the wait for an omelet - ate breakfast there 3 times & gave up every time - s o o o o s l o w!

50's Prime Time - Meatloaf dinner - portion so small it looked lost on the plate; meatloaf had texture of wet cardboard & tasted like I assume wet cardborad tastes. Just a few drips of gravy on the mashed potatoes & meatloaf, making it even drier. The shakes were good!

16. Jennasis

Jennasis DIS life goes on

Nine Dragons circa 1999. The food was inedible and birds kept flying in and around the dining room.

17. ilovebassets

ilovebassets Animal Kingdom fanatic!

50s Prime Time. Never again.

Marrakesh. Just not up our alley.

18. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

There are a few that I did not care for but I wouldn't say regret with the exception of one:

ABC Commissary

The most miserable, horrendous, pathetic, terrible, and disgusting place I have ever paid $$$ to eat at, anywhere. Exaggerating, NO. What I can't believe about this place is I was dumb enough to chalk it up to a bad day and the following year give it another try........ I can assure you there will not be a third times a charm. The only thing I use this place for is the restroom and a Diet Coke in the air condition. :lmao:

19. katejay

katejay Mouseketeer

Artist Point by far is the worst overall meal I have had anywhere not just WDW. Food was awful. Wife had the only vegetarian option as we asked if there was anything else and were told no. First time that has ever happened. It was the House made Sweet potato Gnocchi it was sticky and overcooked. I had the beef tendeloin the worst steak I have had on property. We would have said something if our server had come back to our table. I had to flag down a floor manager to have steak refired and then still was not proper. Still had to find our server for our bill. It was early not busy at all. This was last week.

20. DonaldDoleWhip

DonaldDoleWhip DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear that about Artist Point. It's currently my second favorite signature restaurant, but I've had some disappointing meals there (in 2008 and early 2009 though). Sad to hear that they would serve food like that, and the service should've been better.

I've had good and not great dishes almost everywhere at Disney, so I expect inconsistency. But the only place I actually regret choosing is Coral Reef. I've been there twice over the past year, and it's disappointed me each time. I think it's one of the most overpriced Disney restaurants anywhere (along with mediocre food quality), so I wish I hadn't wasted my time by giving it a second chance.

21. katouel

katouel Earning My Ears

Same as you. We were seated in front of the aquarium in the corner. The only place you can see the old turtle. The only place I think you can take a picture of it! Server not friendly, to noisy, food to salty ... bad dinner:sad2::sad2::