1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

what others rave about and you just dont get it

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by peanut1967, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Dis703

Dis703 DIS Veteran

I have to agree with the BBB hairdo. They do something similar at the Mainstreet Barber Shop where they took their hair and put it up into a super tight bun and put so much hairspray or whatever into it that it made it look greasy and then they poured glitter or fake jewels all over it. The end result looked awful IMO. I guess if the girls like it that's great.

I had a Dole Whip once and I can hardly remember it so I can't say I get the hype. And I'm a huge sweets and ice cream lover.

I am surprised at the number of people who didn't care for Fantasmic. I would take it over Wishes or Illuminations any day.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dis703

Dis703 DIS Veteran

It is a pretty awful attraction. The original version though "Alien Encounter" was incredible. So scary and intense. And apparently too much so as they switched it over to Stitches Great Escape. Despite the many warnings parents continued to bring little kids on the Alien version and I can imagine as intense as it was for an adult it must have been absolutely terrifying for a young child. We saw many an inconsolable kid outside that attraction. Such a bummer cause that was a favorite for me.

4. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

Alien Encounter was AWESOME!!! :) We also enjoyed the darker Countdown to Extinction, even though we like the ride as it is now.

5. Lorilais_mommie

Lorilais_mommie " They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the

My DH would have loved to see this.. Alien is his fav. Movie!
    Stitch is just plan awful.. But I will be stuck riding it one more time b/c DD is Finally tall enough to ride everything an is dying to go on this ride..
    I will be dying to get off this ride, as soon as it starts..

6. lucifie

lucifie DIS Veteran

We went to DTD our lat day specifically for Potato Head parts at Once Upon a Toy (which has proven to be a big hit with my kids) and we ate at Earl of Sandwich because it was right there and we were exhausted and didn't want to go looking for anything else and I'd heard it was good. My sandwich tasted like plastic and 2 of my kids didn't like the grilled cheese. How do you mess up grilled cheese?

7. DRDISNEYMD

DRDISNEYMD *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A gi

~If Starwarsland comes to DHS, I think a Star Wars type show would be fabulous! I would even prefer a Cars or Phineas and Ferb show over this!

8. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

It's a show featuring the songs from The Lion King. It's not supposed to have a plot.

I guess I must be weird because I think it's funny.

9. csummerlin55

csummerlin55 Mouseketeer

Test Track (although we haven't been since recent updates.) Even my kids said the ride to school with me was more thrilling, lol

10. huhwhat

huhwhat Mouseketeer

ear hats on adults

11. Paula Sedley-Burke

Paula Sedley-Burke Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Thanks for the info! Japan it is!

12. jamnich314

jamnich314 Mouseketeer

I HATE the new Test Track. I really liked the old one but the new one is so boring and repetitive...

13. imLissy

imLissy Mouseketeer

Never wore them until I was an adult

14. SMWfamily

SMWfamily Stinkerbell

Pin collecting/swapping adults. I was under the impression swapping with Cast Members was only for kids, maybe 19 and under tops?

Hopefully when I eat at be Our Guest in July, I wont be adding that place to this list, :rotfl2:

15. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

Cast members who wear a particular color lanyard (I think it's green) can only trade with children, but otherwise anyone can trade pins with cast members.

16. Chuckers

Chuckers Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

F.Y.I. I was also informed by a cast member that they have to trade with all guests unless the pin the guest is trading is something they already have on their lanyard.

17. PottersMom

PottersMom Mouseketeer

Ditto. IT'S A CAR! :confused3

18. Chuckers

Chuckers Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

But.. but.. it's a car that goes REALLY REALLY FAST... IN EPCOT.... and makes a loud noise and stuff... :rotfl:

19. MissAndrea

MissAndrea Mouseketeer

I haven't read through this thread yet but I'm going to throw my 2 cents in.

Park hoppers! We had annual passes last year and that's the only time we've used hoppers. Hated them!! I figure I'm in the minority but whatever, I happily pay the cheaper price to stay in one park each day. :)

Test Track is ok, but too much hype.

Kakagori (sp?) the shaved ice in Japan. So many people raved about it...it was just like any other shaved ice to me. I'm pretty sure I tried school bread in Norway but didn't think it was all that great either. I don't remember much about it now, but it wasn't enough to ever get me to try it again.

I'm going to read the thread now. I'm sure others will mention some that I forgot to mention.

20. MissAndrea

MissAndrea Mouseketeer

Yes, this!!! I couldn't remember the name, but I tried it because everyone raved about it and I hated it. And I too am a sweet-dessert kind of girl and this was awful.

Someone else mentioned that they don't like Wishes but loved Fantasmic and Illuminations...I'm completely opposite. I hated Fantasmic the first time, tried it again a couple years later and still don't really care for it. Way too much time watching projections on sprays of water. I like Illuminations better than Fantasmic but really, I can take it or leave it. We'll watch it once, skip it the next couple of trips, then do it again. I love Wishes though!! We never miss it. :) Oh, and Soarin...I LOVE SOARIN!!!!

21. dreamcruiser

dreamcruiser Mouseketeer

Zebra domes and Dole Whips..