What is your most ridiculously easy dish that draws raves?

Whenever I take these beans to a BBQ, several people ask, "Who made the beans?" Then they want the recipe. Okay, here it is....

ready..........

3 or 4 very large cans of Campbell's Pork & Beans
1 large bottle of BBQ sauce (I love to use "Head Country" when I can find it. Otherwise I Cattleman's.

Cook over heat until bubbly. Dump in a crockpot and transport to party. Everyone thinks they are homemade BBQ baked beans and raves about them ;)

I do this too! Except usually I throw in a can of different beans (depending on what I have in the cupboard) and then people really think you slaved!

Whenever I take these beans to a BBQ, several people ask, "Who made the beans?" Then they want the recipe. Okay, here it is....

ready..........

3 or 4 very large cans of Campbell's Pork & Beans
1 large bottle of BBQ sauce (I love to use "Head Country" when I can find it. Otherwise I Cattleman's.

Cook over heat until bubbly. Dump in a crockpot and transport to party. Everyone thinks they are homemade BBQ baked beans and raves about them ;)

I add some crisp bacon also.

I don't like swiss cheese that much

The mention of swiss cheese reminded me of this easy recipe that I adore (I am not a huge swiss cheese fan either):

Swiss Onion Bread Ring

2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated French bread
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
3/4 cup sliced green onions
6 tablespoons butter, melted

Cut the dough into forty 1-in. pieces; place half in greased, fluted tube (or angel food cake or bundt) pan.

Sprinkle with half of the cheese and onions. Drizzle with half of the butter. Repeat layers.

Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Invert onto a wire rack.

Impressive and very yummy :thumbsup2

Easiest thing in the world. My husband calls it "buttery pasta" - and that's really all it is - but he adores it.
Basically, all I do is make spaghetti, and once it's drained and back in the pot, add butter (actually more like I Can't Believe It's Not Butter), salt, pepper, garlic powder and parsley. A little oregano from time to time, maybe a little parmesan cheese... that's it - but for some reason, he flips for it.

He'll eat that like it's a filet mignon, but won't accept macaroni and cheese as an entree :confused3

The mention of swiss cheese reminded me of this easy recipe that I adore (I am not a huge swiss cheese fan either):

Swiss Onion Bread Ring

2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated French bread
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
3/4 cup sliced green onions
6 tablespoons butter, melted

Cut the dough into forty 1-in. pieces; place half in greased, fluted tube (or angel food cake or bundt) pan.

Sprinkle with half of the cheese and onions. Drizzle with half of the butter. Repeat layers.

Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Invert onto a wire rack.

Impressive and very yummy :thumbsup2

Ohhhh, this sounds good....I'll have to try it. I can tolerate swiss cheese when it's mixed with other things and melted. But to have swiss on a sandwich or something, ewwww!

Ohhhh, this sounds good....I'll have to try it. I can tolerate swiss cheese when it's mixed with other things and melted. But to have swiss on a sandwich or something, ewwww!

I hope you try it, and please let me know what you think of it!

This is a really easy Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe.

4 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
4 slices of ham
4 slices of swiss cheese

Place chicken breasts in a lightly-greased 9x13-inch baking pan. Lay the ham slices on top of the chicken and then lay down the swiss cheese slices.

In a separate bowl mix together:

1/2 (10.75-ounce) can of condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup white wine

Pour this mixture over the chicken/ham/cheese. If you wish, sprinkle with 1/2 package of Stove Top stuffing mix.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.

This recipe also freezes and reheats really well.

hubby's foreman had a wife. we went over for a football game:

CHIPPED BEEF DIP

2 pkgs. cream cheese, softened
2 pkgs, Buddig corned beef, cut up
8 green onions, chopped
a spoonful of mayo and a little milk

spread on crakers or mini rye

Well, mr. foreman got divorced. remarried
we were once again invited over for a foot ball game:

MEXICAN QUICHE

2 cups shredded chedddar(I HATE it when those "d"s start muliplying!)
2 cups shredded monterry jack
6 eggs
1 jar salsa

pour egg and salsa mixture over cheese. bake. (pick your temp. and time, oh go on... improvise!) ok, say 325 for, um, till it melts, 20 min?

serve with tortilla chips (SCOOPS work great!)

I told Nebo to tell Phil he needs to get remarried, .. I need a new recipie. It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!! YAY!

Lemonade Pie

1/2 small can regular or pink lemonade concentrate (slightly thawed)
2 cups vanilla or french vanilla ice cream (slightly thawed)
1 container Cool Whip
1 ready made graham cracker crust

Using an electric mixer, add ice cream to the lemonade concentrate in a large bowl. Then fold in Cool Whip. Mound the mixture into pie crust. Freeze for a few hours until firm.

It tastes almost like frozen cheesecake. :thumbsup2

A friend's dad gave me this delicious recipe for pork chops.

Brown pork chops and place in a crock pot. Add 1 16 oz can of Del Monte Italian seasoned tomatos, 1 can of chili beans and 1 packet of Lipton's onion soup mix. Cook about 5 hours on high heat until pork chops are fork tender.

I serve the beans spooned over baked potatos with a bit of shredded cheese and sour cream and the pork chops on the side. It's delicously spicy.

Thanks again for the recipes! :)

I forgot to include mine! :upsidedow :laughing: I make banana bread using cake mix. Most of the time I use Duncan Hines Golden Yellow extra moist cake mix, but the spice mix is good too. It's really good and quick. And a great way to use the bananas that aren't being eaten. Basically I just make the cake mix as directed except I cut back on the water and add the bananas. I use an immersion blender. I usually use 3-4 bananas and instead of 1 cup and 1/2 of water, I use about 3/4 a cup of water. I play with the recipe. I do bake it a little longer. I bake the loaves for about 1 hour on 350 and another 30 min or so on 275. Sometimes the baking time varies so I keep an eye on them and pull them out early if need be. I'd love to add nuts to the mix, but I'm the only one in the family that would go for it.

I make a pudding pie that's pretty good. Make the pudding with less milk. I think it's 1 & 1/2 cup of milk, fold in 1/2 a tub of Cool Whip. Mix well. Pour into a graham pie shell. Chill. Serve. :)

My easy Hot Wings: I place chicken wings or drummets in the crockpot, pour Louisanna's Best hot wing sauce all over it and cook on low all day. Then before serving I put them on a cookie sheet, pour more Louisanna's best over them and cook them at about 375 for 15 min.. Crispy and super hot saucy! Serve with blu cheese dressing, euuuu laaaa laaa.

1 lb of browned beef
1 large can of V8/tomato juice
1 med bag frozen peas, carrots and peas

Use the same pan for the browned beef.
Mix all ingredients
Add a dash of pepper & salt and some italian spices if you wish.

ENJOY!

I usually brown 5 lbs of beef & lots of veggies.

I don't really have 'recipes' so I don't have amount for anything and I'll try to break them down step by step!!
This is a newer recipe that I found. It's super easy but super yummy when I just need something fast.

Mexican Chicken Breast

Chicken Breast
Taco Seasonings
Salsa
Grated Cheese blend (your choice)
Sour cream

Coat the Chicken breast in taco seasoning and place in greased baking dish. Pour salas over the top of the chicken and bake for 15 minutes. Add Cheese to the top and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until chicken done. Add sour cream and your favorite sides and serve.

Super yummy and it's really yummy.

Another dish that is surprisingly easy and very elegant. Filet Mignon with a mushroom,onion port reduction, roast red potatoes and veggie.

2 Filets
chopped mushrooms
onions
tawny port wine
beef base or bullion
water
red potatoes
parsley

1. I season the filets with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika.
2. Slice up mushrooms and onions
3. Quarter red potatoes, coat with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake in oven.
4. Melt some butter with a touch of oil in pan for cooking filets, I do this on med/med-hi heat on my stove it's number 6.5!!!
5. Cook filet, season side down for 3-4 minutes depending on thickness and how you like your meat. We eat med-rare. Season other side while cooking.
6. Flip meat and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
(I put the steaks in the toaster oven on 'keep warm' but you can also just cover them with foil on aplate when done.)
7. In the same pan sautee up onions and mushrooms.
8. Deglaze the pan with the tawny port, add a little beef buillion and a splash of water. Let the wine simmer down (about 10 minutes).

9. When the potoates are done, sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.

10. Serve the filet with the onions and mushrooms and a touch of the sweet port sauce.

That one might sound harder than it is but it literally takes me less than 30 minutes, except for sticking the potatoes in a little before that. I make it for DH when he has had a great day at work or a really hard day at work ... an elegant special occassion meal on a Tuesday!!!

This one is super easy but a little bit more time consuming with it's steps. I usually make them for DH and some of buddies if they come over for golf or a football game. They make me serve it with my homemade blue cheese but regular blue cheese would be fine.

Buffalo chicken eggrolls

Two chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
1 cup of hot sauce
1 cup of butter
garlic powder
pepper
egg roll wrappers

Cook the chicken until shreddable and shredded!!
Mix the hot sauce and melt butter over med heat. Add pepper and garlic powder (I also use onion powder) to taste.
In a bowl mix the chicken and the hot sauce mixture.
Place a little amount in the center of the egg roll wrapper and roll up.
Fry in skillet with a little bit of oil. You could probably bake them but it's easier to just fry them for the guys!!!

I had these at the Grand Lux Cafe and came home to search for a recipe of something similar and didn't find anything on the internet. It was pretty easy to figure out and DH LOVES them ...

Baked Macaroni
2 cans crushed tomatoes
1 lb.elbow macaroni
1 lb.yellow american cheese
1 stick margarine

crushed tomatoes and margarine-heat up on stove and let simmer
cook macaroni and drain well
in baking dish, layer macaroni, some of the tomatoes(spread across),and cheese..continue to layer until you use everything up..put it in the oven on 375 degrees until the cheese is bubbling..

Put mozz, tomatoes and basil over chicken, pour on Good Seasons
Serve with crusty beard to soak up dressing

Please don't serve it with "crusty beard" :rolleyes1 I meant to say "bread", but thought it was pretty funny. I was scanning and that caught my eye. :rotfl:

Easiest thing in the world. My husband calls it "buttery pasta" - and that's really all it is - but he adores it.
Basically, all I do is make spaghetti, and once it's drained and back in the pot, add butter (actually more like I Can't Believe It's Not Butter), salt, pepper, garlic powder and parsley. A little oregano from time to time, maybe a little parmesan cheese... that's it - but for some reason, he flips for it.

He'll eat that like it's a filet mignon, but won't accept macaroni and cheese as an entree :confused3

I do the same thing! One of my favs. Great when sauce causes heartburn. My DH won't accept mac n cheese as an entree either. Pasta with butter counts though for some reason :confused: Is he Italian? :)

I love everyone's recipes! I'm going to try LaraK's tonight! :yay:

The 2 ingredient dessert.....

1 box Nabisco Famous Chocolate wafer cookies
Whipped cream (best) or Cool Whip

Take a cookie, put a layer of wc or cw on it, stack another cookie on top, and keep layering like that until you have a large enough log for however many people you need to serve. Cover the entire log with wc or cw, and if you really want to go crazy, you can even shake some chocolate chips on top. Let sit overnight in refrigerator so the cookies soften, and slice it diagonally. It looks like a black and white striped cake and it is delicious. It's sacrareligious to use Cool Whip!! Only fresh whipped cream will do.

A real simple dessert that you can make look very elegant with chocolate curls on it as well. People are amazed when you tell them how simple it really is!

I make this all the time!! We call it "camp cake". Our family has a summer "camp" in Maine and every Sunday cousins, aunts, uncles, etc all get together there for a BBQ and swim in the lake. Everyone has to bring something and my grammy made this every Sunday. Now I make it and like you said, everyone is amazed how it looks and tastes. I can eat a whole one by myself YUMMMY!!!

I don't usually measure but I will give it a try:

Garlic chicken
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Chicken
minced garlic
breadcrumbs
Grated parm cheese
1 stick of butter

Mix bread crumbs with equal amounts of fresh parmesan cheese
Take a stick or so of butter with some minced garlic and put it in a 9x13 in. pan.
Put in preheated oven until the butter melts.
Dip chicken (boneless is best, but you can use boned in) in garlic butter, then in breadcrumb mixture. Place in the garlic butter pan. Bake till done.

Fiesta Dip

one pint sour cream
one small pouch taco seasoning

shredded lettuce
diced fresh tomato
shredded chedder cheese
jalapeno slices
tostitos

Mix sour cream and taco seasoning together and spread in small bowl or pie type dish. Sprinkle with lettuce, cheese, jalapeno slices and tomatoes.
Use tostitos for dipping.

My tator tot casserole.

Brown 1 1/2 to 2 pounds hamburger--crumble as fine as possible, drain

Put in bottom of large baking dish sprayed with cooking spray

Mix 1 package frozen peas (let thaw), 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 can milk. Add chopped onion, salt, pepper and mix well. Pour on top of hamburger.

Add 2 lb package of tator tots. Sometimes I dump them on, other times I will "arrange" them in rows.

Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees

I rarely bring any home from anyplace I take it. It tastes very good heated up the next day, too.

Sounds delicious..... but what kind of milk?
Sweet and condensed, evaporated milk or regular milk???

Regular milk... after you dump the soup into the bowl, fill the empty can with regular milk.

I ♥ tator tot casserole... I use green beans instead of peas sometimes. And I call it "Taylor Tot Casserole" because my niece's name is Taylor. Just makes me smile when I make it, because I think of her the whole time I'm preparing it.

Oh... make sure you use the lower fat content ground beef. It's NOT good with the cheaper stuff!!

Here are some others:

Taco Roll-Ups
1 brick of cream cheese, softened
1 pkg taco seasonings
1 small jar of green chiles
1 pkg flour tortillas

Mix cream cheese, taco seasoning, chiles. Spread onto tortillas, roll up, cut into slices.

Orange Chocolate Brownies
These are in the oven as I type... the whole house smells delish!
I made mine from scratch, but you can use a brownie mix to make it easier. Just add 1 tsp orange extract to the batter before you pour it into the pan. Sprinkle with a cup of chocolate chips. YUMMY!!!!

Crescent Cheesecake Squares
1 TBSP butter, melted
2 tubes crescent rolls
2 pkg cream cheese, softened
1 cup plus 1 TBSP sugar, divided
1 TBSP cinnamon

Spray a 13x9 pan. Layer one tube of crescent rolls into pan to create a bottom crust. Mix cream cheese and cup of sugar together. Spread on top of crescent rolls. Cover cream cheese mixture with second tube of of crescents to make top crust. Brush with melted butter. Mix 1 TBSP sugar with 1 TBSP cinnamon and sprinkle on top. Bake at 350º for 30 minutes. Refrigerate 2 hours. Cut into squares. Unbelievably good!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter