what others rave about and you just dont get it

We have passed the Dole stands but will have to make a point to try them. Too many people like them to resist next visit.

I do like pins and lanyards and wear and enjoy many but don't get the really big pins and over filled lanyards people wear. Aren't they really heavy? Some of those lanyards are so filled with them they must weigh more than I do! I try to imagine what would happen if they went on a ride that goes upside down lol. Do ER see disney pin lanyard injuries lol...

I select a few pins to put on my lanyard each day from a case. Otherwise I spend the entire day with neck ache and looking at the floor! Its a mistake I only made once...

Fantasmic

50s Prime Time restaurant

Turkey legs (not exclusive to WDW; I've tried them at 3 different parks/festivals/fairs and everytime I am too squicked out by the tendons/ligaments/sinewy stuff that I end up gagging and throwing the whole thing away, plus they are so salty with virtually no other flavor, IMHO)

Fantasmic

50s Prime Time restaurant

Turkey legs (not exclusive to WDW; I've tried them at 3 different parks/festivals/fairs and everytime I am too squicked out by the tendons/ligaments/sinewy stuff that I end up gagging and throwing the whole thing away, plus they are so salty with virtually no other flavor, IMHO)

tumblr_mij87emHCA1rl3565o3_250.gif
tumblr_mij87emHCA1rl3565o4_250.gif

;)

Mad Hattered said:
Dole Whips and Snorin' over California.

Haha! Lol :p I looove SOARIN' over California ;) ha ha ha...

But I really don't get why people are so excited about Epcot.... I thought it was well okay, but pretty boring! Except from Soarin' of course!

The Poly..Don't get it AT ALL :confused3 It reminds me of these apartments we used to live in when I was 8 which was a looooooong time ago. IMO, they just need to knock it all down and start over.

We have passed the Dole stands but will have to make a point to try them. Too many people like them to resist next visit.
I didn't even see the stands at WDW, but there's a stand at another park we go to and I tried one the last time we were there and really liked it.

The cupcakes - nothing worth raving about in my opinion.
I make better tasting ones - filled with mousse and topped with whipped cream frosting.

Beignets at Port Orleans French Quarter food court. We've had beignets at Cafe DuMonde in New Orleans many times over the years and love them. We thought the beignets at Port Orleans were greasy and tasteless. A big let-down.

Although we LOVE dole whips, and get them every single time we visit because they are the MOST yummy and magical at Disney, we HAVE actually found a place you can get them outside of Disney! Ever heard of Menchie's Frozen Yogurt? They do carry a Dole pineapple variety from time to time and it IS definitely exactly the same as a dole whip! We love, love LOVE it! I totally dig it with fresh pineapple chunks, coconut and those yummy chewy mochi things on it! :goodvibes

There's a Menchies by me, and also another place that have the specific Dole Whip brand. Too bad I can take or leave them. But I love mochi balls and poppin' boba in my frozen treats!

BBB is new since I have been there last. I browsed their website a bit and the pictures just disturb me a bit. It reminds of of kiddie beauty pageants which creep me out to no end. I am a little worried DD will want to go there during our visit in April. That will be a big fat NO!!!! It's not as if Disney World doesn't have enough stuff to keep her occupied anyway.

I'm really torn on the BBB for that reason. I'm sure my daughter would love the experience but I can't see her lasting more than 20 minutes in that hair. My niece had it done on our first trip and she made it an hour before they had to take her back to the condo and let her shower. The hair gel/extensions combo was hot, sweaty and itchy.

If you want your girls to feel like princesses you can do most of the BBB look yourself.
1-Princess dress from disney store or halloween costume.
1-much more comfortable looking bun
1-can of glitter hairspray(regular hairspray and glitter work if you cant find)
a little blush
and some disney music on your MP3 player
and tada one princess!

My I don't get it is Pin trading if I want one I will buy that one. Trading is just :confused3

I'm obsessed with pins, but I don't get trading.
I'm a pin hoarder. :rolleyes1
After all, I spent 20 minutes picking out that perfect Star Tours pin, so I won't be trading it for anything! :p

Soarin'
Test Track
Innovations
(Basically Via Napoli is what saves Epcot as a whole being on the list)
The parades

Beignets at Port Orleans French Quarter food court. We've had beignets at Cafe DuMonde in New Orleans many times over the years and love them. We thought the beignets at Port Orleans were greasy and tasteless. A big let-down.

I've never had beignets good anywhere else. Well, that goes for almost any New Orleans, South MS, cajun, southern food. It's just not as good as where it comes from. I EXPECT to be disappointed when I try them, lol.

I don't get Dole Whips. I've only tried them once. Maybe I just got a bad one - but it wasn't sweet at all. Just too citrus-y for my tastes.

Finally read this whole thread and had to addy own that i don't recall seeing.
Lapu Lapu at Polynesian. Before my last trip saw so many people on here say how good they are I had to try it. It was so strong i had to let the ice melt to water it down to be able to drink it. And i by no means only drink weak drinks but this tasted like straight alcohol.

We now skip AK and DHS. Been there, done them, and now stick to MK and ET. We don't like the food at either Mexican restaurant, nor Nine Dragons at Epcot. DTD--we must do the Lego store, but can do without the rest.

Peter Freaking Pan.

I don't get it.
Finally read this whole thread and had to addy own that i don't recall seeing.
Lapu Lapu at Polynesian. Before my last trip saw so many people on here say how good they are I had to try it. It was so strong i had to let the ice melt to water it down to be able to drink it. And i by no means only drink weak drinks but this tasted like straight alcohol.

I have a friend who specifically asks if the DISers are raving about something because then she won't order it, lol. Zebra Domes, Tonga Toast, that soup at Le Cellier and the almighty Dole Whip...all were just okay by her - nothing to rave about - except that soup, which she really did not care for at all. "They lie" is her new thing, lol. The Chicken Carbonara at Mama Della's, though, she never stops talking about. And nobody ever mentions it or the restaurant (probably because it is at Uni). :D

Different strokes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter