What port would you like to see one of the new ships based out of on a yearly basis?

What port would you like to see one of the new ships primarily based out of?

• West Coast

Votes: 67 33.5%
  • Europe

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • Hawaii

Votes: 28 14.0%
  • New York

Votes: 42 21.0%
  • Baltimore

Votes: 21 10.5%
  • Boston

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • New Orleans

Votes: 37 18.5%
  • Asia

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Miami

Votes: 8 4.0%

• Total voters
Same as above... totally selfish but I'd like Europe too!

And though I wouldn't want it based out of there, a trip that took in a day at Dubrovnik would be fantastic!

I was surprised to see so many votes for New Orleans. My understanding it is quite a haul (hours) from the actual city to the gulf. Though it would open up some more adventurous itineraries in the Western Car/Gulf. Getting much further south. The only problem is, no stops to Castaway Cay if they do that. I guess they don't do those stopos from Alaska or the Med. But just pointing it out.

I was surprised to see so many votes for New Orleans. My understanding it is quite a haul (hours) from the actual city to the gulf. Though it would open up some more adventurous itineraries in the Western Car/Gulf. Getting much further south. The only problem is, no stops to Castaway Cay if they do that. I guess they don't do those stopos from Alaska or the Med. But just pointing it out.

They didn't stop at CC when sailing out of Galveston either. Maybe the big question should be -- how many would like to see at least one ship doing 10+ day sailings! So many cruise lines do longer sailings as a regular option. That would open so many opportunities. I loved the Wonder 10-day southern Caribbean cruise and I don't recall them ever doing that again.

Also, I think a lot of people would love New Orleans as a city they could spend time in pre or post cruise.

Last edited:
They didn't stop at CC when sailing out of Galveston either. Maybe the big question should be -- how many would like to see at least one ship doing 10+ day sailings! So many cruise lines do longer sailings as a regular option. That would open so many opportunities. I loved the Wonder 10-day southern Caribbean cruise and I don't recall them ever doing that again.

Also, I think a lot of people would love New Orleans as a city they could spend time in pre or post cruise.
Did the wonder not have an itinerary that did Key west, Port Canaveral, CCay?

Was it a 10-day itinerary? Ours went south to St. Lucia, Barbados, Antiqua and I think St. Thomas and, of course, CC. It was a great itinerary and love the longer than 7 day cruises!

I can just imagine the outcry at prices for a 10-day cruise given the outcry about prices as they are now.

True -- you can get a 7-day cruise on other cruise lines for what Disney even charges for a 3-night LOL

I'm so hoping for the West Coast! I'd love to see a ship that does cruises anywhere from 3-11 nights during the non-Alaska season out of Long Beach or San Diego, both are only about 6 hours from my garage.

Come on DCL show us some love on the West Coast!

The Fantasy has 10 and 11 day Southern Caribbean cruises scheduled for this summer. Out of Port Canaveral...were you meaning out of the Gulf?

and, yes...they did/do have an itinerary that stopped in CC. ^^^ :)

The Fantasy has 10 and 11 day Southern Caribbean cruises scheduled for this summer. Out of Port Canaveral...were you meaning out of the Gulf?

and, yes...they did/do have an itinerary that stopped in CC. ^^^ :)

No, not necessarily the Gulf. That's why I put it out there -- I wasn't sure Disney did the longer itineraries of late (too lazy to check the actual website LOL).

New York for me. 25 minute ride to the pier, so close that I never have a problem getting a friend or family member to drop me off and pick me up. I love the stop at PC too with the park hopper included. I can't do a 2017 NY sailing but I'm hoping 2018 has some NY departures.

I'd love a 10 day as mentioned but I couldn't afford it. I'm at the point where I barley do 7-8 night trips. I'm hoping when 6 ships are in service it results in prices dropping. They're too smart for that though. I thought I'd save the airfare $ when they started NY sailings but the total price was comparable to including the airfare to Orlando from NY.

Although New Orleans is only a 3 hr drive (v 8 to Port C) for me, I'd still take Europe...European travel and DCL...two of my favorite things :)

They had Key West, CC and Nassau in 7 nights. We did a version that was modified to a 6 night and killed the Nassau day so the ship turned over on December 23 rather than Christmas Eve. Galveston frequently alternates between Western Caribbean and Bahamian itineraries.

In 2017 we are on a cruise out of Galveston that wakes up to CC on Christmas Day. I am dying keeping that secret from my kids.

They had Key West, CC and Nassau in 7 nights. We did a version that was modified to a 6 night and killed the Nassau day so the ship turned over on December 23 rather than Christmas Eve. Galveston frequently alternates between Western Caribbean and Bahamian itineraries.

In 2017 we are on a cruise out of Galveston that wakes up to CC on Christmas Day. I am dying keeping that secret from my kids.

Good idea in case the ship is unable to dock at CC...

Sydney, Australia since we live so close to the port here! Yearly cruises on DCL sounds like heaven.

What a great port!!!! And the city of Sydney is a wonderful place for those spending a few extra days before or after a cruise.

I've seen some amazing itineraries for ships leaving from Australia!

We sailed an 18-night cruise from Sydney hitting two ports in New Zealand, Bora Bora, Morea, Tahiti, Maui and ending at Honolulu. Beautiful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter