• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What restaurant was a pleasant surprise for you?

Liberty Tree Tavern. I avoided it for years after hearing it was subpar food. It was our favorite of the trip. Everything was so yummy. My kids still talk about it.

I must add another thumbs up for Portobellas in DTD. My family ate there for the first time in January and we were so impressed. After numerous visits to WDW I am so happy to have another new favourite to add to my list.

I went to Coral Reef a few years ago under protest, but I had a really good piece of fish there. My younger daughter also loved the bread and basically ate the entire loaf, which was roughly the size of her head at the time. I can't say I loved the atmosphere or the service, but I had expected very little of the food, and really enjoyed my food.

Tusker House was one where I went in with relatively high expectations, and they were surpassed.

Sanaa. I didn't know if I would like this type of food. Not familiar with African cuisine and not a fan of Indian dishes. Was expecting strong, overpowering spices or seasonings but everything is actually pretty mild. Have eaten there twice now and will eat there again I am sure! :thumbsup2

Via Napoli... growing up with a mom who cooked the best Italian food, I tend to avoid many Italian restaurants... Via Napoli is now a first night tradition for me.

I generally avoid Disney pizza like the plague, but ended up where with my inlaws one day when my wife wasn't feeling well. Loved it and have been back every trip since.

Cape May Cafe for the dinner. We ended up getting our reservation for that evening that afternoon as we sat around the BCV and all realized we were too tired to travel for food. It was surprisingly delicious, and I'm a total seafood snob. Service was also great, and the theming was cute.

I have been recently pleasantly surprised by:

Sci-Fi Diner
Picabu
'Ohana
Tokyo Dining
La Hacienda de San Angel
The Mara

In December we were surprised with how much we enjoyed Coral Reef. We went to see the fish tank and knew it would prob be just ok and it turned out really good!

The Wave last year was an awesome surprise. Was a last minute with no ADR and food and service were excellent.

Two real surprises - Teppan Edo, we just stopped by because we were hungry and loved the food and service/show. And Plaza was the same, so good we made sure to go back on another visit.

We are looking forward to our trip in two weeks, 10 ADRs all at restaurants we have never tried before so hopefully we will get some new favourites!

For me it would be Beaches and Cream--found the sandwiches there to be excellent--so much that we ate there twice in the same trip.

T-Rex I also thought to be a pleasant surprise.... Thought the food here was slightly better than RFC.

For us LTT lunch & Nine Dragons!

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

We ended up going to Kona Cafe one year when 'Ohana was full. We enjoyed it immensely! Excellent food and service, we would go back anytime!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter